Hamilton CPL Supporters Thread

-Hammer-

The colors are great, logo is ok (with the Hammer), and I hope that stylized H will morf into something better in a year or two.  Very nice roll out, and good to see merchandise up and available at the launch.  

Is it just me or does bunbury still look like he could still suit up and score a couple goals for the CMNT team?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, matty said:

people did say the same of the golden knights logo and name and that went on to be a smash hit when it came to merch sales

Sales in a place like Las Vegas isn't really a good indicator for whether something looks good or not.  I thought York was bad, but this high school.

4 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

At least you have gear available! :( nothing here for York 9 except at launch.

At least you have a team.

Technically there is a team in Vancouver, albeit MLS, but when the owner said he wanted Whitecaps to be one of the top 20 teams within x many years, and Erik Hurtado's still hitting row z on a consistent basis for this club, I'll be picking a Premier League club to support (although I want them all to be extremely successful).  I'm still in the eeny meeny miny moe stage.

26 minutes ago, SuperCanuck said:

Sales in a place like Las Vegas isn't really a good indicator for whether something looks good or not.  I thought York was bad, but this high school.

golden knights sold well outside of vegas. i think they were #2 in markets like chicago and la over everyone else in the nhl prior to the playoffs. i don't think it looked good but shit sold.

like i said before, it might work with the right jersey and merch. if they good full on metal it could be a hit but yea it could be 100% shit

Looking at the logo again this morning, I think the thing that bothers me is the team is mostly going with "Forge FC," but the logo is an H for Hamilton. Like, they're kind of mixing the names a bit...

BUT, I like the name, I like the colours, and even if all that was shit, I don't care, I've got a hometown soccer team to support again. I'm so pumped up.

That was a monumental night in Hamilton sports history, the soccer community was out in great numbers far exceeding my expectations, it was great to chat with several Voyageurs at the event and at the post launch get together! The colours and logo are ok, I think they will grow on many people, the Battalion will be changing their colours moving forward, the consensus is we are all very excited about this and can't wait for the league to kick off! 

Very impressed by the turnout and presentation etc. But just so disappointed in the logo/colours.  Orange is fine but the stadium is black/yellow and the city is as well.. now we have an awkward orange team in a yellow stadium?  At least put some yellow in there.  

The logo is just awful, sure we’re all excited but there’s no way around it.  A lot of people who felt the same way at the event. 

It's not that bad,  but maybe better as a hockey logo than soccer?  I think with the right uniform it'll look alright.  Maybe if you put a shield around it? Or the hammer shape?

I'm more annoyed at the colours. Especially since they go out of their way to point out that every other team uses black and gold, and that they're going to have a black and gold day. Seriously,  just be black and gold.

Forge Fc is okay, better than founders. I hope they use "Forge FC Hamilton" in their branding and not just "Forge FC" .

50 minutes ago, gator said:

That was a monumental night in Hamilton sports history, the soccer community was out in great numbers far exceeding my expectations, it was great to chat with several Voyageurs at the event and at the post launch get together! The colours and logo are ok, I think they will grow on many people, the Battalion will be changing their colours moving forward, the consensus is we are all very excited about this and can't wait for the league to kick off! 

I second that.  By the way it was good to have a beer with your son and my nephew at the event.

The logo is bad but that will change in time anyway. I like the secondary logo better. If enough people tell them the same maybe they'll change.

The colors might be more problematic though, I didn't even think about stadium colors until it was mentioned above. 

I like the old logo of the Ottawa Fury also more than the new one. It'll change again, it's fine. 

Ottawafury.jpg

Bob Young was just on CHML talking about the launch, not a lot of new stuff, he was asked about the colours in which he replied "we are looking for the young generation to commit to this, not necessarily the 60 year olds", hmmmmm!

3 hours ago, grande said:

Looking at the logo again this morning, I think the thing that bothers me is the team is mostly going with "Forge FC," but the logo is an H for Hamilton. Like, they're kind of mixing the names a bit...

BUT, I like the name, I like the colours, and even if all that was shit, I don't care, I've got a hometown soccer team to support again. I'm so pumped up.

I agree. It seems weird for every other team to incorporate the name or first letter in their crest, and then for Hamilton to do very much the opposite. If it were "Hamilton Forge FC" and they smushed the H and F together, I could maybe see it, but not this thing.

I actually kind of like that they're bucking the black/yellow in favour of these colours, and the name has really grown on me. I just can't get behind the design. I'm not going to say it's worse than the Buffaslug . . . but I'm definitely not going to say it's better.

I don't mind the name. But the longer I've had to stew, the more I hate this logo. I really don't know who thought this was a good logo? It just seems to deviate from everything that makes a good football logo. Im going to go stew more. 

9 hours ago, matty said:

golden knights sold well outside of vegas. i think they were #2 in markets like chicago and la over everyone else in the nhl prior to the playoffs. i don't think it looked good but shit sold.

like i said before, it might work with the right jersey and merch. if they good full on metal it could be a hit but yea it could be 100% shit

Maybe Chicago isn't as bad, but Los Angeles also isn't a bastion of good taste.  Plus US hockey fans are more prone to like cartoony/cornball stuff than Canadian footie fans.  Fingers crossed they come up with a nice kit.  I always thought the Nordique's crest was a bit weird, but loved the uniforms.

1 minute ago, SuperCanuck said:

Maybe Chicago isn't as bad, but Los Angeles also isn't a bastion of good taste.  Plus US hockey fans are more prone to like cartoony/cornball stuff than Canadian footie fans.  Fingers crossed they come up with a nice kit.  I always thought the Nordique's crest was a bit weird, but loved the uniforms.

WHAT?!?! LOL. The amount of Euro snob, stolen tacky shit and over the top canadiana desires I've seen Canadian footie fans do and say exceeds anything I've seen from the NHL fanbase. 

Archived