Toulon Tournament (2018)

Lou

Sorry, can't seem to link it, but the player is Alessandro Busti who is in the Juventus system. The Juventus FC Youth twitter account posted it yesterday, so seems like it is okay to post.  He has an Italian flag beside his name, and they do not mention that he is playing for Canada.

The training camp starts on May 22nd.

https://twitter.com/JuventusFCYouth/status/995711181074698240

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Fussball_eh said:

Yes, why isn't he? ;). Joking aside, good work figuring it out!

He was the one that made the most sense for sure, especially once I realized we weren't married to the main list. 

17 yo keeper, there's a lot of volatility there. But the pedigree doesn't come any better. 

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So this is an official tournament where we can cap tie ? Anyone know if he has played for Italy ?

No, these games are friendlies. I haven't seen any mention of him playing for Italy on multiple profiles so he can switch back and forth until he plays an official youth match.

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I find it hard to get excited about keeper prospects. Even ones in the Juventus system. 

I would like to know what's the typical path for a youth  keeper who's part of the Juventus system.

Thanks to GianLuigi Buffon, becoming the Juventus #1 hasn't been an option for the last 15 years or so. But are those keepers usually able to get a shot at pro football?

28 minutes ago, aloyol said:

I would like to know what's the typical path for a youth  keeper who's part of the Juventus system.

Thanks to GianLuigi Buffon, becoming the Juventus #1 hasn't been an option for the last 15 yiears or so. But are those keepers usually able to get a shot at pro football?

Prior to him was Peruzzi 91-99, and Tacconi 83-92. 3 goalies have played the bulk of games over 34 years.

43 minutes ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

I figured it would'be been Busti, still perplexes me why on the Twitter feed he's coming up with the Italian flag ??

Most of Italy doesn't even know that Canada has a team, so they probably don't even consider a Canadian call up a possibility and assume it must be for Italy.

30 minutes ago, badname22 said:

out of Busti and Breza, who should start? I still prefer Breza

Breza for sure. I’m curious who’s getting called.

you basically got 

Pantemis ( age 21, 97) Montreal Impact

Breza ( age 20, 97 ) SSD Potenza Calcio

Hasal ( age 19 , 99 ) Vancouver Whitecaps Res.

Desjardins ( 18 , 00) Spezia Primavera

Busti ( 17 , 00 ) Juventus Primavera

my pick would be Breza , Desjardins and Busti. Let the three pro Italian leagues goalies battle it out. 

Archived