Canada vs French Guiana Sunday March 24th 2019 in Vancouver

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Herdman will be at the Voyageur/CSA event Saturday in Van, all you haters now’s the time to give him a piece of your mind!

Just kidding! Don’t give him a hard time although I hope some of you get the chance to talk to him and I’m curious to hear people’s impressions.

12 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

So Herdman will be at the Voyageur/CSA event Saturday in Van, all you haters now’s the time to give him a piece of your mind!

Just kidding! Don’t give him a hard time although I hope some of you get the chance to talk to him and I’m curious to hear people’s impressions.

You know it's funny that so much people used to and still do talk negatively of Herdman on here (His Appointment, Doubts etc) but now have an opportunity to see him face to face and ask or tell him anything you'd like 

What's most likely gonna happen? Short answer: Nothing. 

No one has the courage to say something in person than what they're actually saying on the Internet 

and PS we're Canadian: so guess what? Expect nothing else than to be polite 

Even the most skeptical people on here, will get on his side once he gets us to the Semis at this summer's GC (hopefully) 

We all want him to succeed, or at least the majority of us do. The past is the past 

The CSA is to blame for the old boys club and way of doing things, he just follows their god damn platform/agenda 

Anyhow have fun at the event everyone! Don't be too soft or too mean, keep it neutral and if you get the chance ask real CanMNT questions involving players 

1 minute ago, Stryker911 said:

Can someone just please straight up ask about the lack of friendlies? If there is a legitimate reason that is fine, but it is super frustrating.

This.  Honestly, nothing should be asked until there’s an answer to this.  

5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

It's to save money.

My guess? There will be a pre-Gold Cup friendly, and a camp-Poutine in 2020. 

Well we’re almost 2 weeks late on a pre-GC friendly announcement if there will be one. My suspicion is that we’ll have a closed door friendly in either California or Florida against an inadequate opponent ahead of the GC. 

And we won’t have a Jan camp in 2020 because we’ll be saving our pennies to pay for CNL matches.

Herdman and the CSA know they will be under fire from some people at an event like this, I expect he will not engage too much on topics he doesn't want to answer, my hope is everyone gives him respect the night before an important match!

37 minutes ago, KW519 said:

Seeing USA beat Ecuador and watching Mexico make Chile look like a CONCACAF minnow has me feeling jealous tbh. The guys need to be playing more matches together, and they need to be tested on a regular basis 

Agree + Trinidad  battling it out with Wales only to fall 1-0 at the death  and Guatemala rolling the 3-5-2 and beating Costa Rica 1-0. 

One step at a time though, let's take care of FG and go from there. :)

5 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Well we’re almost 2 weeks late on a pre-GC friendly announcement if there will be one. My suspicion is that we’ll have a closed door friendly in either California or Florida against an inadequate opponent ahead of the GC. 

And we won’t have a Jan camp in 2020 because we’ll be saving our pennies to pay for CNL matches.

Since we're not officially qualified for the Gold Cup, yet, I'm going to call bullshit on your claim that we're somehow late on making an announcement on pre-tournament friendlies. Who sets this supposed deadline for announcing such friendlies, anyway?

14 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

In my eyes, this is actually really great and awesome he is there and it's a joint event with the CSA/Voyageurs. Over the years the players have always given huge props to the fans. 

I think it's great that as a coach, Herdman is publicly thanking/encouraging/acknowledging the support and publicly stating the importance of fans(+Voyageurs) at home games and overall.

Whatever your thoughts are about Herdman at this time, squad morale seems to be quite high and there should not be much doubt about his leadership, motivation and passion. My overall judgement of his tactics and coaching is pushed aside until a full 2 week camp + a tournament (Gold Cup).  I hope most feel the same way as me. 

Can it be tmwr already! Wish I could be in Van, have a blast for all those that can make it! Loud & Proud!

12 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Well we’re almost 2 weeks late on a pre-GC friendly announcement if there will be one.

Unless we manage to get that friendly game against Qatar,

1) We need to confirm that we qualify for the Gold Cup. 97% sure to qualify is not 100%

2) We need to confirm that we will not be playing said team twice more in the fall (CNL draw at the end of the month).

3) The CSA need to know the groups for the Gold Cup to confirm their possible CONCACAF opponent for a pre-Gold Cup friendly . I assume the CSA will know the groups by April 1st and the public will know during the reveal on April 10th.

I think we will hear many things in April.

19 hours ago, admin said:

Indeed. Herdman and some players will be there.

So register for that ASAP

I wish I could be in Vancouver the last one was fun.  Someone should make a thread and post pics for the poor people that can't be in Vancouver.

Archived