Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

His balls are too predictable, slow or inaccurate..

If I had a dime for every time....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't understand Vanney's 2nd & 3rd subs in this match. Down a goal so we take off Osorio for Ashtone Morgan? Not sure if he was supposed to play behind Morrow, in front of him, next to him or what.

And that's the 2nd game in a row where, needing a goal, we brought on Akinola for more offensive who was completely ineffective as a sub. I should hope given that Hamilton has 2 goals in 3 games this year that he gets the next chance to come off the bench instead of Akinola, though he wasn't even dressed for this one. Of the players who were dressed, in a game like that where it's pretty predictable that we'll be sending balls into the box from deep, why wouldn't you go with Boyd as the aerial threat? If you aren't going to play him in situations like this, I'm not sure what he's doing on the team, you might as well bring Ricketts back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Didn't understand Vanney's 2nd & 3rd subs in this match. Down a goal so we take off Osorio for Ashtone Morgan? Not sure if he was supposed to play behind Morrow, in front of him, next to him or what.

And that's the 2nd game in a row where, needing a goal, we brought on Akinola for more offensive who was completely ineffective as a sub. I should hope given that Hamilton has 2 goals in 3 games this year that he gets the next chance to come off the bench instead of Akinola, though he wasn't even dressed for this one. Of the players who were dressed, in a game like that where it's pretty predictable that we'll be sending balls into the box from deep, why wouldn't you go with Boyd as the aerial threat? If you aren't going to play him in situations like this, I'm not sure what he's doing on the team, you might as well bring Ricketts back.

Hamilton scored a goal for tfc2 last night and I agree he should be the first sub off the bench if they need a goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredibly TFC have given up on average about 2 goals a game at home yet have 3 wins and a draw in these games because they score so much. Entertaining for the fans but not going to win the league this year unless they can get that sorted out. Bono must be playing himself off the US national team picture and he and Mavinga seem to be good for each giving up one unnecessary goal a game.

i am glad Vanney listened to me though and put Hamilton in - that is actually back to back games that he has scored it’s just that for him the previous game was about 4 or 5 games ago. All in all a Great Good Friday for Toronto sports teams 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Altidore criticized Bill Manning after the game for banning Giovinco's old trainer who also worked on Altidore from being used by the team, as Altidore went off injured with what Vanney seem to call a slight hamstring issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought all 3 Canadians played really well, Laryea was quite steady in the Right Back position and his midfield ability really showed with some sharp passing and good overlapping runs, Osorio had his usual solid game full of many good passes including a beauty to send Hamilton through and a couple of more which could have been assists with better finishing! Osorio's tracking back and defending is not mentioned often, he has really improved this part of his game to be a better all round player! Hamilton was a game changer last night, he looked dangerous from the moment he came on, he took the pass from Osorio well and bravely finished past the onrushing keeper then showed great speed and awareness to score the winner, hopefully his great night isn't overshadowed by Jozy's injury and outburst!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun game to watch but any new news on the TAM signings? We no Curtis is in South America and Manning is in Italy but what do we know in terms of Names or positions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, Rocket Robin said:

The kits chosen by TFC and Minnesota made it look like an HFX Wanderers intra-squad game.  

They weren't chosen by TFC and Minnesota, they were in use by the entire league this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RS said:

They weren't chosen by TFC and Minnesota, they were in use by the entire league this weekend.

Yeah after the second game of the weekend I caught on to what was happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 12:48 PM, badname22 said:

Fun game to watch but any new news on the TAM signings? We no Curtis is in South America and Manning is in Italy but what do we know in terms of Names or positions? 

I think they went to Italy to bring back the therapist Jozy was crying about. 

They have said a signing was coming for weeks. I am hoping for one player before the may 7th window closes and then another player in the summer seems likely. I dont think Menendez is coming or it wouldn’t take this long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I think they went to Italy to bring back the therapist Jozy was crying about. 

They have said a signing was coming for weeks. I am hoping for one player before the may 7th window closes and then another player in the summer seems likely. I dont think Menendez is coming or it wouldn’t take this long. 

