TFC 2019 Season

Gian-Luca

5 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

It is not very often that a goal causes me to stand up, put my hands on my head, and yell "What was that?!?" but that chip shot over the keeper from a dead stand still inside the 18 yard box by Pozuelo made me do that.  I'll be honest and say I had no idea who this guy was and questioned TFC's judgement in signing him as the new DP but this performance pretty much shut me up.  Guess that is why I watch the games at home and am not in TFC management.  :)

His passes were sublime too.  Hopefully he can keep this type of level of play for the rest of the season (if that is humanly possible).

And it was his left foot :)

18 hours ago, The Beaver said:

Yes, and Drew Moor is the key piece in the back, in so much as he is the organizer they need. Not impressed with Ciman at all so far. He will be second choice all season, barring injury to Moor and Mavinga

Moor is great but hes 35 and the MLS schedule is condensed so rotation will be needed. 

7 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Apparently Menendez is back on the table, it makes sense as he's only played in three games this year. Maybe the asking price has come down? 

Unsurprising. I always felt this had the potential to come back around.

Independente convinced him to stay, probably gave him confidence he could break into the squad. I'm assuming that didn't happen and Menendez is still on the outside looking in, opening the door for a patient TFC.

I like it. I hope they bring him in. He would really look good coming off the bench for DeLeon. One thing they need is an impact attacking sub.

The offense was really clicking last match. I know it's only one game, but I think they have to keep rolling with that line up. Everything looked completely balanced.

Plus I think DeLeon puts in the defensive work I don't see in Menendez' game, though I would love to be wrong about that.

Edited by Obinna

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Unsurprising. I always felt this had the potential to come back around.

Independente convinced him to stay, probably gave him confidence he could break into the squad. I'm assuming that didn't happen and Menendez is still on the outside looking in, opening the door for a patient TFC.

I like it. I hope they bring him in. He would really look good coming off the bench for DeLeon. One thing they need is an impact attacking sub.

The offense was really clicking last match. I know it's only one game, but I think they have to keep rolling with that line up. Everything looked completely balanced.

Plus I think DeLeon puts in the defensive work I don't see in Menendez' game, though I would love to be wrong about that.

He's a left winger so probably not a sub for DeLeon. I would assume he would start where Osorio did last game and Osorio would take Delgado's spot. 

4 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

He's a left winger so probably not a sub for DeLeon. I would assume he would start where Osorio did last game and Osorio would take Delgado's spot. 

Perhaps.

The argument against that would be that Delgado and Bradley give the team more balance. Furthermore, you want Osorio closer to Pozuelo, since they combine well. It will come down to how the players gel in training though.

A point.  Team dominated stretches of play and needs to create more chances in the final third.  Pozuelo looked more human today with all 4 of his corners being terrible.  Laryea looked good. Not sure what Bono was thinking on the first goal and for F$&&s sake can we nail Delgado to the bench and start Chapman.

1 hour ago, Club Linesman said:

A point.  Team dominated stretches of play and needs to create more chances in the final third.  Pozuelo looked more human today with all 4 of his corners being terrible.  Laryea looked good. Not sure what Bono was thinking on the first goal and for F$&&s sake can we nail Delgado to the bench and start Chapman.

Was at the game, Delgado was bad. Laryea was very good until he messed up and kind of cost the team a goal. Bono needs to sit wtf was he doing on that first goal. They need to sign some players already.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Agree with you both that Delgado had a very bad game.

The team did well the come back, but it feels like 2 points lost for me. 

I would not fault the team for using some of that TAM on a keeper.

Who is the back up Westberg, whats his story?  Other than his name and he played a few games in second level france... is he any good?  

9 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

We already have 3 DP's, would Robben come here for a TAM contract? Sounds like bs...

What's the max a TAM contract can be $1.5M? From what I can gather Robben makes equivalent of $9.35M USD/year.

So yeah....TAM contract would seem extremely unlikely. 

Edited by mpg_29

1 hour ago, mpg_29 said:

What's the max a TAM contract can be $1.5M? From what I can gather Robben makes equivalent of $9.35M USD/year.

So yeah....TAM contract would seem extremely unlikely. 

Yes, i think you're right about the amount. It's too little, he can get more elsewhere.

Interesting.  Bradley drops down to TAM level and you keep Robben for one additional year at 3-4 million?! Then he’s gone and they can reinvest in a Pozuelo type who is in the prime of his career.  

In spite of his age his skill level would probably still allow him to contribute significantly to TFC like Zlatan in LA for a year and a half.  Would love to see him in person even if only for a year and a bit.

13 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Interesting.  Bradley drops down to TAM level and you keep Robben for one additional year at 3-4 million?! Then he’s gone and they can reinvest in a Pozuelo type who is in the prime of his career.  

In spite of his age his skill level would probably still allow him to contribute significantly to TFC like Zlatan in LA for a year and a half.  Would love to see him in person even if only for a year and a bit.

Doubtful Bradley would drop to TAM level..he'd be moved before that would happened.

“There are 3-5 players we have a lot of interest in," Curtis told MLSsoccer.com on Thursday. "Some of them may not be available, we may not have the financial wherewithal to get a deal done, but we have a few players on that list that we think highly of.”

Najar? Julian green? Fabian Castillo? Omar Gonzalez? 

Anyone else find it weird that TFC just dealt away their 1 spot in the allocation order for a 2020 1st round draft pick & number 2 in the order, allowing the Galaxy to sign Costa Rican international centre back Giancarlo Gonzalez from Bolonga, the team owned by Joey Saputo (who happens to own the Montreal Impact - Toronto's biggest rival)?

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Anyone else find it weird that TFC just dealt away their 1 spot in the allocation order for a 2020 1st round draft pick & number 2 in the order, allowing the Galaxy to sign Costa Rican international centre back Giancarlo Gonzalez from Bolonga, the team owned by Joey Saputo (who happens to own the Montreal Impact - Toronto's biggest rival)?

No it's not odd they got a pick for absolutely nothing.