Impact 2018

Blackdude

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a good player and would be a good signing but it is also a typical Montreal Impact team management move: team sucks and has many problems so pay big bucks for a good striker to try and get a quick fix and hide the real problems because you are too incompetent to analyze and solve the problems.

On 7/1/2018 at 10:29 AM, Keegan said:

How did Shome look?

Played decent, didn't do anything to stand out but didn't make any glaring mistakes either. He made a few late runs into the box which gave him a couple of good scoring chances.

Piatti shows why he's the best Impact player ever. While there are plenty of morons removing their jerseys and taking yellow cards he demonstrates what putting his team's needs ahead of personal glory. On Saturday he handed to a team mate the chance to score a penalty in an effect to give a player a chance to score. This was brilliant as Silva did the job and sealed victory for the team. This was not the first time he has done this. What a wonderful example of a player keeping the focus on winning as a team. 

Many here (including me) were very critical but Lagarde has managed to turn it around, which is a hard thing to do in sports. Have to respect that. Their defense right now is so much better than before and of course letting Piatti play his position helps as well. Great to see Shome getting minutes too. 

It is a relief to see the Impact rise up. They needed to beat up on Colorado and Orlando who are just terrible. It remains to be seen if they can get to .500. The rest of this month will reveal if this team can evolve into a top performer. The transfer market opens soon and could bring some depth and knocking Vancouver out of the Voyageur Cup competition are a must for me. 

I was wondering why Colorado brought in Howard and pay him 2.5 million, to me that was a pretty dumb ass move. Last night the Rapids were pretty pathetic and that money should have been allocated elsewhere. 

Piatti hasn't been the strongest player on the team in recent weeks. I think you see Silva and Taïder playing to what was expected from them. Now, you have Fanni leading the backline who has been strong when healthy and will stay for the full season. Camacho has gotten some good matches in now after a slow start even though he missed the last match through injury. I think it was expected that the team would struggle at the start because it's a new league and they have to adapt to it, coaching staff and players. Garde might understand more about the league and even a player like Ken Krolicki who has been the whipping boy of Impact fans is learning a lot in his rookie year.  

14 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Piatti hasn't been the strongest player on the team in recent weeks............

I have no idea why you say this as scored ALL of the Impact goals since June 13 before the Colorado game with exception to the Silva PK which he allowed Silva to take. 

5 hours ago, mtlfan said:

I have no idea why you say this as scored ALL of the Impact goals since June 13 before the Colorado game with exception to the Silva PK which he allowed Silva to take. 

I did want to say that the Impact was just not all Piatti. It's just not all about him now. The team plays better as a unit so it's not a one-man show. 

10 hours ago, mtlfan said:

If anyone in Spain ever asked me what MLS player could play in top flight, he'd be the first I'd name. Then the Atlanta strikers, for their youth. For me he is the single most important player on any MLS team, or however you are supposed to say it: he's the MLS player who has most determining influence on his team.

25 minutes ago, Soccerpro said:

Impact down 3-0 in second half.

Canadian players not having very good nights. Not taking advantage of this opportunity to impress the manager.

The entire team did not have a good night, including the manager. Never looks good when you make a double substitution with the score tied in the middle of the 2nd half and then 5 minutes after the subs your team is down 2-0 with no offence on the field to mount a comeback.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

How did Shome and Choiniere look??  

I have only seen first half and Shome made some bad plays with bad passes and missing a glorious chance from 12 yards out putting ball over crossbar. 

Looks like Jimmy Briand is joining the Impact. Guingamp confirmed the move. The big question is how they'll make the move that will allow them to play Briand. Since the Impact don't have an international slot. I think Cabrera, Vargas and Mancosu are the most likely to make way. 

Archived