Impact 2018

Blackdude

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Grizzly said:

....... the worst coaching I have seen at the Impact since NDS was coach.

Ouch! That's pretty depressing when only NDS is worse than you. One tactic that is terrible is the pathetic attempts at short corners that fail miserably  Giving up a cross into the box for what?  That's on the coach to disallow players to try it as they have proven they are incompetent in that department. Another fail is having Duval in the line-up, again yesterday he stunk out the joint. 

5 hours ago, mtlfan said:

Another fail is having Duval in the line-up, again yesterday he stunk out the joint. 

The problem is that the only other right backs we have are Petrasso and Fanni. I am not convinced Petrasso is really a right back or will be able to convert to that position successfully. Fanni has switched between CB and RB throughout his career but unless we massively upgrade our CBs we need him there. I think both Duvall and Lovitz are decent MLS backups but neither should be starters at a MLS club when its players are all healthy. So at the moment Garde does not have much choice but to play Duval. That does not absolve him from blame though since his job should have been to evaluate the team during the off-season and upgrade players where neede. It was pretty clear the defence need upgrading in every position and Garde's failure to do that is his own fault even if he is just a yes man and Joey and Nick are still running everything.

On 6-5-2018 at 7:33 PM, mtlfan said:

Ouch! That's pretty depressing when only NDS is worse than you. One tactic that is terrible is the pathetic attempts at short corners that fail miserably  Giving up a cross into the box for what?  That's on the coach to disallow players to try it as they have proven they are incompetent in that department. Another fail is having Duval in the line-up, again yesterday he stunk out the joint. 

Why on earth anyone would use three (!) players for a corner is completely beyond me. That's two men who could be in the box! 

Intuitively it makes sense to just whip it into the box and hope someone gets on the end of it. However, I think I remember reading a while back about some analytics/data behind the short corner. Taking a short corner allows a team to maintain possession thus denying the opposing team the opportunity for a quick counter/break-out. I have no idea what the data shows in terms of success rates between the two approaches but certainly Garde is not the only coach who employs the short corner so there must be some logic to it..

36 minutes ago, Kurt-MTL said:

Intuitively it makes sense to just whip it into the box and hope someone gets on the end of it. However, I think I remember reading a while back about some analytics/data behind the short corner. Taking a short corner allows a team to maintain possession thus denying the opposing team the opportunity for a quick counter/break-out. I have no idea what the data shows in terms of success rates between the two approaches but certainly Garde is not the only coach who employs the short corner so there must be some logic to it..

Garde is a more experienced coach than anyone on this site, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Benito Floro used the short corner when he first took over. Didn't work either.

Just out of curiosity, does Garde also have his defenders camped on top of the keeper at the edge of the six yard box when defending long, diagonal free kicks?

7 hours ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

Garde is a more experienced coach than anyone on this site, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

This is no argument at all. There are thousands of professional coaches in the world good or bad and almost all have more coaching experience than anyone on this site. You argument is using qualifications to ignore performance and achievement. Also Garde is relatively inexperienced by professional coaching standards. And he had a very poor off season of signings and a very poor failing grade first couple of months of coaching the Impact in my opinion and was just shown up by two of the players he should have been playing all season. I have nothing against him and hopefully he has turned the page and will start fielding better lineups, more sensible tactics and do a better job of signing players in the future but up to now he has been a huge, huge disappointment. 

Montreal lose 1-0 away to Chicago, although they were badly outplayed and could have lost by many more.

Montreal are a very bad team right now. Why pay Taider as a DP? How does he earn that salary?  The Impact still can't keep a clean sheet for the life of them.

12 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Watching Silva today, I think NDS is finding more talent in the strip bars of Argentina than he is on the soccer pitches.

Definitely a leading candidate for worst player on the team. It must be depressing for other players seeing him on the pitch.

On 2018-05-10 at 8:28 AM, Soccerpro said:

Montreal lose 1-0 away to Chicago, although they were badly outplayed and could have lost by many more.

Montreal are a very bad team right now. Why pay Taider as a DP? How does he earn that salary?  The Impact still can't keep a clean sheet for the life of them.

Did you watch the Chicago game? I’ll agre they are constantly on the losing end of possession they can’t hold the ball if their life depended on it. It’s like watching a nervous high school kid fumble with a first date and is too excited. 

As for the game Vs Chicago they didn’t deserve to lose that one. Actually they deserved a draw and were very close to going home w 3 points. I wouldn’t say they were dominated at all. Nicolic and Schweinstager were pretty dormant. The winning goal ricocheted off Piette’s arm late in the game. They actually had chances to score and Piatti and co were just not sharp that night.

Now the game yesterday, at home, was a bigger debacle. Up an extra man and down a goal to the worst away team - they showed no heart and were awful. 

3 hours ago, mtlfan said:

Definitely a leading candidate for worst player on the team. It must be depressing for other players seeing him on the pitch.

FML. Do I recall hearing De S’enCris signing him for like 800,000 for 4x years???

Grizz this ain’t the first time you mention him at strip joints in Argentina- is that a joke or an actual thing. 

I haven't watched much of the Impact this season, but Lovitz was horrific in their latest match. One bad pass or give away after another. As for his red card, sometimes you do have to foul an attacker but he did it in a rather awkward way. It was an odd bounce of the ball but it was almost a relief to see him gone.

I really diseagree about Silva, he hasnt been bad out there at all, a lot of quality in his play and service. It's also worth noting that he's been shifted around positions of need since joining, (he's played cm, rb, and rw in just a few games) with many of those games having red cards, not the ideal way to settle in. The problem is that some fans and the mtl dumb ass soccer pundits, without knowing much about him, practically hailed him as a new Piatti when his profile is quite different.

The real deception on the field is Taider. He just sucks, looses all his duels, no vision going forward, always keeps the ball too long, especially if Piatti is not open for a pass. Gona be a long season if he doesnt get his shit together.

And yeah, the fullbacks all suck.

Archived