Hamilton CPL Supporters Thread

-Hammer-

22 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Roll call- who’s coming tomorrow?

I have it on good authority that there will be a very large crowd for the Hamilton CPL unveiling.  Which Voyager’s are coming?

I'll be there.  Hoping these  crowd predictions for the launch are accurate, and that our early membership sales blow Valour FC away.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

4 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I have it on good authority that there will be a very large crowd for the Hamilton CPL unveiling.  Which Voyager’s are coming?

Unfortunately I'm anticipating being stuck on shift until at least 7:30 tomorrow, we'll over an hour from the stadium. I really wanted to be there but I'm out of luck 

5 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Myself and JDub will be there!

1 hour ago, Tigers said:

Pretty sure it's supposed to be the flame shooting out the top of the steel mill.

Oh I’m sure it is - they just reached really hard to try to make letters that don’t even look good.  Why not a standard crest with a H and F and flame incorporated?  

I *knew* that the sharp angles and random curvature reminded me of something, but I couldn't figure out what until people started dissecting the individual components of the logo.

Guys, they totally stole this from the Klingons.

The "H" is done in almost the same style as Klingon characters, and the weird flame bit at the top looks like a rearranged version of the emblem for the Klingon Empire.

Klingon.png

I'm going to be there tomorrow.

Not a huge fan of that logo. Why is the H in two places? It kind of looks like "FJ" with the "extreme" serifs.

I'm okay with the name Forge. Not thrilled, but better than Founders or Steelers.

1 minute ago, grande said:

I'm going to be there tomorrow.

Not a huge fan of that logo. Why is the H in two places? It kind of looks like "FJ" with the "extreme" serifs.

I'm okay with the name Forge. Not thrilled, but better than Founders or Steelers.

It’s today if you’re looking to come to the launch.  To add to the call I’ll be there with a couple friends as well.  

I'm not very creative, not a logo designer, never much into marketing, but the logo seen in isolation looks quite bad to me. When I think of what makes Hamilton special, I don't just think of steel but also the harbour, the Niagara Escarpment (the "mountain"), the moniker of "the ambitious city", the tree canopy (how heavily treed or wooded the city is), and historically poor local government. OK, leave the last one out of consideration of incorporating it into the logo. I know you don't want too busy a crest, but I simply don't like the leaked logo. We'll see how it all comes together, and I'll still become a member, but I'm only 99% enthusiastic now.

24 minutes ago, RickC said:

), and historically poor local government. OK, leave the last one out of consideration of incorporating it into the logo. 

Hell no, go with something Soprano like.... fits the city too!

Well that's awful.  And it's from the most organized, most professional, highest-capacity club to boot.  Oh man.

So far CPL logos have been decidedly minor league, but not in any hyper-local, historical, or cheesy-lovable way.

I hope that is a leak of the club's insignia rather than their logo. The logo should be something representative or meaningful rather than a something while looks like it was imprinted by a Dalek on a British monument in a Doctor Who story from 1964. I'd rather have a logo with a picture of a tiger-cat holding a soccer ball and jumping over the Hamilton city skyline than what has been posted up thread.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Well that's awful.  And it's from the most organized, most professional, highest-capacity club to boot.  Oh man.

So far CPL logos have been decidedly minor league, but not in any hyper-local, historical, or cheesy-lovable way.

Winnipeg, Halifax and Calgary have professional logos - York 9 not so much.  But honestly I don’t think FCE is bad either.  Hamilton will be far and away the worst if that’s the logo - it would be insulting to even call York 9 minor league after this debacle.

Archived