Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

20 hours ago, Alex said:

On 1/6/2021 at 10:43 PM, Shway said:

Where the heck do you find half the stuff you do @Olympique_de_Marseille the dark web?

On 1/6/2021 at 9:28 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This is what the new schedule should look like:

Friday March 19th #CanU24 vs El Salvador U24

Monday March 22nd #CanU24 vs Haiti U24

Thursday March 25th #CanU24 vs Honduras U24
(Thursday March 25th #CanMNT vs Bermuda)

Sunday March 28th CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying semi-finals
(Sunday March 28th, Cayman Islands vs #CanMNT)

Tuesday, March 30th CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying final

https://www.scribd.com/document/489964734/Calendario-de-la-Concacaf-para-2021

Looks like my "dark web" ( @Shway  ) schedule that I posted a month ago was correct!  :D 

4 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

So two of those days are also qualifying games for the World Cup!?! We go from nothing to 2 games on one day twice.  Let’s hope the timing works out somehow.

Our "home" game against Bermuda may be played at either 4pm EST (there will be no fans right) or 8:15pm EST I would think.

Here's my go at a 23 man OQ roster.

Assumptions - No Davies or David. Kennedy and Millar are released. Akinola chooses us.  The last 3 are longshots.  Also, assumes WCQ isn't happening at the same time. Another longshot.

G - St. Clair, Pantemis, Hasal.  (Last cut - Breza)

RB - Brault-Guillard, Johnston (Last cut - Chung)

CB - Cornelius, Miller, Sturing, Kennedy (Last cuts - Montgomery, Dunn, Halbouni, TMG)

LB - Bassong, Gutierrez (Last cuts - Abzi, Farsi)

RM - Nelson, Buchanon, Twardek (last cuts - Corbeanu, Borges)

CM - Priso, Fraser, Okello, Paton (Last cuts - Mitrovic, Flores, Shome)

LM - Millar, Shaffelbourg (Last cuts - Tabla)

F - Bair, Akinola, Ongaro (Last cuts - Brym, Zanatta, Campbell, Perruzza)

Gonna be a tough team to make!   

3 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Assumptions - No Davies or David. Kennedy and Millar are released. Akinola chooses us.  The last 3 are longshots.  Also, assumes WCQ isn't happening at the same time. Another longshot.

CB - Cornelius, Miller, Sturing, Kennedy (Last cuts - Montgomery, Dunn, Halbouni, TMG)

Everyone forgets about poor Baldisimo 😞

7 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Agreed with most of the team minus Corbeanu who will be there if released as at this point making Wolves bench is much harder than making TFC’s... Peruzza and Brym will make it before Ongaro.  Shome might crack it but Baldisimo will be there if healthy. Sadly Flores won’t even be a cut and I’m not sure we’ll have Millar but let’s hope so.

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

GK: St. Clair, Pantemis and Hasal - automatic picks given the pandemic 

RB: ZBG, Johnston - agree

CB: Cornelius and Miller will very likely be the starters, so I don't see the European boys getting called, though I'd love to see it. I see Dunn and TMG getting calls. 

LB: Gutierrez, Bassong - agree

M: Fraser, Baldisimo, Priso, Shome, Okello, Shaffelburg, Tabla (Tabla is a long shot, but I'd give it to him, on his day he's the best on the team) 

F: Millar, Corbeanu Akinola, Bair, Peruzza

-------- Millar - -- Akinola

Tabla ----Fraser----Baldisimo---Corbeanu 

Guti-----Miller - - - - Corny-----Johnston

-----—---------St. Clair

Edited by BrennanFan

16 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

GK: St. Clair, Pantemis and Hasal - automatic picks given the pandemic 

RB: ZBG, Johnston - agree

CB: Cornelius and Miller will very likely be the starters, so I don't see the European boys getting called, though I'd love to see it. I see Dunn and TMG getting calls. 

