Your XI for November

Keegan

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought- I wonder if Floro would consider putting Ricketts as the RB against Honduras?  It's obvious that Ricketts has Floro's trust and it sounds like he had a very successful season playing RB which is our biggest need spot right now.  It's just a thought in that it allows us to start our 11 best players in a critical WCQ game.  Ricketts linking up with Akindele on the right side could be very dangerous as he'd be getting that return pass at full speed.

Just a thought- I wonder if Floro would consider putting Ricketts as the RB against Honduras?  It's obvious that Ricketts has Floro's trust and it sounds like he had a very successful season playing RB which is our biggest need spot right now.  It's just a thought in that it allows us to start our 11 best players in a critical WCQ game.  Ricketts linking up with Akindele on the right side could be very dangerous as he'd be getting that return pass at full speed.

Doubt it.  I'm guessing that Ricketts will be starting on the flank in front of the fullback.  I think Floro will also be consistent with both his selection and formation.  I predict that Straith will be in front of the back four in a 4-1-4-1 formation to keep the shape and deter a Honduran counter attack up the middle of the park. 

Ricketts has been playing RB? That seems like news to me...

Last season he played the whole year in Israel at WB/RB.  Which is why he only had one goal, but many on this board didn't know that and continued to rag on him for not scoring.  

Having said that I wouldn't put him as a right back for us internationally and I don't think Floro would either.

Last season he played the whole year in Israel at WB/RB.  Which is why he only had one goal, but many on this board didn't know that and continued to rag on him for not scoring.  

Having said that I wouldn't put him as a right back for us internationally and I don't think Floro would either.

Huh, I legitimately had no idea. And now that I Google it, this article confirms it...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/08/04/canadian-exports-tosaint-ricketts-signs-turkish-club-boluspor-ahead-tough-world-cup 

FWIW, I don't think we should necessarily play Ricketts at RB. Wonder if Aird or Ouimette would be the best option go forward at RB with Ledgerwood injured right now.

I think Ouimette is the best choice at RB if Ledgerwood can't go. For someone who's limited technically, he is pretty reliable and doesn't give the ball away cheaply. For someone who isn't particularly strong or fast, he wins a lot of battles and doesn't get beat for pace very often. For someone who is still rather young, he has a lot of international experience with this group.

He has also been part of a winning group in the NYRB this season. I hope he can bring that swagger and confidence into camp if selected.

I think Ouimette is the best choice at RB if Ledgerwood can't go. For someone who's limited technically, he is pretty reliable and doesn't give the ball away cheaply. For someone who isn't particularly strong or fast, he wins a lot of battles and doesn't get beat for pace very often. For someone who is still rather young, he has a lot of international experience with this group.

He has also been part of a winning group in the NYRB this season. I hope he can bring that swagger and confidence into camp if selected.

I also see Floro starting Ouimette in that RB spot come November.  

I don't know if Bernier is in my starting 11 but he played damn well tonight; he'd be in my squad. Hasn't played much in the last two years with the CanMNT. He derserves a call.

Well, you never know what kind of surprise roster Floro can announce. So a Bernier inclusion wouldn't surprise me and he would be deserving. Here's the starting 11 I expect Floro to start against Honduras in a 3-4-3 formation:

Leutwiler 

Vitoria Lefebvre De Jong

Manella Bernier Hutch JGL

Boakai Occean Cavallini

I don't know if Bernier is in my starting 11 but he played damn well tonight; he'd be in my squad. Hasn't played much in the last two years with the CanMNT. He derserves a call.

Spectacular showing from the veteran. I know it's unlikely he'll get called but I am rooting for him. 

Well, you never know what kind of surprise roster Floro can announce. So a Bernier inclusion wouldn't surprise me and he would be deserving. Here's the starting 11 I expect Floro to start against Honduras in a 3-4-3 formation:

Leutwiler 

Vitoria Lefebvre De Jong

Manella Bernier Hutch JGL

Boakai Occean Cavallini

Hmm, i think maybe Aloyol celebrated the impact win a little too much.  Check your posts tomorrow morning and see if you still think Floro will go with this line up.  HAHA!

Well, you never know what kind of surprise roster Floro can announce.

Well, Bekker got on in a sub role so I'm guessing Floro will start him!

But seriously, considering the occasion, that was a master class by Bernier.  I've never been a big fan of his in a NT shirt, but selection should also be about having "in form" guys as much as having consistency and continuity, the latter being something Floro values more with the NT.  So if Bernier keeps it going, why not have him in the squad?  He'll have earned it, which to me sends a strong message to all others, vets and newbies alike. 

With the squad likely being released next week, and no positive news surrounding the recovery of Edgar, Ledgerwood and Jakovic, it's hard to imagine any of them being called upon for this round.

I expect the backline 7 to be: Hainault, Lefvere, Straith, Ouimette, Aird, de Jong and Morgan.

Midfield: Hutchinson, de Guzman, Johnson, Teibert, Hoilett, Akindele, Piette.

Forward: Larin, Ricketts, Cavallini, Haber.

With the squad likely being released next week, and no positive news surrounding the recovery of Edgar, Ledgerwood and Jakovic, it's hard to imagine any of them being called upon for this round.

I expect the backline 7 to be: Hainault, Lefvere, Straith, Ouimette, Aird, de Jong and Morgan.

Midfield: Hutchinson, de Guzman, Johnson, Teibert, Hoilett, Akindele, Piette.

Forward: Larin, Ricketts, Cavallini, Haber.

Bringing Lefevre into the fold looks to be a really smart move now with all the injuries.

The thing working against Bernier is MLS playoffs, that fact he will play a game November 8th and our first game is November 13th.  Unfortunate timing and not much time to prep/gel for the match.  I do hope they still bring him in, he has definitely been in form over the last few months and could be helpful if someone picks up a knock in the Honduras game.

Archived