General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

5 hours ago, RandomDude_555 said:

I felt that Canada should've been in the Hex and would've finished 3rd and qualify for 2018. Canada got screwed by FIFA rankings and ended up with a tough group. Imagine if Canada had the US's group instead. FIFA rankings are meaningless in reflecting real quality, but they are used for WC qualifications and tournament seeding. 

How did we get screwed by the rankings exactly? Do you think we would have made it over Guatamala? We can’t even beat Belize or El salvador B away

3 hours ago, canta15 said:

How did we get screwed by the rankings exactly? Do you think we would have made it over Guatamala? We can’t even beat Belize or El salvador B away

PLAN! we only play friendlies against countries ranked 190 or lower. 2 a window. All of those wins will add up enough to get us into the Top 50 somehow. Preferred 4th round WCQ entry and Premier League signings here we come bae bae

It might be the beer talking but I think this is the perfect plan.

C. Pulisic comment's on youth development...

Obviously he speaks mainly about the MLS/USA, but I feel due to closeness of USA/Canada that it also affects Canada. He has a very good point on this matter and it is something that I hope CPL will help push that much more with giving youths more game time. For example I felt that Davies at one point during the season was doing great, but got benched for Reyna I believe once back from injuries or something else. This has happened many times as well for other players like Bekker with Montreal, TFC, and more. Anyways Davies has played many games, but I feel that he should of have much more games in the totality of Vancouver entire season including playoff. CPL coming in 18 or 19 will help increase youth depth for all national teams. I would love to see CPL teams to give many minutes to the young and best players coming out of their academies again CPL should have academies set up from the start of league. I do believe if you're good enough you play does not matter, if player is 16, 17, 18, and the such they should play if better compared to older veteran players. That's is something that I think has made many fans frustrated with CMLS teams for signing Canadian youth players, but not giving them that chance to shine for team. Anyways CSA are pushing for something new and let see what is going to happen with CPL, CMLS, and youth teams overall. Canada will improve and will have to be patient as they grow....

"... It really does frustrate me, when I watch MLS, and I see our best U-17 players -- who, again, are so talented and so capable -- being rostered ... but then not being put on the field much to actually play. I watch that, and I just think about how I was given a chance ... a real chance ... and it changed my life. Why then are we seemingly hesitant to allow these other talents to blossom?"

Pulisic also insisted that his emergence on the world stage at such a young age is not a fluke, and that more players would be able to follow in his footsteps if given the same opportunities."

For some reason i think of Larin vs. Hamilton. One got a chance, the other hasn't. Alot of the time it's just about being given a chance.

7 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

For some reason i think of Larin vs. Hamilton. One got a chance, the other hasn't. Alot of the time it's just about being given a chance.

This, this, this, this, this, this. I still believe in Hamilton, but TFC doesn't seem to want to give him a chance. It's borderline criminal how few minutes he played this season. I bet he won't even make it into the 18 in Columbus despite both Giovinco and Altidore being unavailable (appeal pending of course).

27 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

"... It really does frustrate me, when I watch MLS, and I see our best U-17 players -- who, again, are so talented and so capable -- being rostered ... but then not being put on the field much to actually play. I watch that, and I just think about how I was given a chance ... a real chance ... and it changed my life. Why then are we seemingly hesitant to allow these other talents to blossom?"

Pulisic also insisted that his emergence on the world stage at such a young age is not a fluke, and that more players would be able to follow in his footsteps if given the same opportunities."

Agreed this kid has done well with limited time sort of like AJH, but isn't given the chance to push on instead is sent back to bench if lucky. Heck even that other player gets more chance, but doesn't deserve it Mr.Spencer....

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

US playing Bosnia and Herzegovina in the first of their two Camp Cupcake games. Makes Camp Cupcake v. Camp Poutine fairly unlikely as the US is in talks with Jamaica for their second match.

Does the CSA have enough dime for a game in January?

3 hours ago, Kent said:

This, this, this, this, this, this. I still believe in Hamilton, but TFC doesn't seem to want to give him a chance. It's borderline criminal how few minutes he played this season. I bet he won't even make it into the 18 in Columbus despite both Giovinco and Altidore being unavailable (appeal pending of course).

This after Vanney  applauded him for making the most of his opportunities last year and he delivered big time.  I get that he is not going to play ahead of the 2 DPs but Spencer? Not sure how JHams got up for practice this season. The kid must have intestinal fortitude. 

As the brand new u17 cycle kicks off in a week, the new US u17s have friendlies scheduled against Brazil, England, and the Netherlands. Our u17s probably won't even practice together this year. This is honestly more important to me than CMNT friendlies, why can't the CSA get our kids into these tournaments?

Remember how our u15s were competitive with the US and Costa Rica at the u15 CONCACAF Championship this year? Yet, at the u17 CONCACAF Championship in a few years we'll probably struggle to get past Cuba again. The CSA is really letting these kids down by not getting them serious minutes together against international competition. 

Edited by harrycoyster

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

As the brand new u17 cycle kicks off in a week, the new US u17s have friendlies scheduled against Brazil, England, and the Netherlands. Our u17s probably won't even practice together this year. This is honestly more important to me than CMNT friendlies, why can't the CSA get our kids into these tournaments?

Remember how our u15s were competitive with the US and Costa Rica at the u15 CONCACAF Championship this year? Yet, at the u17 CONCACAF Championship in a few years we'll probably struggle to get past Cuba again. The CSA is really letting these kids down by not getting them serious minutes together against international competition. 

Let us that this statement will be wrong and CSA does get them some games or join a small tourney....

3 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

I'm hopeful that the CSA will try to enter youth teams into small cups in the OZ era similar to the Aspire Cup back in March. Even cups against minor nations would be useful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given that now The US, Chile, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, both Irelands, Scotland, Ukraine, Ivory Coast and Ghana all failed to qualify I seriously hope the CSA try to secure one of them for a game in Toronto next summer. All would not only offer Canada a high level opponent but would also likely bring in a large crowd and mainstream attention. If TSN broadcast any of them I would be shocked and if, say, Italy, The US or Greece didn't break the attendance record set this past summer with the Jamaica game my mind would be truly blown.

In addition, none of these games would be loses for the program unless Canada lost 4-0 with no shots.

I don't see all of the above passing on a game in Canada against Canada as well. All will be likely looking for something to do that will make them a big cheque and help a rebuild and I'm doubtful the US, China, UEA and Qatar will book every single one of them for games over a single window.

The time is right for this type of game. It's a challenge that would help on the field and help build the brand.

22 minutes ago, matty said:

I'm hopeful that the CSA will try to enter youth teams into small cups in the OZ era similar to the Aspire Cup back in March. Even cups against minor nations would be useful.

Between the start of the 2015-2017 cycle and the 2017 CONCACAF u17 Championship the US u17s played 13 games together. Mexico played 11. I can't remember more than a couple Canadian u17 games in that span. There was a rumoured scrimmage against the Houston Dynamo u18s and a closed door friendly with Haiti directly  before the tournament...unless my memory is failing me that's it. The commitment to our youth programs just isn't there.

Edited by harrycoyster

1 hour ago, matty said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given that now The US, Chile, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, both Irelands, Scotland, Ukraine, Ivory Coast and Ghana.

One of these teams are not like the others