Canada vs French Guiana Sunday March 24th 2019 in Vancouver

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The usual good bad and ugly but job done. 

David ?

This defence scares me shitless. I'd expect pierre is less likely to be as reckless and cavalier in committing to tackle and losing his man which happened in equal measure to some awesomeness too. 

We still looked awkward and safety first in the first half and certainly could have gone after the game and scored nearer double. We coasted and were sloppy in possession even unfocused too much which is dangerous. I can give them an out as there was some nice play but if that is what we do regularly that becomes habit and more importantly the default when we are in games where things dont go to plan. Albeit you would think we would be completely different against better opposition. 

Overall I'd hope herdman is unhappy about lots but deserves credit with the players for getting it done. 

Bring on the summer. 

24 minutes ago, toontownman said:

The usual good bad and ugly but job done. 

David ?

This defence scares me shitless. I'd expect pierre is less likely to be as reckless and cavalier in committing to tackle and losing his man which happened in equal measure to some awesomeness too. 

We still looked awkward and safety first in the first half and certainly could have gone after the game and scored nearer double. We coasted and were sloppy in possession even unfocused too much which is dangerous. I can give them an out as there was some nice play but if that is what we do regularly that becomes habit and more importantly the default when we are in games where things dont go to plan. Albeit you would think we would be completely different against better opposition. 

Overall I'd hope herdman is unhappy about lots but deserves credit with the players for getting it done. 

Bring on the summer. 

Good points

Dunno best spot to put this but something I thought was really wasted was the lack of merchandise for sale.  There were 2 sport chek tents on the entire concourse and they only had $110 jersey from what i saw.  Would've loved to have picked some things up for the kids but there was a complete lack of selection of absolutely anything

5 minutes ago, smartlikefox said:

Dunno best spot to put this but something I thought was really wasted was the lack of merchandise for sale.  There were 2 sport chek tents on the entire concourse and they only had $110 jersey from what i saw.  Would've loved to have picked some things up for the kids but there was a complete lack of selection of absolutely anything

Yeah it was terrible. 

David and Cavallini were beasts. I was disappointed with Piette. A lot of wayward passes and he botched the pass  back that led to the goal. He also held the ball too long and often just didn’t seem in sync.

I would say it felt like watching a team that had not played often together, which they haven’t. Some great individual efforts but as a team it lacked cohesion. You can see there are some great moments but often there were some real gaps in the play. 

Also, was it me or does it seem like everybody was hitting the deck very easily. Either the field was too slippery or there was a lot of hacking. 

My thoughts on the game:

Piette sucked, hopefully hes not starting if Arfield is healthy.

David is amazing, cant wait to see where he ends up next. 

I thought Henry was solid but they really need James at CB. 

Cavalinni is way ahead of Larin now. Larin needs to move to a club here he can actually play. 

Hoilet was really solid.

Osorio was very good.

I am guessing Godinho didn’t play because of the turf?

Turf sucks for soccer a few guys slipped. 

Teibert shouldn’t be on the field over Miller or Tabla. 

If Davies played today, what would have been the formation?  4-3-3 with Davies playing up front on the right and David dropping to CAM? Or David and Cav up front and Davies and Hoilett on the wings in a 3-5-2?  I can see why Gent is playing David as CAM becaus his play making is right up there with his scoring.

David just turned 19 back in January but his game is crazy mature. I'm starting to think Gent is going to get an offer for David similar to what Vancouver got for Davies.

11 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I don’t know enough about Gent and Belgian D1 but I think David could be playing in a lower level Bundsliga club

Gent is a decent Europa level team.  Since becoming a regular starter for Gent back in January, David is probably one of the top 2 or 3 players for the team.

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

My thoughts on the game:

Piette sucked, hopefully hes not starting if Arfield is healthy.

David is amazing, cant wait to see where he ends up next. 

I thought Henry was solid but they really need James at CB. 

Cavalinni is way ahead of Larin now. Larin needs to move to a club here he can actually play. 

Hoilet was really solid.

Osorio was very good.

I am guessing Godinho didn’t play because of the turf?

Turf sucks for soccer a few guys slipped. 

Teibert shouldn’t be on the field over Miller or Tabla. 

Was at the game. Agree with all this. And...

Brault-Guillard could develop into a better than average RB - nice touches, good positioning.

David was excellent. Kaye was mostly excellent. 

16 minutes ago, Northvansteve said:

Was at the game. Agree with all this. And...

Brault-Guillard could develop into a better than average RB - nice touches, good positioning.

David was excellent. Kaye was mostly excellent. 

I like Kaye at left back. I can't believe TFC let him go. 

Archived