Fan's Corner - What did you prepare for the coming campaign?

lamptern

No matter what the outcome could be, as a loyalty Voyageur, I got prepared with something to support our teams:

1. Canada Soccer Men's Nike Dri-FIT Legend 2.0 Tee

70a64e3b-6909-4336-8af5-c85ef25c7162.thumb.jpg.de05aeb449cf364bbe05d2d231352c86.jpg

2. Canada Soccer Nike Campus Adjustable Cap

7ff4f39d-98ef-4a43-a50d-b3279d7d1621.thumb.jpg.af7fe122f311f722b1fbd36a45e055b4.jpg 

3. Subscribed OneSoccer to follow our warriors from 1st second they fight.

onesoccer-free-stream.jpg.cb6f51a6d3f3212fda6edaa782245992.jpg

4. Plenty of beer.

What did you prepare for the party?

I renewed my OS account - helps the Nats and CPL.  Other than that, I don’t buy much merch anymore.   With two kids pretty much constantly in multiple sports, the fees/camps/gear eats up lots of discretionary funds.  Plus I have been trying to get some early Davies and David soccer cards lately so that is using up my fun-money.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

I completed a reno in my basement so I have a nice viewing area setup. It’s full of breakables to smash and pillows to cry into but it’s sound proof and cordoned off from the rest of the house so the dogs and kids are safe. Once these games are over and the eventual disappointment sets in I’ve designed the room so that it can be walled off and never thought of again.

32 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I completed a reno in my basement so I have a nice viewing area setup. It’s full of breakables to smash and pillows to cry into but it’s sound proof and cordoned off from the rest of the house so the dogs and kids are safe. Once these games are over and the eventual disappointment sets in I’ve designed the room so that it can be walled off and never thought of again.

You may need a much much larger house.

39 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You may need a much much larger house.

When past nightmares are forgotten and the optimism returns, probably in June, I’ll wonder “what’s behind this brick doorway?” I’ll break down the wall and the process starts over. It’s kind of like eating at Red Lobster, you go there, you love it, you feel like shit, you swear you’ll never go back. Then months pass and you forget how terrible it made you feel and you think “hmmm, Red Lobster is delicious, I should go there for dinner tonight!”

On 3/19/2021 at 1:57 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Alternatively you just need enough space to hold one grown man, balled up into the fetal position, watching the game on his iPhone, while rocking back and forth crying.  That isn’t a major reno.  

That could even be something done in a park or city square, but you should ask local government to design public space accordingly.

• 6 months later...