Canada vs French Guiana Sunday March 24th 2019 in Vancouver

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curacao lost at Antigua! Depending on the Haiti - Cuba game we can become first (if we comfortably beat FG that is).

Jamaica lost at El Salvador, Martinique did win (0-1 at Guadeloupe) and is now the only team with a perfect score. 

I think we've officially qualified for Nations League A!

EDIT: still not officially (but looking at our goal difference it would take some helluva beating to prevent us). 

5 hours ago, shamrock said:

Curacao lost at Antigua! Depending on the Haiti - Cuba game we can become first (if we comfortably beat FG that is).

Jamaica lost at El Salvador, Martinique did win (0-1 at Guadeloupe) and is now the only team with a perfect score. 

I think we've officially qualified for Nations League A!

EDIT: still not officially (but looking at our goal difference it would take some helluva beating to prevent us). 

Unless we get pummeled by FG, I believe we can finish no lower than 7th at the moment ...

8 hours ago, admin said:

Apologies to all who are not on the left coast, but that event was fucking awesome.

7 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Could you tell us some of the more interesting moments and questions maybe.

+1

Would definitely love to hear some details and feed the FOMO.

16 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Hopefully the book another friendly in Toronto. I loved going to the last one. 

To me the biggest thing is playing a decent side to get geared up.....playing the US in DC would fit that bill for sure...I'm interested to see if the CSA can pony up and actually get a respectable side to come to Canada to play

2 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

To me the biggest thing is playing a decent side to get geared up.....playing the US in DC would fit that bill for sure...I'm interested to see if the CSA can pony up and actually get a respectable side to come to Canada to play

Was this mentioned somewhere?

The US have an "announced" friendly against a TBD team in DC on their wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men's_national_soccer_team#2019

That would be great but I get the feeling we're going to be in the same group as the USA. 

6 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Was this mentioned somewhere?

The US have an "announced" friendly against a TBD team in DC on their wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men's_national_soccer_team#2019

That would be great but I get the feeling we're going to be in the same group as the USA. 

No it hasn't been mentioned....just me spit-balling 

Any word if the dome will be open this pm?  It is overcast, but it is high cloud and very bright. And, by FG standards, it is practically winter out there. (What with all the apple and cheery trees in blossom, and all.) My weather app says 7 degrees, which seems about right.

Any word on likely attendance. 10K? The Beaver and his extended beaver family will be there in full voice. Looking forward to this.

Vive le Canada!!

1 minute ago, The Beaver said:

Any word if the dome will be open this pm?  It is overcast, but it is high cloud and very bright. And, by FG standards, it is practically winter out there. (What with all the apple and cheery trees in blossom, and all.) My weather app says 7 degrees, which seems about right.

Any word on likely attendance. 10K? The Beaver and his extended beaver family will be there in full voice. Looking forward to this.

Vive le Canada!!

it's closed right now so I imagine it will be for the game. 

45 minutes ago, The Beaver said:

Vive le Canada!!

I think closer to 15k. Maybe a bit more depending on walk up. 

Archived