Impact 2018

Blackdude

Looks like the Impact  will sign another CB with Rudy Camacho from Waasland-Beveren. (From what has been said by Garde, Fanni was signed because of the injury to Fisher, not of Diallo.) 

He's supposed to arrive tomorrow. He was a regular starter there for the past 2 years and was left out of the 18 in their match today. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who writes the Impact game summary press releases? The Columbus match one claims the Impact dominated the first 10 minutes of the game. Really?

I get that they want these releases to sound positive but there was enough positive in yesterday’s game without resorting to incorporating works of fiction.

19 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Who writes the Impact game summary press releases? The Columbus match one claims the Impact dominated the first 10 minutes of the game. Really?

I get that they want these releases to sound positive but there was enough positive in yesterday’s game without resorting to incorporating works of fiction.

NDS and Adam lol, I never even bother to read them.

22 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Who reads this? I'llb e honest, I'd rather read impact soccer or even mlssoccer's own report than the Impact's report. 

51 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Who reads this? I'llb e honest, I'd rather read impact soccer or even mlssoccer's own report than the Impact's report. 

I am referring to impact soccer's report (I'm referring to the one on the Impact MLS website, for greater clarity). I'm assuming that the Impact's own website is putting up their own report, rather than one's written by the Canadian Press or whoever (if I"m wrong, feel free to correct me):

https://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2018/03/10/impact-erases-two-goal-deficit-loses-3-2-against-columbus-crew-sc

I was curious to see what Garde's comments were after the match, especially on the play leading to the winning goal and MLS soccer.com didn't have any, so I went to Impact website where I was greeted with a partly fictional game report, hence my question. The "press release" above doesn't list any author.

8 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I am referring to impact soccer's report (I'm referring to the one on the Impact MLS website, for greater clarity). I'm assuming that the Impact's own website is putting up their own report, rather than one's written by the Canadian Press or whoever (if I"m wrong, feel free to correct me):

https://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2018/03/10/impact-erases-two-goal-deficit-loses-3-2-against-columbus-crew-sc

I was curious to see what Garde's comments were after the match, especially on the play leading to the winning goal and MLS soccer.com didn't have any, so I went to Impact website where I was greeted with a partly fictional game report, hence my question. The "press release" above doesn't list any author.

That's not impact soccer.

7 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

That's not impact soccer.

Thanks - I've googled that name and eventually found the discussion board that I think you are referring to. Don't have time to check it out now but in future I'll see if they have better & accessible post-match reports.

On 2018-03-11 at 11:07 AM, Gian-Luca said:

They were dominating the opening minutes of the game. They could’ve opened the score by Vargas that hit the crossbar but were setback by a bonehead play in the box by Raitala that gave away the momentum. The second Columbus goal was also an unfortunate flick by Piette onto the crossbar w Higuain being Johnny on the spot. 

IMFC could’ve had other goals w Edwards having an empty net but shot wide, Taïder scoffing a shot, Mancosu missing a chance and Cabrera header saved.

Columbus didn’t beat IMFC. IMFC beat IMFC w their mistakes, giving 2 PKs. 

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I giggled like a schoolboy when I read that.  Le Anus...HEHEHEHE!!  

Well that was just a little tongue and cheek... and a little bit of butt crack too I suppose. The funny thing was TVA’s Nicolas Martineau on his Report not pronouncing it that way it should’ve because if he did, it would’ve sounded like the French word for “the anus”. Instead he pronounced in an English speaking way as to get by sensors I suppose. ;) 

http://www.tvasports.ca/2018/03/12/alejandro-silva-avec-limpact

FAF7164D-FC61-4AB1-BA7D-339457C11607.jpeg

On 2018-03-12 at 11:09 AM, Gian-Luca said:

Thanks - I've googled that name and eventually found the discussion board that I think you are referring to. Don't have time to check it out now but in future I'll see if they have better & accessible post-match reports.

Ok just going w your theme Gianluca nothing personal.

Just wondering why TSN commentators and highlight hosts were saying it was a victory and a win for TFC when they actually didn’t win, they lost 2-3 and advanced 4-4 on aggregate. Also they said Tigres home unbeaten streak is no more - ahhh Tigres won the game, so that streak is still in tact. TSN is a super hype train for all sports Toronto.

Although an Impact fan I’m happy to see TFC go through and face the dreaded America, which should be a good show, it’s not a secret TSN panders to them and sugarcoats it hard as was the case when TFC and IMFC go at it on Derby day or playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Moldy9 said:

Just wondering why TSN commentators and highlight hosts were saying it was a victory and a win for TFC when they actually didn’t win, they lost 2-3 and advanced 4-4 on aggregate. Also they said Tigres home unbeaten streak is no more - ahhh Tigres won the game, so that streak is still in tact. TSN is a super hype train for all sports Toronto.

I assume its because the highlight hosts don't know what they are talking about and aren't used to discussing two-legged results. I said the same thing to my tv set last night when they made the comments, but the nature of television being a one-way form of communication, the  hosts didn't hear me.

