Impact 2018

Blackdude

Not sure why Petrasso was given a yellow on that play with Imbrahimovic but there was something amusing about the way he cuffed Petrasso across the side of the head with a “watch where the fuck you are stepping you clumsy dolt” reaction on his face.

Montreal look like a team without a coach IMO.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Garde does not know what he is doing. 

They look like a rudderless ship especially offensively, very predictable in attack which of course makes it easier to defend against! There were so many instances today where the wrong ball was played, there doesn't seem to be a great amount of team concept amongst the players, you could see many occasions where the players were throwing their arms in the air when they didn't receive the pass, Edwards made several good runs that weren't picked out or the pass was poor! 

16 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Garde does not know what he is doing. 

It’s translating to the players too - it seemed late in the second that Vargas, Taider and Krolicki didn’t know what to do because they were all playing the same position. And what a waste of Piatti...

Saputo told press after the game that Piatti might be sold in order to pay for 2-3 players that cost $1-2 million each, indicated that changes are in the works that supports will not like, and answered "many" when asked if players will be brought in during the summer. 

21 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Saputo told press after the game that Piatti might be sold in order to pay for 2-3 players that cost $1-2 million each, indicated that changes are in the works that supports will not like, and answered "many" when asked if players will be brought in during the summer. 

Saputo didn't say that. It's Filosa twisting Saputo's words. And it's not the first time he has done that.  Unless he said that off the record, but if he did say it off the record, I highly doubt that Filosa would have gone with that. 

He did say that nobody's untouchable and that they will be making changes that not everyone will like. He said that they have underestimated the league. He's said that if he gets a good offer for Piatti, he would listen to it.  And he's wondering if it's better to pay 3 players who make 2m or 1 who makes 6m. Saputo says he can't spend as much as he does right now. He wants to send a competive team, and he's wondering what he will do with this. 

I also think that Saputo is delusional in saying the Impact has a better team than the Union and LA (I think he means the Galaxy ) 

If you want to listen to it in French 

http://www.985fm.ca/sports (It should be in the plus écoutés section) 

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Not sure why Petrasso was given a yellow on that play with Imbrahimovic but there was something amusing about the way he cuffed Petrasso across the side of the head with a “watch where the fuck you are stepping you clumsy dolt” reaction on his face.

Montreal look like a team without a coach IMO.

“I’m freakin ZLATAN who the hell are you!?”

36 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

He said that they have underestimated the league. He's said that if he gets a good offer for Piatti, he would listen to it.  And he's wondering if it's better to pay 3 players who make 2m or 1 who makes 6m. Saputo says he can't spend as much as he does right now. He wants to send a competive team, and he's wondering what he will do with this. 

Knowing that the Caps are trending the same direction, whether by need or not, I wonder if this trend towards bigger and bigger loopholes for the big spending owners (the type of spending that some owners are balking at) could eventually drive Montreal and Vancouver towards the domestic league, assuming it starts off on the right foot.

2 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Yeah I listened to that clip. Saputo has gone mad and really needs to stop listening to Nick De Santis. Getting rid of the only productive player is not the way to go. They should be thinking what in the blue hell they will do when he leaves the club in 2019. I can’t believe Saputo is proud to admit the impact are 6th in spending - fml is Nick on Mancosu Oduro and Silva’s payroll???

God it’s stupid comments like getting rid of Piatti that explain why this club is in shambles. They just have no clue. They need to get rid of the dead wood in the front office and hire someone that actually knows what they’re doing. 

Seriously I know Remi has not enough talent but sooooo what: you can’t just play the same players 1 you’ll burn guys out 2 you’ll make other players feel like they are not part of the project. Seriously horrible coaching and tactics. Putting Piatti up front is a bloody waste of his ability - he’s not a striker. It was painful to see they had nobody up front and he only put Jackson in at the end. He has not impressed me.

