TFC 2019 Season

Gian-Luca

25 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Finally a resolution.  While I agree with Obinna that his on field play was generally very good,  at least the distraction is now dealt with and player and team can move on.  Hope this means we are getting either a stud winger or defender with the money now available.

TFC is sitting on tons of tam money from VV, hagglund trade, aketze and now vdw off the books. 

8 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

TFC is sitting on tons of tam money from VV, hagglund trade, aketze and now vdw off the books. 

VDW is not off the books, his salary will still count against the salary cap this season. They can only get one salary off the books per season by cutting a player. Aketxe was already cut this season. He is that one player.

TFC had a nightmare offseason last year when they spent big on VDW and Aketxe.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:24 AM, Soccerpro said:

VDW is not off the books, his salary will still count against the salary cap this season. They can only get one salary off the books per season by cutting a player. Aketxe was already cut this season. He is that one player.

TFC had a nightmare offseason last year when they spent big on VDW and Aketxe.

They get some relief with the tam money I'm sure Curtis or Manning said it this week. 

What a game tonight, best debut ever for pozuelo. Wait til Jozy develops chemistry with pozuelo and they add a winger or two. 

Well, Pozuelo is good.

Overshadowed by Pozuelo, Osorio and Chapman both had a great game and continued their great start to the year. For me, Chapman seems deserving to get in the rotation a lot more than in previous years. He has had an impact every time he has played. 

I think both Osorio and Chapman will actually benefit from having Pozuelo there. He will open up more space in the middle, because he obviously attracts attention. And he will find both of them on their runs, as both of them like to attack the back line. TFC looking like their old self, and they still have some serious TAM to work with.

It is not very often that a goal causes me to stand up, put my hands on my head, and yell "What was that?!?" but that chip shot over the keeper from a dead stand still inside the 18 yard box by Pozuelo made me do that.  I'll be honest and say I had no idea who this guy was and questioned TFC's judgement in signing him as the new DP but this performance pretty much shut me up.  Guess that is why I watch the games at home and am not in TFC management.  :)

His passes were sublime too.  Hopefully he can keep this type of level of play for the rest of the season (if that is humanly possible).

Pozuelo...wow oh wow. seems to be a really humble guy  which bodes well for team chemistry. Vanney needs to do a better job of managing his subs. Up 3 goals why not sub Altidore earlier? It's a long season and he has a history of injuries why risk it when the game is in the bag?

1 hour ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Well, Pozuelo is good.

Overshadowed by Pozuelo, Osorio and Chapman both had a great game and continued their great start to the year. For me, Chapman seems deserving to get in the rotation a lot more than in previous years. He has had an impact every time he has played. 

I think both Osorio and Chapman will actually benefit from having Pozuelo there. He will open up more space in the middle, because he obviously attracts attention. And he will find both of them on their runs, as both of them like to attack the back line. TFC looking like their old self, and they still have some serious TAM to work with.

Chapman played well last season and hope he gets more playing time as Pozuelo has already played a ton of footie this season in Belgium.

Pozuelo’s performance was in the words of Ray Hudson majesterial.  Couldn’t have hoped for a better start and it is obvious he is class. Also demonstrates in my mind that injuries played a massive role in our performance last year.  Moor bossing the back (Ciman on the bench), Mavinga shaky at times but getting back to his all star form and we now have a younger healthier Vazquez.  Things are looking up.  

Edited by Club Linesman