Canada vs Barbados - Jan 7th (Camp Poutine Match #1)

The first match of our 2020 Camp Poutine.

Starting XI:

http://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1214691625777221633

Piette (captain) (replaced by Shome at the 57th)
Crépeau
Godinho
Adekugbe
James
Chapman 
(replaced by Nelson at the 67th)
Osorio (replaced by Teibert at the 57th)
Ricketts (replaced by Brym at the 67th)
Fraser (replaced by Okello at the 75th)
Akindele (replaced by Bair at the 71st)
Miller

Win: +1.13 FIFA points

Draw: -1.37 FIFA points

Loss: -3.87 FIFA points (goodbye HEX?)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Just now, Obinna said:

Glad Herdman is playing it safe by putting out our strongest squad. I like that.

This was always the logical thing to do. If we struggle, we stick to a strong squad. If we are up by 4 goals, we can sub in 6 guys at the 65th minute and see how the young guns ( U23 ) guys play together.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Looks like it's back to the box midfield with Ricketts playing the Davies role and Akindele playing the David role.

Good stuff if so. Should have never went away from that in Orlando. Glad to see Herdman giving it another go, if that is what's going on.

I thought it looked like a box too based on the personnel.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Looks like it's back to the box midfield with Ricketts playing the Davies role and Akindele playing the David role.

Good stuff if so. Should have never went away from that in Orlando. Glad to see Herdman giving it another go, if that is what's going on.

Not sure about that. I think Ricketts might be better suited to be the centre-forward; Akindele plays more often on the wing at club level right? but to be honest I'm not sure exactly how this team is lined up except the back 4.

6 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Not sure about that. I think Ricketts might be better suited to be the centre-forward; Akindele plays more often on the wing at club level right? but to be honest I'm not sure exactly how this team is lined up except the back 4.

Akindele can play wing or centrally but does his damage up the middle 

After a couple of days it would have been silly to field anything but a reasonably experienced side. We need the points and can't afford to spend half the game trying to gel and feeling each other out. See what chemistry builds throughout the week. Depending on how the first game goes tonight they will also have a better idea of how strong the opposition is for the second leg!

11 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

My guess on formation

Looks good and makes sense.

Two things @SkuseisLoose :

-I think Akindele and Ricketts trade sides. When Ricketts is in a pair or on the wing, he is usually more on the right side, whereas Akindele is more flexible. Often on the left for Canada IIRC.

See:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/tosaint-ricketts/profil/spieler/94579
http://www.transfermarkt.us/tesho-akindele/profil/spieler/307720

- Since Miller plays LB sometimes, I think he would be the left-side-centre-back so he trades sides with James right?