General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

7 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Alright cool is there anyone you think would receive the CGA?

Seems like Canadian players will be light this coming draft for MLS...

I know little to nothing about L1O, and that's the only realistic place a CGA could come from if St. Clair and Miller stay in college. You'd have to talk to an Ontarian.

43 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

I know little to nothing about L1O, and that's the only realistic place a CGA could come from if St. Clair and Miller stay in college. You'd have to talk to an Ontarian.

You posted following college players where do you rate St.Clair amongst NCAA keepers?

I do hope Miller goes pro for the next draft.

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

Top 10-15. Mostly upperclassmen in front of him.

That's not too bad, but he isn't ready for MLS just yet as you previously mentioned. Will definitely need a young GK that can be dominant for us in the future and not prone to mishaps during games or very few. 

Commenting on the possible new international rule seems it would work for players that are eligible to play for Canada, but can't like Opare... correct? I personally feel if anyone played a official tournament even if it was one game your part of that program. However I do think if someone makes their switch to another international team, but never are called up should be allowed to switch back one last time. Only if they've never been called up to play in any games. The world is ever changing, but some things does need to be tweaked a bit in many FIFA regulations. 

Also sucks our youngsters didn't make the U17 WC hope a big drive of the CPL will be for the future starting straight out with academies that are free of course. 

Overall will be interesting how Steve Reed leads the CSA with OZ always inputting ideas. Although the overall Board of Directors could be more multi-cultural.... 2018 here comes CSA/CMNT

Camp Poutine vs Camp CupCake 2018 think it happens? 

32 minutes ago, Alejandrogolazo890 said:

I know!!!... I just like writing it as I say it (pronunciation wise) .... Its my birth country btw together with Chile

You were born in two countries at once? 

As a totally relevant and absolutely fascinating aside, I have a friend here in BCN who was born in Antartica, but the passport says Taiwan [sic] as her parents were in that nation's station.

I just thought that was about on the same level as all those "R"s you were talking about.

36 minutes ago, Alejandrogolazo890 said:

Just read a little bit of that David Witherspoon guy. Seems like an Arfield type case ( born and raised in Scotland, but has a parent whom was born in Canada). Is he any good? Yet to get an official cap at the senior level. Is he worth snatching away from Scotland? A clip of his best plays would be nice. He will address the MF perhaps, as that's an area that is becoming a little concerning as well down the road, right? With some aging players. Maybe we can get Scottie Arfield to switch allegiances, lol, as he has so far only play for youth national teams of Scotland.

What?

2 hours ago, Alejandrogolazo890 said:

Just read a little bit of that David Witherspoon guy. Seems like an Arfield type case ( born and raised in Scotland, but has a parent whom was born in Canada). Is he any good? Yet to get an official cap at the senior level. Is he worth snatching away from Scotland? A clip of his best plays would be nice. He will address the MF perhaps, as that's an area that is becoming a little concerning as well down the road, right? With some aging players. Maybe we can get Scottie Arfield to switch allegiances, lol, as he has so far only play for youth national teams of Scotland.

1. Arfield did switch, and has been playing for Canada for a while now.

2. David Wotherspoon is a very good player and yes he would be a great addition to Canada. He’s played a ton in Scot prem league and has played in europa league  games. Can play  multiple positions LW CM RM. But he’s not that young, hes 27 years old. 

Edited by SpecialK

I believe what he meant to say is that maybe Arfield can convince Wotherspoon to switch allegiances because Wotherspoon only played for youth Scottish national teams.

All it takes is the word "his" inserted before allegiances for it to work in his sentence, although it would be ambiguous.

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

Why do I get the feeling the majority of new posters on this board are trolling us.....?

Maybe they are just new fans ? If so that's awesome, bring in some new blood, new excitement or they are just trolls hahaha 

Edited by SpecialK

Just now, SpecialK said:

Maybe they are just new fans ? If so that's awesome, bring in some new blood, new excitement.

You’re included in that group buddy

7 hours ago, Alejandrogolazo890 said:

I hope you are not singling me out particularly, as I AM NOT TROLLING BY ANY MEANS!!!... If so, what made you think so? Btw, I have great command of the English language and if my points are not to come clear is coz my fab phone that seems to consistently make typos or write words that I don't mean to say! Second, I am way past the 15 year old range, but won't give you out my age, and I'm here more for supporting individual performance as opposed to CANMNT itself... I do not show any allegiance to any particular country, like does it really matter? But I like a lot of the skill that this recent wave Canadian football prospects have shown (club level mostly save for those who have already committed) as there is imo at least some very good exciting talent indeed. Keep in mind that many of these players r in fact foreign-born, but Canadian based (something I identify myself with from a personal level) or a 2nd generation  of foreign-nationals in a lot of cases, heck recent  we have struggled a lot thru the years in getting some of these guys to commit (both ways, whether they are foreign born or 2nd generation born to foreign nationals) given my circumstances, if I were an aspiring professional football player, I would have the same dilemma myself!

Problem is of course of phone being typos. English major you are is and not being troll for 15 years.

Whoa what just happened? 

Well MLS season is ending soon... Larin wants to move... and other stuff happened as well.

What grind my gear was Davies didn't play last night really of all the night to play he's not in unless that is he was hurt, but I don't know if that did happen or not.... Well he's going to be 17 soon and next year after his bday he might move to Europe as well...

4 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Whoa what just happened? 

Well MLS season is ending soon... Larin wants to move... and other stuff happened as well.

What grind my gear was Davies didn't play last night really of all the night to play he's not in unless that is he was hurt, but I don't know if that did happen or not.... Well he's going to be 17 soon and next year after his bday he might move to Europe as well...

You are pissed off a 16-year-old did not get garbage minutes against San Jose? Did you believe he would have also scored a brace like Mezquida? Also, are you aware those under 18 aren't allowed to move to Europe for footballing purposes?

Edited by Guest

On October 25, 2017 at 7:27 PM, jpg75 said:

...Or they're just 15 year old latino fanboys with a tenuous grasp on the English language? Equally annoying.

Just relax man, don't be a little bitch. If they want to express their passion let them, and we shouldn't discriminate on here so I am bothered by your comment 

Lets talk football ⚽️