Canadians abroad: April 19-25, 2019

jordan

Guidelines for this thread

•  In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for April 19-25, 2019.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

2 hours ago, jordan said:

England

Leutwiler has a start against QPR

I watched the match and he was dreadful in a 2-1 win, shows you how poor my QPR were, he flapped at at least 3 corners, and was completely at fault on the goal as he came off his line late, his positioning was very poor, he only had one easy save to make all match! I know he doesn't play much, maybe at home to QPR was his only other start, did not look good at all and judging by this performance he's got to be way down on our keeper depth chart!

3 hours ago, gator said:

I watched the match and he was dreadful in a 2-1 win, shows you how poor my QPR were, he flapped at at least 3 corners, and was completely at fault on the goal as he came off his line late, his positioning was very poor, he only had one easy save to make all match! I know he doesn't play much, maybe at home to QPR was his only other start, did not look good at all and judging by this performance he's got to be way down on our keeper depth chart!

So that settles it....Crepeau a lock at number 2.

1 hour ago, nolando said:

So that settles it....Crepeau a lock at number 2.

Every player is entitled to a bad game here and there and in fairness it's hard for a keeper who barely starts to step in and look great, if Herdman was to watch this match which I assume he will I think he will be less than impressed and from what I have seen of Crepeau he definitely would be #2!

Scotland

Arfield goes 90 in a 3-1 over Hearts. No Godinho today

Jackson is on the bench for today’s match with Livingston. Comes off the bench at the half. Just scored and put St. Mirren up 3-1 and that is the final.

Millar is on the bench for today’s match with Aberdeen. 13 minutes in a 1-0 loss, Kilmarnock had three reds.

Wotherspoon is on the bench for today’s match with Dundee FC. Remained on the bench in a 2-0 win.

Zanatta starts against Partick Thistle. 90 minutes in a 2-1 loss

Trafford starts against Dundee United. 90 minutes in a 2-0 loss.

Poland

Vitoria is on the bench for today’s match with Piast Gliwice. Remained on the bench in a 2-0 loss

Serbia

Borjan starts against Cukaricki. 3-2 loss

Edited by jordan

On 4/19/2019 at 11:08 AM, gator said:

I am sure that has to be due to a lack of playing time. How many starts has he had the last year and a half?  3?  Get on a new team, some playing time and confidence and hopefully he can be a viable option for the CMNT

MLS

Piette started and Bayiha (46’), Shome (46’), Choinere (74’) all subbed on in Montreal’s 3-0 loss in Philly.

Johnson, Henry, Teibert, and Cornelius all starting in the Orlando - Whitecaps match. Currently 0-0 at half. Anyone know why Crepeau is on the bench?

22 hours ago, canta15 said:

MLS

Piette started and Bayiha (46’), Shome (46’), Choinere (74’) all subbed on in Montreal’s 3-0 loss in Philly.

Johnson, Henry, Teibert, and Cornelius all starting in the Orlando - Whitecaps match. Currently 0-0 at half. Anyone know why Crepeau is on the bench?

3 games in 8 days i think, if that isnt the best time to put in your #2 i dont know when it will be.