Impact 2018

Blackdude

I did notice that Garde gave him the quintesential dismissive "eehh", pursed lips, tilted head, shrug of the shoulders while Vanney was trying to talk to him.  I almost spit my drink out as I used to get the same expression from my french canadian neighbors when I was a kid.  

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2018-03-22 at 1:54 PM, Blackdude said:

I'm kind of surprised that he's wearing #4. First time since 2003 that it will be worn. Looks like NDS has lost a lot of power in Montreal. 

If that’s true it’s about time. Only he has the right to #4? Oh brother. 

Manchester United scouts say the player at the GA Cup that most impressed them was Yannick Laurent (#42) captain of the Impact U17s.. impressive.

You can watch some games via the MLS youtube channel. He most reminds me of Higuain with Columbus - all over the park looking to move the other team around by his movements and touches. Though he played as an 8 in a midfield three, dare I say he could be the future number 10 we’ve been waiting for..?

Here’s the youtube link to the semis game against Seattle where the announcers mention Yannick being singled out by Manchester United during a scouting course they gave.

https://t.co/NY39j0FulC?amp=1

—-update below—-

Adding a followup MLS.com article where he’s mentioned as one of the top 5 of tournament:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/04/04/baer-5-names-you-should-know-after-2018-generation-adidas-cup

Impact now have beaten both teams from the 2017 MLS CUP Final with two clean sheets winning 1-0 with an ugly performance  in Seattle last night. 

Some very poor play from Taider perhaps suffering from jet lag having been overseas with his national team and Duval who was out of his element. 

Again Fanni was solid in the back along with Cabrera. 

On 2018-03-31 at 3:03 AM, Moldy9 said:

This “Joey” Altidore is a real dumb ass. Now that they have 1x League championship there is no rivalry??? Just recently they’ve met in the playoffs in ‘15,  ‘16 and the CC  

31E3C103-3B8D-4961-9991-7B9008BA2D0C.jpeg

As a TFC fan that’s embarrassing.. last I checked a rivalry was between two teams, not based on trophies and Montreal have thrown us our share of defeats - it must be close to even . 

4 hours ago, mtlfan said:

Impact now have beaten both teams from the 2017 MLS CUP Final with two clean sheets winning 1-0 with an ugly performance  in Seattle last night. 

Some very poor play from Taider perhaps suffering from jet lag having been overseas with his national team and Duval who was out of his element. 

Again Fanni was solid in the back along with Cabrera. 

I don't understand how Duval plays in MLS. He's not up to the level.

It's disappointing to see Krolicki start over Beland-Goyette but can't argue with it based on his performances. He makes some mistakes but the upside Garde sees in him is clear. 

It would be cool to see him called up to the Japanese national team over the U.S. I would much rather a young Japanese national getting minutes on our team than a young American. :lol:

9 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Bush is the only player on this team that shouldn't be embarrassed with their performance tonight.

Well he may have saved an extremely poorly taken PK that Fagundez was made to wait 6 minutes to take, but his effort on the 4th goal was nothing to write home about and he could also have done better on the second as well. I think a handful of Impact starters (Piette, Fanni, AJH, Silva) could be said to have had a bether night than Bush

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Well he may have saved an extremely poorly taken PK that Fagundez was made to wait 6 minutes to take, but his effort on the 4th goal was nothing to write home about and he could also have done better on the second as well. I think a handful of Impact starters (Piette, Fanni, AJH, Silva) could be said to have had a bether night than Bush

I don't think I can say 3 defensive players had a decent game when the team allowed the most expected goals of an MLS team so far this season and had less than 40% possession. Even a man down that's bad given the level of competition. Piette had too many turnovers in the Montreal half.

Archived