LB: Gutierrez, Bassong - agree

M: Fraser, Baldisimo, Priso, Shome, Okello, Shaffelburg, Tabla (Tabla is a long shot, but I'd give it to him, on his day he's the best on the team) 

F: Millar, Corbeanu Akinola, Bair, Peruzza

-------- Millar - -- Akinola

Tabla ----Fraser----Baldisimo---Corbeanu 

Guti-----Miller - - - - Corny-----Johnston

-----—---------St. Clair

I agree with all of this. I just think a 4-3-3 looks better and is the formation Herdman (and therefore Biello) want to play. I know I know splitting hairs, just wanted to join in on the fun 😁

Millar—Akinola—Corbeanu

Fraser—Okello—Baldisimo

Guti—Miller—Cornelius—ZBG

—————St Clair——————

This team is very strong but would be even stronger with a pure 10. Someone like a Flores or Yankov would make this team real scary at the “u24” level

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

34 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

I agree with all of this. I just think a 4-3-3 looks better and is the formation Herdman (and therefore Biello) want to play. I know I know splitting hairs, just wanted to join in on the fun 😁

Millar—Akinola—Corbeanu

Fraser—Okello—Baldisimo

Guti—Miller—Cornelius—ZBG

—————St Clair——————

This team is very strong but would be even stronger with a pure 10. Someone like a Flores or Yankov would make this team real scary at the “u24” level

I think Baldisimo gets the Center of the pitch but that is a scary front 3 and I really like the goalkeeping. I’m not sure that those 3 mids play and I’d like to see Ballou tried at 10. Isn’t Buchanan able to play ?

12 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I think Baldisimo gets the Center of the pitch but that is a scary front 3 and I really like the goalkeeping. I’m not sure that those 3 mids play and I’d like to see Ballou tried at 10. Isn’t Buchanan able to play ?

All 3 of those Center mids are playing the Center of the pitch, none of them are wide. I have Okello in the middle playing more of a 6 role because Fraser and Baldisimo are good 8s

Edit: who do you see in the midfield then?

0917EC90-DEEA-476A-8666-AF2A8C629B08.jpeg

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

5 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

All 3 of those Center mids are playing the Center of the pitch, none of them are wide. I have Okello in the middle playing more of a 6 role because Fraser and Baldisimo are good 8s

0917EC90-DEEA-476A-8666-AF2A8C629B08.jpeg

I don’t really know the no’s at all, just the Lw rw etc won’t lie. Fifa puts Fraser as a CDM so it’s all the same at the point to me lol.

but seriously this team is good, we have depth. Guys we have depth how weird is this, we even left out Borges. This is weird.

we might actually qualify.

2 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

On second thought, I think Tajon Buchanan is going to make the team. Perhaps over Peruzza, or maybe Shaffelberg depending on the formation we intend to play.  Buchanan can score, he will push Corbeanu for that spot on the right. 

100% Buchanan over Shaffelburg. Although Shaffelburg did seem to impress the coaches at camp poutine. 

6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

100% Buchanan over Shaffelburg. Although Shaffelburg did seem to impress the coaches at camp poutine. 

Shaff is your classic old school winger, not a goal threat at all but fast as hell and he can cross at pace, a very good sub to bring in late if we're chasing a game. 

Tough to find the room for everyone. A good problem. 

RE. RB, Johnston is equal to ZBG in my view. 

Edited by BrennanFan

On 2/5/2021 at 11:08 AM, Shway said:

The preliminary roster was released on February 26 last year...so i'll assume that we should see this same list closer to the end of the month.

The regulations can be found here:

https://concacaf-cloudinary.corebine.com/concacaf-production/image/upload/v1612286402/concacaf-prod/assets/Olympic_RegulationsEN_1563953052.pdf

Assuming they haven't changed, the 50-man preliminary roster must be submitted to FIFA 30 days before our first match. 

So at the absolute latest the CSA must send it off on February 17th. In the days that follow that, the CSA comms people will be busy with She Believes Cup stuff so don't be surprised if we get the list from CONCACAF's website first.