TFC 2020 Season

Big_M

I wouldnt trust Gomez to know if his butthole was drilled or bored.  Jozy has sqauwked about the TFC doctors plenty, so if true maybe this happen something to do with his age and his many injury problems.  Besides, we are already short on strikers so they better get working on a few replacements.    

Move to..TFCII?

Tbh he should know better but his comments aren't without provocation or truth. He is speaking up as a leader in protecting his team mates. I don't see whats to be gained by making the comments publicly though. All could have been kept in house. So arguably bad leadership Jozy.  

I mean it's about time.. he's a good MLS striker but injured far too often.  You could very easily find a better striker who plays more games.  His attitude just makes him a clown - he makes poor decisions on and off the field.  For one of the worst strikers in EPL history he sure has a lot to say at all times.  

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I mean it's about time.. he's a good MLS striker but injured far too often.  You could very easily find a better striker who plays more games.  His attitude just makes him a clown - he makes poor decisions on and off the field.  For one of the worst strikers in EPL history he sure has a lot to say at all times.  

You must have missed the parade of crap strikers TFC had for about a decade. Barett, Ryan Johnson, Danny K, Soolsma, Earnshaw, Gilberto, Mista etc etc.   If they were easy to find everyone would have one eh??  Even if you pay through the nose its a crap shoot.  

12 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

You must have missed the parade of crap strikers TFC had for about a decade. Barett, Ryan Johnson, Danny K, Soolsma, Earnshaw, Gilberto, Mista etc etc.   If they were easy to find everyone would have one eh??  Even if you pay through the nose its a crap shoot.  

I didn't miss that at all ... I just wouldn't consider any of those guys to be better than Jozy they all went nowhere and that was in MLS 2.0/TFC dark days.  Looking back it's actually hilarious that they paraded Gilberto out alongside Bradley and Defoe.

I'm talking about getting a player for MLS 3.0.  Get a guy like Nemanja Nikolic even.  

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I didn't miss that at all ... I just wouldn't consider any of those guys to be better than Jozy they all went nowhere and that was in MLS 2.0/TFC dark days.  Looking back it's actually hilarious that they paraded Gilberto out alongside Bradley and Defoe.

I'm talking about getting a player for MLS 3.0.  Get a guy like Nemanja Nikolic even.  

Those guys were all brought in with all sorts of hype, none panned out half as good as Jozy.  4/5 years he has gotten double digit goals even with the injuries.  MLS 3.0, well that just means the standard is even higher....so that means a guy who isnt injured much and can average 14-15 goals a season.  If they can do it great...but its about a 50/50 chance whoever they bring in will pan out.  And Nikolic is 2 years older than Jozy.....

https://nationalpost.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/finally-healthy-tfcs-jozy-altidore-looks-primed-for-a-big-year/wcm/fefd9c89-7bbb-4a63-97f5-83176a979ccb

HAHA, the article mentions Mullins as veteran back up and Akinola.   YEESHHH!!!!  

I can guarantee you that if you wave $6 million out on the global market you can find a better striker than Jozy.  That’s just common sense.  And they might even play half the games too.

6 Million!  You can have your pick of a ton of quality strikers. 

It’s not like we’re replacing some guy on 400k who is scoring 10 goals a season. 

When someone brings up Jozy's EPL record as evidence Jozy sucks, you just know they are grasping deep for straws....because it is such a weak argument.

First of all, Toronto don't even play in the EPL and secondly, how long ago was Jozy at Sunderland?

@CanadaFan123 let it go already. "Jozy sucked in the EPL", is the type of old and tired argument used by disillusioned usmnt fans who blame him and Bradley for not making the WC.

Fair enough if you don't like Jozy for his remarks or his injury record or his salary, but his time at Sunderland was so long ago now it isn't even relevant.

Do you know who else sucked in the EPL? Pozuelo. Did it stop him from blowing the roof off MLS? Nope!

For the record, I don't care if MLSE wants to pay Jozy 60 Million dollars a year. His cap hit is the same regardless, so that point is moot. And yes I am aware they can find a "better" striker for what they pay him, but recognize that is theoretical. There is always a risk a new player doesn't fit with the club, the city, etc. 

Couldn't care less about the "comments" because we don't even know if any of it is true.

And finally, the injury record. This is the only valid argument against Jozy in my opinion, but I believe the pros outweigh the cons. He predictably got injured and the team still made it to the finals, so I am not going to be greedy and wish for a different to get us over the hump when we were a few bounces away from another MLS Cup.

Stability is the way to go. Keep Jozy around.

Edited by Obinna

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I can guarantee you that if you wave $6 million out on the global market you can find a better striker than Jozy.  That’s just common sense.  And they might even play half the games too.

6 Million!  You can have your pick of a ton of quality strikers. 

It’s not like we’re replacing some guy on 400k who is scoring 10 goals a season. 

Can you find one that has scored a goal in the MLS Cup for Toronto FC that won them the MLS Cup???

10 hours ago, gator said:

I wonder if Voyageurs Cup rules have anything to do with the promotions, any injuries to Canadians from the 1st team squad and TFC would struggle to start 3 Canadians before these signings!

Keep in mind that TFC is allowed to use players from TFC2 during Voyageurs Cup play, and has used several of them in the early rounds over the years.

Vanney’s even used a TFC2 player in the final (Raheem Edwards in 2016).

• 2 weeks later...

I like the signing

Hes only on a one year 1.6 mill deal so he could be bought down with tam or gam. 

He was all la liga not long ago, is there another player in mls who made it? 

He has obviously had injuries but if he didnt theres probably no way TFC would be getting Piatti. 

Auro-Omar-MAvinga-Morrow

Fraser-Delgado

Gallardo-Poz-Piatti

=====Jozy

Osorio-Laryea-Deleon-Ciman-Endoh off the bench. My only wish would be they could add a better backup striker.