Impact 2018

Blackdude

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

I don't think I can say 3 defensive players had a decent game when the team allowed the most expected goals of an MLS team so far this season and had less than 40% possession. Even a man down that's bad given the level of competition. Piette had too many turnovers in the Montreal half.

I didn't say anything about a "decent game" though. Your comment suggested Bush was the only player not to have an excruciatingly bad performance and by default was the best or least worst player for the team on the night.  That is what I am disagreeing with. I don't give him many plaudits for saving a PK that was so poorly taken that any keeper at this level should have stopped, and he could or should have had two other goals on the night. As for the defence the way I look at it, Cabrera was responsible for the first goal, Cabrera and Raitala were responsible for the PK that should have been the second, Lovitz and Bush for the actual 2nd goal and Bush for the 4th. The third goal is maybe the only one where collectively the back line is to blame but you'll note that Bush's name still comes up in the above in my finger pointing summary more often than Fanni or Piette's does. 

1 hour ago, Moldy9 said:

On the replay it looked really worse than real time speed. Not to mention the loud scream as if he did break his leg. Fortunately for Caceido he was miraculously healed and able to play the entire match... cough. 

if you're suggesting that it wasn't a red card or that Caicedo was faking things, I don't think you are going to find too many people agreeing with you on that one.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

if you're suggesting that it wasn't a red card or that Caicedo was faking things, I don't think you are going to find too many people agreeing with you on that one.

I'm seeing that as a straight red, too, regardless of whether or not he was trying to pull off a fancy dribble.

If someone tackled me like that on a soccer field, I'd yell too.  It would then be one of those instances where you are lying on the ground wondering how you weren't severely injured after what just occurred.

It kind of looked like the Montreal player was trying to do the dribbling move where you step on the ball and spin away with a two touch, and then realized he had no idea how to do it.

It seemed to unintentional and the player may have milked it when on the ground but that was a red card. The penalty seemed more suspicious to me, Raitala was poorly positioned on the play and made some minimal contact and our favourite American noticed that and dove just like his teammate who passed him the ball did. A double dive on the same play. I can see how the ref bought it live but not after video review. Still with this performance even at 10 men there is no one to blame other than the players.

Sloppy game from the Impact, couldn't handle New York's high press and gave the ball away constantly. I'm not sure the 5-3-2 is the optimal formation for them; hopefully Garde can figure it out and the new guys start settling in and gelling. 

Pathetic is the only way to describe this effort by the Impact. When i saw Cabrera set up the first goal with that perfect pass to the Red Bull I said to myself it is going to be a long afternoon. The Audi index reflects how bad the performance was.

On the positive side Vargas's free kick goal was fantastic!

11 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

That would make more sense, and he is a few years younger than Torres.  I wonder which one has more life left in him?  

Probably Ben Arfa, but I'm not convinced the Impact compete in the East with either...the Impact are already over-preforming on expected goals. The issue seems to be the midfield. The Red Bulls are a good team, but 43% possession and 65% pass completion against them is unacceptable. Taider, Piette and Silva have underpreformed, I'm nowhere near sold on Krolicki, and Donadel doesn't have anything left.

Archived