Here’s the clip

http://www.985fm.ca/extraits-audios/sports/112512/impact-vs-galaxy-la-entrevue-dapres-match-avec-joey-saputo-proprietaire-de-limpact

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Saputo didn't say that. It's Filosa twisting Saputo's words. And it's not the first time he has done that.  Unless he said that off the record, but if he did say it off the record, I highly doubt that Filosa would have gone with that. 

He did say that nobody's untouchable and that they will be making changes that not everyone will like. He said that they have underestimated the league. He's said that if he gets a good offer for Piatti, he would listen to it.  And he's wondering if it's better to pay 3 players who make 2m or 1 who makes 6m. Saputo says he can't spend as much as he does right now. He wants to send a competive team, and he's wondering what he will do with this. 

I also think that Saputo is delusional in saying the Impact has a better team than the Union and LA (I think he means the Galaxy ) 

He did say nobody is untouchable and again he mentioned Piatti on several occasions, mentioning actually he was not paid $400,000 when he arrived but in the millions and that he earns $6 million now. And then he said he’d have to think whether it’s a good move to rather have a few players instead of one player (Piatti obviously) for $6 million. Seriously if they let Piatti go I’m done w these morons. Freakin clueless nepotists. 

If he didn’t say it or mean it that should’ve been the first words out of his mouth. “Piatti is not going anywhere!” But rather he says they’re going to make a move that won’t make fans happy.Now who might he be referring to??? Dominic Oduro? Mancosu? Michael steps on lions foot Petrasso??? Yeah I’m sure people will miss those guys! It’s obviously Nacho.  Yeah that’s a freakin smart idea! Piss off your fans even more genius!

56 minutes ago, nolando said:

Knowing that the Caps are trending the same direction, whether by need or not, I wonder if this trend towards bigger and bigger loopholes for the big spending owners (the type of spending that some owners are balking at) could eventually drive Montreal and Vancouver towards the domestic league, assuming it starts off on the right foot.

The only way Joey Saputo and his boy NDS can run a competitive team is if his budget is way bigger than the other teams so that may well happen. There were only two times we were successful in MLS, the first year when Marsh was given some freedom because we were new to the league before refusing to accept the interference of Joey/NDS and being fired. The other was the 2nd year of Klopas when he was allowed to run the team because NDS had screwed up so badly and did a good job of bringing in players and played a not attractive but effective defensive system (as opposed to our usual not attractive and not effective defensive system). Biello basically took over Klopas' team and had some initial success because he was more likeable and popular but once it became time to make his own decisions he was either incapable or NDS was doing them for him. 

The problem with the Impact is neither Joey nor NDS are capable of self reflection and seeing the problem is not the players, the coaches or anyone else, it is themselves.

5 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

It’s translating to the players too - it seemed late in the second that Vargas, Taider and Krolicki didn’t know what to do because they were all playing the same position. And what a waste of Piatti...

This! How can Krolicki be better than Some is beyond me...Man did he suck. And that Džemaili - Taider trade really didn't pan out as well (I know they are very different payers but that is actually the point). 

3 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

3 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Filosa is not twisting Joey`s words, it is precisely what Joey says, I don`t even think you can say he implies it because he talks so much about Piatti and his salary and no one is untouchable while talking about Piatti that it is basically what he is saying. 

Why is he talking about Piatti like he is the problem? He is our best player and it is not his fault that our idiot coach did not watch or did watch and did not understand games from previous seasons that show Piatti is not a centre forward and also can't seem to learn the same when watching how poor Piatti is this year every time he plays him there. Plus the problem isn't the money we are paying Piatti, it is the money we are paying to all the other players who are playing poorly because our scouting is terrible and also recruits too many people for one position and not to play the position we actually need. If we get rid of Piatti and replace him with 3 guys at 2 million they will probably all be duds with our current scouting and team management just like we did not adequately replace Ciman or Dzemaili. Also I am sure it is really motivating for Piatti as our team's best player and one of the few who gives an effort every game to hear the team owner talk about trading him. 

Joey is saying we are 6th in salary in the league and low in both season tickets and average ticket price but that is because he does not run the team properly and we are a terrible team that loses to another terrible team at home with 10 men. If he had proper soccer professionals running the club he could lower the team budget and still have a much better team like most of the other teams in the league.

