Impact 2018

Blackdude

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Talk more about the season of the Bleu-Blanc-noir here. 

Anyways, Rod Fanni has been signed until June 30 of this year with an option up to the end of the year. He's 36 and is mostly there for a stop-gap. 

What's his best position?  CB or RB?

10 hours ago, badname22 said:

I wrote an article on the negatives of signing Rod Fanni can anyone critique it? 

https://mlshocker.wordpress.com/2018/03/07/why-montreal-impact-signing-rod-fanni-was-the-wrong-decision/

I think it's a lazy  blog post.  Here are 3 reasons why.

1) Why mention Drew Beckie at all?  A player who  probably won't even be available until when the  summer transfer window opens. I mean if you checked his gofundme you could have seen that they said that his virus takes 6-8 months to recover from a virus that he got in November.  So that means May -July and that's for recovery, we're not talking about fitness here)  And with a virus like that, how long would it take for him to get to his fitness to play soccer? 

2) Trafford is 6'2''. So he's not even tall enough according to you.

3) Fanni last played in May of 2017, not in March. You got the right club but for some reason you put the wrong month. 

6 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I think it's a lazy  blog post.  Here are 3 reasons why.

1) Why mention Drew Beckie at all?  A player who  probably won't even be available until when the  summer transfer window opens. I mean if you checked his gofundme you could have seen that they said that his virus takes 6-8 months to recover from a virus that he got in November.  So that means May -July and that's for recovery, we're not talking about fitness here)  And with a virus like that, how long would it take for him to get to his fitness to play soccer? 

2) Trafford is 6'2''. So he's not even tall enough according to you.

3) Fanni last played in May of 2017, not in March. You got the right club but for some reason you put the wrong month. 

Fair enough and thanks for the tips!

It looked like the Ghost and or Mr Chicken brought down the Crew player.  Shameful!!  Some guys see a leg stuck out and they leap in the air like trained dolphins.  Cant believe resident mumble mouth Caldwell agreed with a penalty call.  Usually the defender does nothing wrong in his eyes...oh right it was a CDN player.  WELL..then it must have been his fault.   Please dont put that ass on a plane to houston so he can mumble his way though Van game.   

1 hour ago, Dub Narcotic said:

I think Edwards would have got him if Krolicki didn't. Rough play all around. I wonder if Montreal should acquire Kriztian Nemeth from NER and add some more talent to the roster. He's apparently available and has a salary that can be bought down with TAM.

Well Montreal has open INT spots, but do they want Nemeth?  Isnt he on a ridiculous salary... 600000??  Tells you something when the REVS are looking to get rid of you.  AJH will be back..eventually. 

16 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

It looked like the Ghost and or Mr Chicken brought down the Crew player.  Shameful!!  Some guys see a leg stuck out and they leap in the air like trained dolphins.  Cant believe resident mumble mouth Caldwell agreed with a penalty call.  Usually the defender does nothing wrong in his eyes...oh right it was a CDN player.  WELL..then it must have been his fault.   Please dont put that ass on a plane to houston so he can mumble his way though Van game.   

Well Montreal has open INT spots, but do they want Nemeth?  Isnt he on a ridiculous salary... 600000??  Tells you something when the REVS are looking to get rid of you.  AJH will be back..eventually. 

Nemeth is a good player in his prime and NER was, and likely is, a complete mess where players do not succeed. 600k is a reasonable salary for someone whom can score in this league and already is acclimatized to MLS.

3 bonehead plays = 3 set plays =3 goals. 

The Impact again started on the back foot and they paid the price when Raitala hands the Crew an early lead and then Piatti commits a stupid foul and now they are down 2-0. Tadir looks awful in the first half as if he was overwhelmed by this decision to cross the Atlantic. Yet again Montreal doesn't surrender and charges forward in the second 45. However Kroliki makes a dumb ass play and its light out.

I have to say Piette was on his game, very encouraging. 

Next week with TFC in town the pressure will be on Tadir, Piette and Piatti to be in top form or else.

Archived