Hamilton CPL Supporters Thread

-Hammer-

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious what other events does Tim Horton Field host throughout the year like concerts or any other types of events, I can't imagine this stadium stays profitable with the 9 or 10 CFL games a year?

On 4/9/2016 at 3:28 PM, 1996 said:

Just curious what other events does Tim Horton Field host throughout the year like concerts or any other types of events, I can't imagine this stadium stays profitable with the 9 or 10 CFL games a year?

They've had one big country concert in there but to my knowledge there aren't any other upcoming.

Currently I think they are trying to work out if they can get a bubble for the field in the winter, then they can rent the field out to other sports clubs etc.

13 hours ago, marauder01 said:

They've had one big country concert in there but to my knowledge there aren't any other upcoming.

Currently I think they are trying to work out if they can get a bubble for the field in the winter, then they can rent the field out to other sports clubs etc.

There is also a Vanier Cup coming there this year in November and various highschool teams and the CJFL teams play there off and on. It's why the Ti-Cats are looking for dates.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ambitious City one looks good.  

I've never been a fan of Barton St. Battalion as a name to be honest.  Being from Northern Ontario originally; my connection to Hamilton started at McMaster, being a TiCats fan and living in Waterdown.  I have no connection to Barton Street and have a hard time repping it.  I realize I'm the minority of the Hamilton Supports Group though.

8 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

ehyXGcI.png

what do you guys think?

I like the Cinquefoil tilted as it looks good at either angle, and I do like the Seravek Font. I'm not a big fan of the curly plant life for two reasons. The first is it lacks a certain grit and comes across as too prestigious old boy soccer club.  It's the kind of thing I'd think if Stafford or some rich private club came around. The second, is that I'm not sure how well that level of detail would translate into a sewn scarf. I mean, it's pretty intricate, which also makes it kind of hard to duplicate on a banner and the like.

Also, I'd probably be more inclined if it was more thistle like, but then again despite Hamilton having large Scottish origins, not sure how well that would go over, and once again the practicality of the design. 

Anyways, I'll repost all of my concepts in the new thread, plus one more that I just made with the chains inverted. If you want to tinker with them at all Guil, feel free.

City.jpg

Just Chains.jpg

Playing.jpg

Playing2.jpg

Hamilton Scarf.jpg

CityInvert.jpg

I think what I like most about Guil's alterations is that the hammer/cinquefoil have been enlarged by putting the other border in. What are the thoughts of having the chain do the same? Have the chain replace the ivy but have those straight lines at the end of the scarves so the symbols are larger?

If I had to choose now I'd say the first or third one of what Hammer posted. I like the idea of a mostly black side and a mostly yellow opposite side - similar to how the Ticats did their scarves a few years ago for anyone who has one.

29 minutes ago, marauder01 said:

I think what I like most about Guil's alterations is that the hammer/cinquefoil have been enlarged by putting the other border in. What are the thoughts of having the chain do the same? Have the chain replace the ivy but have those straight lines at the end of the scarves so the symbols are larger?

If I had to choose now I'd say the first or third one of what Hammer posted. I like the idea of a mostly black side and a mostly yellow opposite side - similar to how the Ticats did their scarves a few years ago for anyone who has one.

Like this?

Gulmod.png

Not as big a fan with the links disconnected, but see bellow for your take. I think we all agree the Ivy is out, it's just too intricate.

I'm digging the 2nd one the most, but I think because the font is a bit smaller and thicker might have a bit of the reason. Sadly, it seems to be tricky keeping the girth of the letter consistent, as my constant tinkering, filling, refilling and saving takes a bit of a toll. I suppose one of the issues of using free software.

Here's an idea, we make a different design on the other side.

Fiddle.png

Thats fair regarding the chains, I see that now. I'm good with the 2nd one for one side and the 3rd one for the other side. Or are you also proposing putting the Hammers on one side and the flowers on the other? I'm good either way - I cant decide if I like seeing both on one side or not.

I was going to try to maybe do something to revive the rivet idea, like have The Ambitious City on a sign that appears riveted to the scarf, but I can't get the Rivets to work out, and I just don't think it looks good. I also tried something with Plaid to no avail. I think if we are going to do an invert color scarf, we leave the designs fairly similar.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing a drastically different design on the other side of the scarf, perhaps one that is a bit more yellow dominated. However, my tank is empty for tonight.

7 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

Not as big a fan with the links disconnected, but see bellow for your take. I think we all agree the Ivy is out, it's just too intricate.

I'm digging the 2nd one the most, but I think because the font is a bit smaller and thicker might have a bit of the reason. Sadly, it seems to be tricky keeping the girth of the letter consistent, as my constant tinkering, filling, refilling and saving takes a bit of a toll. I suppose one of the issues of using free software.

Here's an idea, we make a different design on the other side.

Fiddle.png

looks pretty good to me.  I think it'd look sharp with yellow chains, but then theres no grey i guess.  Either way.  getting close.  Even though my ivy sucked, got you guys talking at least :P

I really hope a team can be created in Hamilton soon. It seems there is already a lot of support. Also the Ti-Cats stadium would work great. How close is the Hamilton GO station to where the stadium is? That would be an easy trip for a Voyageurs Cup game.

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

I really hope a team can be created in Hamilton soon. It seems there is already a lot of support. Also the Ti-Cats stadium would work great. How close is the Hamilton GO station to where the stadium is? That would be an easy trip for a Voyageurs Cup game.

From the GO station it's about a 15 to 20 minute bus ride on the Barton bus. Which is always an entertaining ride.

12 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

looks pretty good to me.  I think it'd look sharp with yellow chains, but then theres no grey i guess.  Either way.  getting close.  Even though my ivy sucked, got you guys talking at least :P

I'd be good with yellow chains, and maybe changing the hammer/flower to grey? Or doing the opposite and making the chains and lines grey. 

8 hours ago, Lips RPB said:

From the GO station it's about a 15 to 20 minute bus ride on the Barton bus. Which is always an entertaining ride.

I actually made a song about the Barton St. Bus, but it's regrettably too long to use during a game.

So I think at this point, either #2 with #3 on the other side or #5 and #6 on the other side (albeit #6 adjusted to use Guiliermo's larger flower, changing the Lettering to The Ambitious City and Adjusting the motto) which I'll do right now.

Here we go, I think I will brighten the yellow and deepen the black. I'll probably need to remake them to clean them up as Paint.net does cause some loss and grittiness over time. These look like our current finalists, the top one would be adjusted to say Barton St Battalion the same way as the 3rd.

CityInvert2.jpg

Abi2.jpg

Just Chains.jpg

Playing.jpg

Archived