Canada vs French Guiana Sunday March 24th 2019 in Vancouver

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, admin said:

EDIT: So far this only represents 8 tickets on four orders, but it still pisses me off. 

I can't believe it's as high at 8 tickets, given that they are going through you for what presumably was a "supporters" section. Totally ridiculous. I can understand someone on the fence about going deciding not to buy tickets after all, but cancelling their tickets because of one player not being able to make it? I don't blame you for being pissed.

3 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I can't believe it's as high at 8 tickets, given that they are going through you for what presumably was a "supporters" section. Totally ridiculous. I can understand someone on the fence about going deciding not to buy tickets after all, but cancelling their tickets because of one player not being able to make it? I don't blame you for being pissed.

I suspect 6 of them are actually going to go.  Just being pissy/disappointed over Davies. 

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly, it is a fucking joke that people would not go (or stomp their feet and pretend to not go) because he isn't there.  I would love to go, but travel from PEI just isn't in the cards.  Someone local?  Get your ass to the stadium. 

I don't know how much of this is about Davies. 

After the roster was announced with him on it, our sales were still flat lined.  

I think there is also some back history wrt to teams not releasing our players or players opting out because the team made them choose between playing for Canada or not having a job.  So some people are angry about that and see this a return to business as usual. 

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly, it is a fucking joke that people would not go (or stomp their feet and pretend to not go) because he isn't there.  I would love to go, but travel from PEI just isn't in the cards.  Someone local?  Get your ass to the stadium. 

Honestly, if people knew more about other players on the squad I don't think they'd be as angry about Davies not being there. 

17 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Honestly, if people knew more about other players on the squad I don't think they'd be as angry about Davies not being there. 

Sadly the reason those people don’t know a lot is because most of our players don’t play at a level like Phonzie.

He would have brought in many fence sitters who watch European soccer and have historically shyed away from the MLS and us in the past

1 hour ago, admin said:

I think it is the use of the word 'admitted' 

Or rather 'admitted to...'  like it was a bad thing in those circles to be a fan of soccer. 

Ok. Got it. I didnt mean it that way. Its just even the hockey guys jump in to the soccer conversation and can hold their own. Ray Ferraro even got in to an in depth formation conversation about MDS tactics and admitted he learned it from playing so much Fifa with his kids. Anyways, decent media coverage arou d town. Can always be better. Excitedfor Sunday even without Phonzie

11 minutes ago, Dan jillings said:

I missed the deadline to buy tickets to the game is it still possible to get four tickets in the supporters section

I hear there might be a couple available, you know Davies isn't going to be there, right? ?

Disappointed Davies won't be there--and Arfield--but I am excited to see this game. I will be there with 5 others.

It is too sunny and warm here all of a sudden. The casual fans will be too distracted by the spring weather to buy tickets. They will be flexing and maxing at Kitts beach like the wankers they are!)

39 minutes ago, Dan jillings said:

I missed the deadline to buy tickets to the game is it still possible to get four tickets in the supporters section

Message me. 

Let me know what you need. I'll get it sorted out for you.

JM

I toyed with idea of taking all of these and other messages and making a memorial slideshow for all the fans that will be missed on Sunday...  

Rando  Human sent me these.

Here is an idea.   We have a player, his name is Atiba Hutchinson and the fans of his European club want to build him a f!^&&*ing statue.   Take your 50 kids to see him.

52459025_389523561625878_124997184834764800_n.jpg54516219_1017631875111641_7844790901816688640_n.jpg55525899_2254804314576431_5903770798501396480_n.jpg54433765_637273253402608_694002702841020

21 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I’m sure most people know already but its going to be on TSN 2 at 6pm est

3FF80196-F67A-4FD0-B873-F2A373C2BD23.jpeg

My guide shows Tennis on instead, I thought it wasn’t going to be televised and was pissed. I assume it’s an error/still needs needs to be updated?

2 minutes ago, Bdog said:

My guide shows Tennis on instead, I thought it wasn’t going to be televised and was pissed. I assume it’s an error/still needs needs to be updated?

??? the graphic you posted shows the game at 6pm

Archived