The biggest problem with this interview is it shows we have an interfering oligarch owner. What other owner in the league goes on media shows and talks about what player moves we are thinking about making? In a properly run team it is the coach or GM who talks to the media like this, not the owner. Joey once told me personally that he doesn't interfere with how the team is run but this interview clearly shows that he does. This is why the Impact are so bad now and are constantly so bad with the odd blip when we give a decent coach some freedom for a year or two before the family cracks down and fires him.

I think the only hope is for them to bring back Dos Santos. I think his first spell at the Impact was a bit overrated and he was not ready at the time but he has done a lot of good things since. I think he is probably the only one I can think of who they could bring in who is a good enough coach and politician to get the needed things done with the current ownership. The only other alternative would be a big name coach (kind of like we were promised by Joey before he hired the inexperienced Garde) who could use his stature to stop ownership interference.

16 minutes ago, shamrock said:

This! How can Krolicki be better than Some is beyond me...Man did he suck. And that Džemaili - Taider trade really didn't pan out as well (I know they are very different payers but that is actually the point). 

If Garde is any sort of coach he needs to sit Taider. Whether Krolicki is ready to be a MLS starter is questionable but he was not too bad today and certainly was much better than Taider. It seems strange to say it and I do not know what the reasons are but despite having 162 Serie A appearances, Taider in his present form is not an MLS calibre player. He is often the worst player on the pitch for the Impact. One hopes he will improve and show something but if the team is going to be run properly players need to be held accountable for their performances and not played if they are not performing. How does a guy like that get outplayed by a rookie professional player chosen in the 3rd round of the MLS draft?

Silva was a bit better than last game but still below par from what we should be expecting from him. Petrasso like Edwards is a midfielder not a defender and should not be playing as a fullback though at the moment with Lovitz suspended we did not have another option. What a mess of an offseason we had, signing players to play in positions that are not their natural positions, not replacing leaving or traded players adequately, not signing players in positions of need while overloading in areas we are strong, etc. Also I wonder if all the injuries have to do with the training methods of Robert Duverne, the French fitness Hitler who is best remember as the guy the French national team revolted against at the 2010 World Cup. What a mess this team is.

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

What a mess of an offseason we had, signing players to play in positions that are not their natural positions, not replacing leaving or traded players adequately, not signing players in positions of need while overloading in areas we are strong, etc. 

It even looks like he does it on purpose. Raitala is a fullback, playing centre, Donadel, not a defender. Piatti: not a striker. Duvall is not a leftback, Taider not an attacking mid.

At this point, it's just surprising to see Bush in goal. 

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

At this point, it's just surprising to see Bush in goal. 

Bush is a decent keeper. He's not great but certainly not the  issue. The Impact have allowed 66 chances so far this season, aside from RSL no other team is over 50. That's on the defenders. 

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

Bush is a decent keeper. He's not great but certainly not the  issue. The Impact have allowed 66 chances so far this season, aside from RSL no other team is over 50. That's on the defenders. 

I think @shamrock was joking, as in every other player is playing out of position so why not try Bush at striker.

11 hours ago, Grizzly said:

The only way Joey Saputo and his boy NDS can run a competitive team is if his budget is way bigger than the other teams so that may well happen. There were only two times we were successful in MLS, the first year when Marsh was given some freedom because we were new to the league before refusing to accept the interference of Joey/NDS and being fired. The other was the 2nd year of Klopas when he was allowed to run the team because NDS had screwed up so badly and did a good job of bringing in players and played a not attractive but effective defensive system (as opposed to our usual not attractive and not effective defensive system). Biello basically took over Klopas' team and had some initial success because he was more likeable and popular but once it became time to make his own decisions he was either incapable or NDS was doing them for him. 

The problem with the Impact is neither Joey nor NDS are capable of self reflection and seeing the problem is not the players, the coaches or anyone else, it is themselves.

Replace those names with the Whitecaps FO and Lenarduzzi, and I see a pattern.

Archived