General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

7 hours ago, Mike Thompson said:

Just relax man, don't be a little bitch. If they want to express their passion let them, and we shouldn't discriminate on here so I am bothered by your comment 

Lets talk football ⚽️ 

Don't get your panties in a twist just cuz you're in that annoying newb group too. 

I'm married to a Latino woman, the only discrimination going on here is based on annoyingness and inability to write properly in the English language.

Edited by jpg75

18 hours ago, canta15 said:

You are pissed off a 16-year-old did not get garbage minutes against San Jose? Did you believe he would have also scored a brace like Mezquida? Also, are you aware those under 18 aren't allowed to move to Europe for footballing purposes?

So you don't want Davies to play? So you don't think Davies could have scored two goals as well if put in the position to score? Did you not realize you miss read my post when I posted that Davies would probably move next year after his birthday aka January which means he'll be 18.... 

Edited by Scorpion26

19 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

So you don't want Davies to play? So you don't think Davies could have scored two goals as well if put in the position to score? Did you not realize you miss read my post when I posted that Davies would probably move next year after his birthday aka January which means he'll be 18.... 

I think players shouldn't be givin time just based on merit. Fonzie has not scored all year so yes I believe he would not have scored if put in those positions, if he is even smart enough to get into those positions at all.

For the second point, I apologize as I misread your post

3 hours ago, canta15 said:

I think players shouldn't be givin time just based on merit. Fonzie has not scored all year so yes I believe he would not have scored if put in those positions, if he is even smart enough to get into those positions at all.

For the second point, I apologize as I misread your post

Understood @canta15, but I do think he should of played, and I do believe he would have scored a goal or two for his team. Just want to see him play these high stake games to improve him as a player, but he does have next year to make himself starter each weekly game. Besides I just want to see more Canadian players given chance to prove their worth for the CMLS teams... Anyways let us see how far Vancouver and Toronto get too this years playoff... 

28 minutes ago, Mike Thompson said:

Which players would you call up for January Camp? 

I want to play a friendly vs The US!

Basically everybody whose club isn't playing that week assuming we get the usual US friendly. Playing against the US domestic team away is as good a test as we'll get in the next 12 months.

3 hours ago, Mike Thompson said:

Which players would you call up for January Camp? 

MLS, NASL, USL and Scandinavian based guys......maybe one or two other guys

3 hours ago, Mike Thompson said:

I want to play a friendly vs The US!

3 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Playing against the US domestic team away is as good a test as we'll get in the next 12 months.

I'd rather play someone else on their turf. Just because I feel a USA game could be put to better use than Camp Poutine. (Maybe a July 1 and July 4 pairs of games or some shit).

I also think we could get better than the USA. In 2010 we got Argentina after all.

Maybe we'll get someone in the US's pool that wants to play a similar.....oh yea:P. But seriously maybe someone in Panama's or Honduras' group will wanna play a CONCACAF team as warm up.

2 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Who is this guy? How old and what position 

I know he mentioned he went over to Denmark on trial to find a club 

Maybe you should ask him! I just think it would be cool to have a V on the national squad, no matter how far fetched!

22 hours ago, Jith12 said:

Maybe you should ask him! I just think it would be cool to have a V on the national squad, no matter how far fetched!

No just no

Haven't been active in the CSA/ASA since I think 13 or so, CSA and my provinces team never interested me. If offered sure but it's not really in my goalset. If asked though I'd likely give it a shot.

CSA has a millenium to go. I know many players who should be on the team, which are incredibly good, instead of some current guys (Sergiu Anton, was a friend of mine in Brazil and Portugal, he was playing at C.D Nacional with the youth but has since quit and plays university now. Incredible player).

I have a dream squad in mind which would be more realistic, although composed mostly of under 23 years olds.

43 minutes ago, Semaj8james said:

Sergiu Anton, was a friend of mine in Brazil and Portugal, he was playing at C.D Nacional with the youth but has since quit and plays university now. Incredible player).

So that's what happened to him. Shitty.

Hey man, what's your name?

9 minutes ago, Semaj8james said:

According to my one friend he got too many arguments with management.

My names James Cox. You can check my website sports resume thing in my profile :)

James, I just saw your website, holy crap what a journey! I hope Denmark pans out for you and your injuries are behind you and your career takes off! 

I'm curious your take on player development in Canada and the  CSA support for young players like yourself to pursue a professional career ? 

Thank you! I hope so as well!

It's a mixed bag. Many of the trainers I had were very high quality,  however there's a large lack of energy and desire in a lot of play back in Canada. After returning from abroad like Brazil to Canada you can immediately notice the lack of passion in play. I'm ashamed to admit I "slump" back down to the level after a couple of weeks (that's in my experience when I was younger even like 14.