This is true. ETR interviewed Molinaro, who said TFC were already negotiating to bring him back, but Jozy (naturally) wasn't aware of that. 

In the end it was a misunderstanding on Jozy's part, though I wonder if and how his outburst affected the negotiations 😄

On 4/20/2019 at 10:48 AM, badname22 said:

Fun game to watch but any new news on the TAM signings? We no Curtis is in South America and Manning is in Italy but what do we know in terms of Names or positions? 

As for incoming signings, Molinaro thinks they'll be lucky to get something done before May. He said he doesn't see it happening. 

Edited by Obinna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Looks like Altidore will be out 2-3 weeks, hopefully Hamilton gets the opportunity to replace him.  He has earned it.

Hamilton has 3 goals in 159min??  He has a better strike rate than Jozy this season. And I'm still nervous Vanney will start Akinola instead.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Hamilton has 3 goals in 159min??  He has a better strike rate than Jozy this season. And I'm still nervous Vanney will start Akinola instead.   

He actually has 4 goals in 4 games if you add the Champions league match and 5 goals in 5 games if you add the TFC2 match. On the latest KJ/Caldwell podcast Caldwell said that Vanney doens't trust Hamilton yet and has good reason not do because he hasn't been consistent. I guess he wasn't referring to the recent past.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton doesn't start, I got a slight sense of that from Vanney's post-game comments that he was already coming up with reasons why that wouldn't be the case. It could probably be spun as "I wanted to keep Jordan in his role as super-sub based on how well it worked last time" or something like that. You also almost get the sense that if he doesn't score in every game, he will get benched. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

He actually has 4 goals in 4 games if you add the Champions league match and 5 goals in 5 games if you add the TFC2 match. On the latest KJ/Caldwell podcast Caldwell said that Vanney doens't trust Hamilton yet and has good reason not do because he hasn't been consistent. I guess he wasn't referring to the recent past.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton doesn't start, I got a slight sense of that from Vanney's post-game comments that he was already coming up with reasons why that wouldn't be the case. It could probably be spun as "I wanted to keep Jordan in his role as super-sub based on how well it worked last time" or something like that. You also almost get the sense that if he doesn't score in every game, he will get benched. Hopefully I'm wrong.

That sounds exactly like AJH situation 2 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This drives me crazy.....Akinola and Boyd have been consistent??  Give me a break..Vanney is so frustrating.  Sit Hamilton when he is hot, and then maybe play him in april and if he doesnt score then its an example of him not being consistent.  Then we have to listen the the blabbering idiots talking about the CDN kids need to sieze their chances and earn their minutes.  When they do exactly that the managers find a way to stick them right back on the bench.  Exactly like what happened to AJH last year.  Stick with who is scoring and make the other guys earn their minutes.  The youngsters at Montreal need to keep playing as well, they are winning and CDN are leading the way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bison44 said:

This drives me crazy.....Akinola and Boyd have been consistent??  Give me a break..Vanney is so frustrating.  Sit Hamilton when he is hot, and then maybe play him in april and if he doesnt score then its an example of him not being consistent.  Then we have to listen the the blabbering idiots talking about the CDN kids need to sieze their chances and earn their minutes.  When they do exactly that the managers find a way to stick them right back on the bench.  Exactly like what happened to AJH last year.  Stick with who is scoring and make the other guys earn their minutes.  The youngsters at Montreal need to keep playing as well, they are winning and CDN are leading the way.  

For some inexplicable reason Vanney has always had an issue with Hamilton. recall the season when Jozy had a long term injury and JH scored a bunch of goals in his absence but was back stuck to the bench when he returned? Then there was Vanney's 6'5" pet project ..can't remember his name...just goes to show what an impression he made lol..who started ahead of Jordan. Now it's  Akinola. Frankly if Hamilton does not play a lot of minutes this season he should move clubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to wait until Hamilton is benched before I actually complain. 

If he doesn't start next match with Altidore out, after scoring a brace and doing the other things well, then I will join the choir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...