But I don't see how this means that the Impact "dominated" because they got a shot off the cross bar in the first 10 minutes when Columbus also had a lot of dangerous attacks in the same period that had my heart in my mouth over since I was cheering for the Impact to win that game for a number of reasons. TSN highlight show hosts being no better than whoever wrote the Impact article in terms of cheerleading doesn't make either right and makes them both look silly.

2 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Although an Impact fan I’m happy to see TFC go through and face the dreaded America, which should be a good show, it’s not a secret TSN panders to them and sugarcoats it hard as was the case when TFC and IMFC go at it on Derby day or playoffs. 

There you go Moldy, the darby is coming...you got the nice feelings out of your system and you've switched gears.  Get those juices flowing so you can cheer hard for Impact to beat TFC.   :D :D

I know this is an IMPACT post, but that game against tigres last night made me sweat the way the games Montreal played in CCL a few years back did.  Just great being part of meaningful matches.  And finally seeing giovinco play against teams more or less closer to his calibre.  You could see the mutual respect.  I'm all for TFC in CCL, but not this weekend.

23 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I assume its because the highlight hosts don't know what they are talking about and aren't used to discussing two-legged results. I said the same thing to my tv set last night when they made the comments, but the nature of television being a one-way form of communication, the  hosts didn't hear me.

But I don't see how this means that the Impact "dominated" because they got a shot off the cross bar in the first 10 minutes when Columbus also had a lot of dangerous attacks in the same period that had my heart in my mouth over since I was cheering for the Impact to win that game for a number of reasons. TSN highlight show hosts being no better than whoever wrote the Impact article in terms of cheerleading doesn't make either right and makes them both look silly.

No doubt. Journalism and its rules have completely gone out the window. How many times do you read an online article and find spelling mistakes, or watch the 6pm local news or 11pm national news and say to yourself WTF? This isn’t news at all, and it is very bias!  Anyways just like everything now, these medias try to paint a pretty picture while sending subliminal messages advocating for one thing or another OR are trying to sell you on something. 

20 hours ago, Ruud said:

I know this is an IMPACT post, but that game against tigres last night made me sweat the way the games Montreal played in CCL a few years back did.  Just great being part of meaningful matches.  And finally seeing giovinco play against teams more or less closer to his calibre.  You could see the mutual respect.  I'm all for TFC in CCL, but not this weekend.

I was thinking the same thing wondering if TFC fans were feeling the heat like I was when watching Mtl in CCL. 

Yeah good to see TFC/ a Canadian side get some foreign exposure. And also players like Giovinco perform outside of their “sandbox”. 

I thought Piette had a massive game yesterday breaking up most TFC attacks, winning posession and following that up with a smart pass forward, he dominated Bradley for the most part and set up the goal with one of those challenges where he beat Bradley, it was great to watch as a Voyageur, not so much for TFC fans!:D Petrasso I thought had a solid match played a little further forward, he had some good battles with Morgan and Osorio who was quite pissed at him at one point and wouldn't accept an apologetic handshake, he also saved the match for the Impact with his brilliant goal line clearance! 

Yeah that was a close one but another exciting match in the record books. 

Petrasso saved their bacon. Impact need to finish their chances. They could’ve scored 4 or 5 but their finishing and timing were off. Guess same could be said for TFC w Altidore and Bradley’s missed opportunities.  Haglund sure made up for the earlier deflection saving two goals. 

It was a good game. The expected goals were actually in favour of TFC 1.5 - 1.3, they were lucky to not get at least a point, which is a good result for a team with such a huge travel burden this week. At some point, Vanney has to start rotating his strikers however. There was no way Altidore should have started after his marathon performance in Monterrey and probably Giovinco as well.

10 hours ago, gator said:

I thought Piette had a massive game yesterday breaking up most TFC attacks, winning posession and following that up with a smart pass forward, he dominated Bradley for the most part and set up the goal with one of those challenges where he beat Bradley, it was great to watch as a Voyageur, not so much for TFC fans!:D Petrasso I thought had a solid match played a little further forward, he had some good battles with Morgan and Osorio who was quite pissed at him at one point and wouldn't accept an apologetic handshake, he also saved the match for the Impact with his brilliant goal line clearance! 

Yeah he really bossed the midfield. Piette is a beast. Any team that plays the Impact is going to depart with some bruises compliments of  his bone crunching tackles. His passing has really improved and I noticed during the game  that Piatti and Taider look for him when they are in tight spots  for an outlet pass or to switch the play. Also agree that Petrasso looked a lot more comfortable and played a lot better than he did in his first game. Under Garde, I am confident   the young players are in good hands and will develop further as the season progresses.

Pretty sure all of you who watched the game witnessed the “pleasantries” exchanged between Vanney and his new rival counterpart Garde. According to TVA Sports during the talk Vanney cried and whined about how Garde and Co conducted themselves on the sidelines when complaining to the officials and such a thing is not common in France  

Give it a break Vanney you sore loser, you should talk and give lectures, given that your players are an extension of your mentality and are the worse when it comes to insubordinate behavior, crowding the refs, crying just to get a call. 

http://www.tvasports.ca/2018/03/20/le-toronto-fc-na-pas-aime-les-manieres-de-limpact

683D001F-A589-4F02-BA2D-BFC52380E44A.jpeg

Archived