Tristan Jumeau

Thanks to @Complete Homer (or randoms on Reddit?) for finding out about him. I'll start a thread or else how will the CSA know he exists? :D

At Burnley. Winger. A 99'

Canadian Mother says The Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2016/oct/04/next-generation-2016-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Thanks to @Complete Homer (or randoms on Reddit?) for finding out about him. I'll start a thread or else how will the CSA know he exists? :D

Canadian Mother says the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2016/oct/04/next-generation-2016-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

/u/danubio on reddit found him, but I'll happily bask in accolades instead ;)

26 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

I also already tweeted Canuck_Abroad, so hopefully they can start tracking 

Edit: His brother, Olivier, is 15 and players GK with the Burnley academy, in case anyone missed that detail

Ok, since he's a 99 he is too old to be a U-17 - but his brother could be one.

13 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Oh good, another player with a incredibly tenuous connection to Canada that some will drool over for the next 10 years.

Or, as @Complete Homer would say:

16 minutes ago, shermanator said:

We are a desperate bunch sometimes. 

Gotta Cap EM ALL!

His profile on the Burnley under 18s website (http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/team/Academy/Youth_profiles.aspx):

Tristan Jumeau
Midfielder

Winger Jumeau excelled last season, scoring regularly for the U17s and U18s, despite being just aged 15. 

Jumeau, whose father is French and mother is Canadian, also topped the charts with his physical attributes. 

While playing for the Youth Team, Jumeau holds the record in the 2015/16 season for most distance covered, even matching stats of first team player George Boyd! 

Tristan’s brother Olivier is also in the Burnley Academy in the U15s, and both parents travel to the club seven-days a week to watch the wide man or goalkeeper train or play.

1.png

• 6 months later...
On 10/5/2016 at 2:51 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Canadian Mother says The Guardian.

FourFourTwo in England published an article on their website a few days ago about each Premier League teams future prospect. It's similar to The Guardian report but has a bit more information about him if anyone is interested. Here is the link:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/all-20-premier-league-clubs-brightest-youth-prospect-yet-make-their-first-team-debuts

Apparently, it says that he was born in Canada to a French father and Canadian mother but is being looked at by the English FA for their youth teams. We could do with trying to get him to play for our own youth teams ASAP as it sounds like he moved to England at quite a young age. His situation seems quite similar to Fikayo Tomori's so lets hope it doesn't end up the same way.

On October 4, 2016 at 11:40 PM, Northvansteve said:

I love these obscure finds. It's part of the charm of being a CanMNT supporter!

I don't. It's a sign of our system (developmental, professional, etc.) still being sub par, which they are no doubt. We'll know true change has occurred when bull shit like this dies out and becomes obsolete.

29 minutes ago, Macksam said:

I don't. It's a sign of our system (developmental, professional, etc.) still being sub par, which they are no doubt. We'll know true change has occurred when bull shit like this dies out and becomes obsolete.

We must be opportunistic and recruit talent that is eligible. Every country does this

8 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

We must be opportunistic and recruit talent that is eligible. Every country does this

Sure, I have no issue with that. It's the underlying reason why we do this that I take issue with.

Edited by Macksam

On 29/04/2017 at 0:36 PM, hamiltonfan said:

6 hours ago, maccaliam said:

^ to strengthen our program? 

The problem @Macksam is addressing is the fact Canada has no actual player pool. Instead we have to turn over stones to find people and Canada does a shitty as fuck job at that (Alan Mannus is proof of how shitty our searching power is). Canada is in a place where we basically need to hope a guy will settle for Canada and that's a fucking joke.

Canada is also in a place where any Canadian playing in Sweden's 3rd tier is being followed by the national team and that's even more of a fucking joke.

Yeah some guys like Arfield are real gets and adding Cristante, Tomori and Ferreira would make us a feared side in CONCACAF likely but going after just anyone (which is largely the case with Canada) is a waste of time and money. We need to be selective when it comes to this.

5 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

I mean, far stronger countries do exactly the same thing. Maybe not as frequently, but this is common practice worldwide.

You mean no where near as frequently. Most are searching their own leagues for players to follow or are only tracking those in top tiers (sometimes second tiers) from maybe a handful of nations that might be eligible.