Toulon Tournament (2018)

Lou

10 minutes ago, Toje said:

I was told directly by a family member and i was not sure if it was ok to say the name until the roster is released. It is a surprise which is why i thought it could be fun to speculate. I was not expecting to hear that the player was going to play for Canada.

When is the list going to be released?

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Toje said:

I was told directly by a family member and i was not sure if it was ok to say the name until the roster is released. It is a surprise which is why i thought it could be fun to speculate. I was not expecting to hear that the player was going to play for Canada.

Ok, i believe Jordan is from Ottawa so if he knows the kid is probably from Ottawa. Maybe that kid who went back to England 5 or 6 years ago with his grandpa to sign for Man Utd.?

29 minutes ago, Toje said:

OK, for fun I'm going to take this a different way from what everyone else has. I think it's a surprise, and he wasn't expected to play for Canada, not because he is a dual national that is good enough for a better soccer nation, but because he is just flat out not good enough to play for Canada. So I'm thinking it's some random teenager we haven't heard of before. Although he said the guy wasn't 100% unknown, so that screws things up. Darn. Um, maybe someone known for something that isn't soccer? An actor? Hockey player? Son of a celebrity?

10 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Ok, i believe Jordan is from Ottawa so if he knows the kid is probably from Ottawa. Maybe that kid who went back to England 5 or 6 years ago with his grandpa to sign for Man Utd.?

I don’t even remember who this is? Doughty?

32 minutes ago, jordan said:

I don’t even remember who this is? Doughty?

No of course not. The kid came to Canada when he was 4 or 5 and was scoring loads of goals in Ottawa youth league and went back to England with his grandpa. Pretty sure he was a 2000. Davis or something? Maybe i'm way off...

I'm getting the impression that this "surprise" is very "inside youth soccer"....to the point where 99% of people wouldn't even who it is outside of niche youth soccer circles.  How closely do you have to be following eastern european/canadian youth prospects to even know about this player?

I quickly looked through the Canadians Abroad spreadsheet (which is not necessarily complete) and searched for those born in 2000, and the only player that makes sense taking into consideration that:

1. The player is not in Eastern Europe; and

2. The player is not an unknown

seems to be Cammy Palmer.

2 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I quickly looked through the Canadians Abroad spreadsheet (which is not necessarily complete) and searched for those born in 2000, and the only player that makes sense taking into consideration that:

1. The player is not in Eastern Europe; and

2. The player is not an unknown

seems to be Cammy Palmer.

I can confirm that the player is on the sheet, and that he's not Cammy Palmer.

1 hour ago, Toje said:

Makes sense, totally understand.

Ok, so we have:

1. The player is not born in 97, 98, or 99;

2. Does not play in Eastern Europe or North America;

3. Is not on Zem's short list;

4. Is on the Canucks Abroad spreadsheet;

5. Is not Cammy Palmer; and

5. Is not an unknown.

There can't really be that many candidates left.

11 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Ok, so we have:

1. The player is not born in 97, 98, or 99;

2. Does not play in Eastern Europe or North America;

3. Is not on Zem's short list;

4. Is on the Canucks Abroad spreadsheet;

5. Is not Cammy Palmer; and

5. Is not an unknown.

There can't really be that many candidates left.

If the Canucks Abroad spreedsheet was sortable by DOB it would be fairly easy

Archived