David Norman Jr.

Dub Narcotic

23 hours ago, Obinna said:

Never knew he was with Northampton Town in League Two. That's actually a good level for him to be with a club pushing for promotion. If they get to League One and he sticks, he would be doing well for himself. 

As others have said a good story to follow.

League One/League Two is 4 down/4 up, with top 3 of the League Two promotions being automatic.  So Northamption currently sit 3 points ahead of Carlisle United in 4th (the first playoff place).  They are also 2 points ahead of Stevenage in 3rd but have played an extra game. Leyton Orient (the land of some my ancestors) have a decent 5 point lead in first with a game in hand. 

9 games to go, Northampton would need to collapse pretty hard to not at least stay in the playoffs. 

Here's hoping Norman gets some minutes and helps them go up.

Edit: I see they play a big game against Stevenage at home next weekend. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

On 4/1/2023 at 10:49 AM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

On a side make-you-feel-real-old note, Norman is sharing the bench today with D'Margio Wright-Phillips, the GRANDSON of Ian Wright (and therefore he is the nephew of Bradley Wright-Phillips). 

I just looked him up to confirm if Sean Wright-Phillips is D'Margio's father (he is). Ian Wright is only 59, and D'Margio is 21. So Ian Wright was a grandfather at age 38 (could be younger if there is another grandchild that is older than D'Margio).

7 minutes ago, Kent said:

I just looked him up to confirm if Sean Wright-Phillips is D'Margio's father (he is). Ian Wright is only 59, and D'Margio is 21. So Ian Wright was a grandfather at age 38 (could be younger if there is another grandchild that is older than D'Margio).

I'm pretty sure that both Sean and Bradley were adopted, so that might skew things to make Wrighty seem abnormally young to be a grandfather.

7 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'm pretty sure that both Sean and Bradley were adopted, so that might skew things to make Wrighty seem abnormally young to be a grandfather.

I would have to find it again but I believe Shaun and Bradley are biologically half-brothers.  Ian Wright adopted Shaun but I believe the latter was the son of his partner (someone Phillips) with whom he had Bradley.  Anyway, he was 19 when he adopted Shaun who was 3 at the time.

Edit: from an old Guardian article:

He adopted the 19-month-old son of his girlfriend Sharon and the couple went on to have another son together. The relationship did not last, but they are still on good terms. Wright then had a son by another girlfriend

I was wrong on the age, I guess. The most basic maths says Ian was 18 when Shaun was born.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 weeks later...

Northampton went with 2 at the back and he didn't see the pitch today. 

His team lost 1-2 late.  They gave up second place but 3rd is still automatic promotion.  They go into the last game of the season 2 points up on 4th place Stockport County but have a worse goal diffence so need a win on the last day to be safe in 3rd.  They play midtable Tranmere on the Bank Holiday. 

• 2 weeks later...