Support to go beyond and find a professional career is almost none. Myself and most I know got lucky and extremely fortunately an agent who took us and really opened our eyes to the world of it. Players like Caniggia who I trained with back when he moved to Canada originally was I believe endorsed by one of my trainers (never was endorsed by that trainer). Fun story, I remember the first time I trained with him, we were doing conditioning training and it was the very first time he was training with us. All we did was sprint the length of the field and back. I was second fastest, he was the fastest, and he finished by the time I was 75% done. He had absolutely unreal speed, pace and conditioning at that age. I think genetics and training could be chalked up to that.

Anyways, back to the point. I've really not recieved anything from CSA at all in terms of support. All my support come from my parents, trainers and the real opening opportunities was with an agent.

42 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Maybe Vancouver plays more than 1 Canadian tonight seriously.... 

Hopefully man! Fingers crossed

With Techera and Reyna not fit to play why would they be in the traveling 18'?

I hope to see Davies and Teibert on the bench as well

Will be surprised if they go with Jordan Harvey instead of de Jong at Century Link Park 

@jpg75 answer here if you want

That's a world wide thing, but with CPL having youth teams will bring more players to the table and more choices CMNT and all youth teams to give them a chance to play for Canada. If they stay that's great and if they leave we move on at least will have others in the pipeline. Overall thought CNDMLS teams have produce players, but so many were push to soon or were not given a chance to succeed ie TFC. With USL this should help improve this situation, but gotta wait and see what USL will do so they can become D2 league. As I posted this will be a long process with CPL, but they should make it happen from the jump. Let's not get off topic to long.

9 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

@jpg75 answer here if you want

That's a world wide thing, but with CPL having youth teams will bring more players to the table and more choices CMNT and all youth teams to give them a chance to play for Canada. If they stay that's great and if they leave we move on at least will have others in the pipeline. Overall thought CNDMLS teams have produce players, but so many were push to soon or were not given a chance to succeed ie TFC. With USL this should help improve this situation, but gotta wait and see what USL will do so they can become D2 league. As I posted this will be a long process with CPL, but they should make it happen from the jump. Let's not get off topic to long.

I find it funny that the two knocks on CMNDMLS player development are "they play young players to soon" and "they don't give young players chances". CNDMLS player development is far from perfect, but we need to come to terms with the fact that in a majority of cases the player in question just isn't gifted enough to start at the MLS level. 

Surprise, a board with 100's of members has differing, or opposite opinions.  Not funny at all but very common and normal.  As far as the younger players now, Harry you are probably right, the level has risen and its getting harder to give our youngsters a shot.  When Tiebert, Osorio, Morgan etc came up a few years ago they were at par with MLS level.   But can hardly get any minutes now with the talent level increasing every season.  Chapman, Bustos, Adegube, Crepeau etc probably would have gotten better shots at breaking in 5-6 years ago.  Which just reinforces the need for our own league at a step below MLS and NASL so our youngsters can get minutes, become professionals and the cream will rise and move on to bigger and better things. 

(Still no excuse to start Spencer over Hamilton though....slagging Spencer is just my personal vendetta!) 

24 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

I find it funny that the two knocks on CMNDMLS player development are "they play young players to soon" and "they don't give young players chances". CNDMLS player development is far from perfect, but we need to come to terms with the fact that in a majority of cases the player in question just isn't gifted enough to start at the MLS level. 

No, I'm not knocking playing young players to soon. It was period of time TFC signed a good amount of youngsters, but they were not up to par to be playing for the team at that moment. Players like Davies, Henry, Morgan, and some more were in a good position to succeed in MLS. Which allowed them to play much more compared to some in the past. While some players i.e Bustos are signed, but aren't given the chance to prove their worth. They CNDMLS teams are improving their academies no doubt and yes some youth player are still missed which should hopefully be picked up by CPL teams. Anyways USL is part of the plan to improve these youth players to good for academies, but yet ready for the grind in the MLS. Imagine if the MLS and USL had this system few years back when TFC signed many players that they dropped after one season. At same time the front office were transitioning many different managers too so a lot of ideas were being brought and tossed quickly. At the end of it all CNDMLS are improving and USL either they have a team or affiliated with a team should help bring up more players into CNDMLS teams. CPL will add to more players are part of the CND soccer program of both genders and hopefully more will want to be part of a program looking to grow and improve each days, weeks, months, and years. This will be a slow growth no doubt and will have to be patient plus stop with the Canadian Messi/Ronaldo/etc... I want a Canadian star that's just reps him or her skills to highest level for Canada....