TFC 2020 Season

Big_M

That Spencer as a strker/#9 got a 1st team contract at all after failing to prove he could even score at the USL level is what lead to so many fans criticizing Vanney for that particular move and the strong suggestion/appearance of nepotism. I also like Vanney as a coach but he isn't immune to warranted criticism. 

Ugh, now I REALLY wish to see Perruzza finally get his deserved chance. Hopefully Piatti can actually stay fit to help ease this loss a bit.

Also, with the new reports from "the bubble" of players still getting covid, I can't get behind this idea of playing matches over there. I honestly would not be upset if TFC refuses to go.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:04 AM, Bison44 said:

He didnt earn one minute...not one.  It infuriates me so much because i was watching a ton of USL, TFC2, Whitecaps 2 at the time.  And he looked out of place and clumsy down there, plus he was older than Hamilton and way older than Akinola..with bad knees.  CRIPES...I better go for a bike ride or hit the heavy bag, get the anger out before the season restarts.  Do some zen meditation/learn some coping mechanisms so when Vanney resigns Ciman and Zav to long term deals and releases Dunn, Romeo and Okello I will be mentally prepared.    SERENITY NOW!!!  

Vanney resigns

Just thought I'd take that bit out and put it in a different context.  It might help with your serenity!

On 7/5/2020 at 1:09 AM, Bison44 said:

If I was on TFC I would be hoping for some sort of airline strike to delay that flight south again and again .  

I'm assuming you mean an employee strike rather than a missile strike but given the current economy for airline travel, I think a missile strike is more likely at this point.

Well one silver lining, I was at the park with my son and his little friends..I totally forgot TFC was the early game.  HAHA!!  So I didnt miss anything, although it would have been nice to see Piatti.  And with the 5 subs I am sure we would have had Nelsen and or Okello making their debuts.  

51 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Greg Vanney gets a little too over confident there making the double CB change. I put the blame squarely on him for this draw. 

Yes.  You could also say that the group of backup CB’s are just not dependable.   When Laurent  Ciman played in Montreal, they had trouble winning balls in the air and team conceded alot goals off of headers.   Its the same thing with Ciman at TFC.  He is also not a good man marker.  I was honnestly surprised when they acquired him.  He does have the element of being able to play nice balls out of the back but that all seems secondary when its the defensive attributes are ultimately count in that role.

TFC have squandered quite few points very late in the game over the past two years. I am talking about games where they were in control.  

Edited by Free kick

Zava and Ciman make for a terrible partnership. We all saw it last season. Amazing Vanney continues to do it. You could literally sense something bad was about too happen. Kristian Jack was spot on with his analysis. It's embarrassing how much these guys are making to sit on the bench and be so unreliable.

First half was good. Looked just about the best team in the tournament so far. Second half was so negative. I understand the heat, being a man up, and the short rest. But that was beyond taking the foot off the gas.

Also extremely disappointed that Vanney would lie about playing the kids once again. You're a man up with 20 mins to go. Your bench is filled with Canadian prospects and you're allowed to make 5 subs, yet not a single one was subbed in. If that isn't a perfect time to do it, I don't know what is. Now TFC have to go all out in the next 2 matches, so I would be shocked if we see them at all in this tournament.

From the MLS site..I'm not a twitter guy, so its a bad cut and paste.  Someone should show Platt that stat before he does the post game One soccer wrap up video.  

1 - @dcunited are the first team to have a player sent off while trailing by two or more goals and collect a point in an @MLS match since at least 2007 (W0 D1 L156). Phoenix.#MLSisBack

8 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Zava and Ciman make for a terrible partnership. We all saw it last season. Amazing Vanney continues to do it. You could literally sense something bad was about too happen. Kristian Jack was spot on with his analysis. It's embarrassing how much these guys are making to sit on the bench and be so unreliable.

First half was good. Looked just about the best team in the tournament so far. Second half was so negative. I understand the heat, being a man up, and the short rest. But that was beyond taking the foot off the gas.

Also extremely disappointed that Vanney would lie about playing the kids once again. You're a man up with 20 mins to go. Your bench is filled with Canadian prospects and you're allowed to make 5 subs, yet not a single one was subbed in. If that isn't a perfect time to do it, I don't know what is. Now TFC have to go all out in the next 2 matches, so I would be shocked if we see them at all in this tournament.

Great summary.  If not one of the young Canucks could get on the field in a game like that, I have to wonder if they will ever get any time.  Loan them to CPL teams FFS!