Canada vs French Guiana Sunday March 24th 2019 in Vancouver

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jpg75 said:

VanCityMadrista:

"Wait, Benito Floro is not coaching the team anymore!? I want the money back"

Fun story. My youngster's name is Bennett. When he was a year or so old he, my wife and I traveled to Spain and hung out for a couple weeks at a friend's place in Malaga. While there the boy assume his Spanish alter ego: El Benito. He liked to play with a certain toy bus and really liked to 'park' it. The comparison was just too easy. Two years on and the nickname persists. Fortunately Floro's tenure doesn't.

They're worried about the cold. 

12 players are playing in Europe.

Also, noting that their #1 GK is suspended and their backup at the Gold Cup stayed at his club in France. So they'll start with a local goalkeeper

They mention it's hard about some players of the players who play in the 3rd and 4th division and the clubs can just say no. (Also, remember since FG is not a FIFA member, they don't have a saying.)

Players to look for: Yoann Salmier, Josué Albert at the back who play in Ligue 2 and Kevin Rimane.

14 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

They're worried about the cold. 

12 players are playing in Europe.

Also, noting that their #1 GK is suspended and their backup at the Gold Cup stayed at his club in France. So they'll start with a local goalkeeper

They mention it's hard about some players of the players who play in the 3rd and 4th division and the clubs can just say no. (Also, remember since FG is not a FIFA member, they don't have a saying.)

Players to look for: Yoann Salmier, Josué Albert at the back who play in Ligue 2 and Kevin Rimane.

I also heard that the local players from FG had to fly to Paris to get to Vancouver.  They should have plenty of time to recover.

41 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I also heard that the local players from FG had to fly to Paris to get to Vancouver.  They should have plenty of time to recover.

Do you have any idea why? I mean I understand if there’s no direct flight from French Guiana but surely it would be faster to fly to a south/central American country and then to Vancouver.

Just now, SkuseisLoose said:

Do you have any idea why? I mean I understand if there’s no direct flight from French Guiana but surely it would be faster to fly to a south/central American country and then to Vancouver.

Part of it is meeting the players abroad. But Paris was the only one that could leave  on Sunday.

Pier Luigi Collina isn't officiating the match? I want my money back.

Paul Stalteri isn't going to be on the bench throwing water-bottles at the Ref? I want my money back.

No chance of Garret Kusch charging on the field to tackle one of these dumb-ass fans who bought a ticket for the supporters section and then wants to cancel because their support is contingent upon one player being healthy? I want my money back.

Tickets going out tomorrow. 

For some reason the tickets I got this time from Ticketmaster were a mess.   Took like 6 hours to clean up all the files and double check them all.  Instead of by section, there were 15 separate files with the tickets all messed up in each one.  Different sections, hi & low different rows....  made no sense.

I'm only going Sunday if McKenna promises not to give up at halftime (again).

Also, any word of practice days/times/locations? I'd love to take my elementary-aged boys to see the stars up close, and Saturday night is probably out of the realm of reasonable from the point of view of the missus.

11 hours ago, admin said:

No, but not newbies either.  People who regularly buy tickets.

Probably just a hissy fit and they will go anyway. 

Only 2 of the tickets were unpaid, and they are categorically not going.  Good luck getting tickets from me again. 

I think I found the appropriate use of that gif:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c91c7f74e30464636

11 hours ago, nolando said:

I'm only going Sunday if McKenna promises not to give up at halftime (again).

Also, any word of practice days/times/locations? I'd love to take my elementary-aged boys to see the stars up close, and Saturday night is probably out of the realm of reasonable from the point of view of the missus.

Amazing.

I just tried to find a copy of the interview online and I can't. I can't even find the text. 

That has to be found and kept as part of our collective supporter history. 

Ill take a stab at the starting lineup

Borjan

Godinho Henry Cornelius Adekugbe 

Piette Hutchinson

Hoilett David Tabla 

Cavallini

If we need a goal, Osorio in for Hutch. If we have a lead, MAK in for Hutch. Millar in for Hoilett around 75min. Maybe ZEB in for Godinho. Maybe Larin for Cavallini 

34 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Ill take a stab at the starting lineup

Borjan

Godinho Henry Cornelius Adekugbe 

Piette Hutchinson

Hoilett David Tabla 

Cavallini

If we need a goal, Osorio in for Hutch. If we have a lead, MAK in for Hutch. Millar in for Hoilett around 75min. Maybe ZEB in for Godinho. Maybe Larin for Cavallini 

Looks good. Maybe Hoilett on the left and Tabla on the right. If we need a goal, Osorio in for Piette.

Hoilett on the right Millar on the left??!! ?

not sure why u would put Tabla above Millar(I’m not biased at all) Ballou has made  1 appearance as a sub since his loan move... Liam hasn’t had much more but has had 6 appearances including  a goal and a game in front of 49000 hostile fans at Ibrox 

not sure if u rate the team/league the Tabla is higher than the spfl... 

anyways it was a year ago this week that Liam was motm vs New Zealand in Spain again not sure if you think FG is better than NZ...

hoping he starts... 

ive said too much again...

probably delete it soon after lol 

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Amazing.

I just tried to find a copy of the interview online and I can't. I can't even find the text. 

That has to be found and kept as part of our collective supporter history. 

Went into my recording of that game and I apparently didn't keep the halftime interviews. But I did get to watch some of my recording of that game for the first time in seven years. Remember how the broadcast of the second half started in the middle of play and then Honduras scored within 40 seconds? hahahahahaha

Archived