Your XI for November

Keegan

For me the midfield has to include Julian De Guzman.  He is still one of the best performers we have had (not to mention the most experienced which is crucial here) and I'd take him over Osorio.  And I can't see Ricketts being dropped from RW.

---------Larin-----------

JH----------------Ricketts

------WJ*---Hutch--------

----------JDG-------------

* If injured I'd replace him with Osorio or Teibert

god I hope not. Ricketts cannot start when we have the likes of Akindele hoillett tissot petrasso. heck go with 2 forwards, larin and cavillani instead of rickets as a winger.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Osorio doesn't get called for the November games with TFC holding him back due to MLS playoffs. Not saying that's right, just saying that's what will happen. I'm also thinking Ledgerwood and Johnson will still be out due to injury.

With this knowledge, I think the starting 11 is:

Larin

Hoilett - Hutchinson - Teibert - Ricketts

de Guzman

de Jong - Edgar - Jakovic - Aird

Stama

with a bench of Piette, Straith, Cavallini, Akindele, Haber, Morgan and Borjan.

But really, for the first time I really have no idea who will be in the 11 or 18 at many of the spots.

god I hope not. Ricketts cannot start when we have the likes of Akindele hoillett tissot petrasso. heck go with 2 forwards, larin and cavillani instead of rickets as a winger.

It's a little late to change our formation.  We don't have the midfield/strikers to play with 2 up top.

I don't think Akindele or Tissot offer much more than Ricketts and his experience and ability to defend is what wins out for him.  I'd like to see Petrasso too but Floro clearly wants a player who can defend/attack for the other wing since Hoilett is pretty much a pure attacker so unless Petrasso starts over Hoilett we likely won't see him.

Although he's been good for his club at times we've yet to see an impressive performance from Akindele for the CMNT (when both started together in the Dominica series Akindele ended up with 1 G while Ricketts had 2 G 1 A) so I wouldn't throw him into a crucial XI just yet.  Ricketts misses the odd chance but he also does many other valuable things out there that don't show up on the stat sheet, he's also guaranteed to be the fastest player on the pitch which let's be honest is a crucial weapon.  So while he lacks in technical/finishing ability he also creates/defend due to his athletic ability and that is huge for us.

It's a little late to change our formation.  We don't have the midfield/strikers to play with 2 up top.

I don't think Akindele or Tissot offer much more than Ricketts and his experience and ability to defend is what wins out for him.  I'd like to see Petrasso too but Floro clearly wants a player who can defend/attack for the other wing since Hoilett is pretty much a pure attacker so unless Petrasso starts over Hoilett we likely won't see him.

Although he's been good for his club at times we've yet to see an impressive performance from Akindele for the CMNT (when both started together in the Dominica series Akindele ended up with 1 G while Ricketts had 2 G 1 A) so I wouldn't throw him into a crucial XI just yet.  Ricketts misses the odd chance but he also does many other valuable things out there that don't show up on the stat sheet, he's also guaranteed to be the fastest player on the pitch which let's be honest is a crucial weapon.  So while he lacks in technical/finishing ability he also creates/defend due to his athletic ability and that is huge for us.

I agree that Ricketts can't be completely written off from this team. However suggesting that Hoilett won't have to track back is false (the Ghana game he was at times defending in our own box). Now, Ricketts should get game time for me because he is a proven goal scorer for Canada (regardless of his shit touch or w.e), and he also does get back defensively but that doesn't mean that Tesho, and Petrasso don't. 

I don't agree with the philosophy of playing with 5 in the middle, and having a lopsided attack where you only attack from one side in doesn't make sense, and will never work. 

I agree that Ricketts can't be completely written off from this team. However suggesting that Hoilett won't have to track back is false (the Ghana game he was at times defending in our own box). Now, Ricketts should get game time for me because he is a proven goal scorer for Canada (regardless of his shit touch or w.e), and he also does get back defensively but that doesn't mean that Tesho, and Petrasso don't. 

I don't agree with the philosophy of playing with 5 in the middle, and having a lopsided attack where you only attack from one side in doesn't make sense, and will never work. 

I never said or suggested he wouldn't track back, he's a winger so of course Hoilett will have to track back but it isn't one of his core skills, he is hardly going to be defending set pieces in our box is he?  His role will be similar to the role Petrasso just played with the U23s.  

I agree that Ricketts can't be completely written off from this team. However suggesting that Hoilett won't have to track back is false (the Ghana game he was at times defending in our own box). Now, Ricketts should get game time for me because he is a proven goal scorer for Canada (regardless of his shit touch or w.e), and he also does get back defensively.

Jamaica scored in 90+ min in the Gold Cup cause ricketts didn't track back.  Don't ever forget that, he was hot and tired...... Central America won't be?  I only remember lol cause I had serious $$ on Canada tie or win. #badbeat ugh. Why I had to reply to Ricketts tracking back lol

My starting XI for November subs included.  Assuming WJ healthy and Floro's 4-1-4-1 ( hybrid defensive style)

Larin

JH                                                           Tesho

Hutch                       WJ     

Piette

DeJong        Jakovic           Edgar        Ledgerwood     

Borjan

***Tiebert if WJ is a no go (home field, speed, can play both sides of ball)

Subs - based on flow of game score, etc. random order.

Cavalinni for Larin

Tiebert for any spot in midfield.

Ricketts for either side of wing. (great late game sub with pace)

Aird/ledgerwood

Deguz central Mid

Jamaica scored in 90+ min in the Gold Cup cause ricketts didn't track back.  Don't ever forget that, he was hot and tired...... Central America won't be?  I only remember lol cause I had serious $$ on Canada tie or win. #badbeat ugh. Why I had to reply to Ricketts tracking back lol

There's no such think as a bad beat when betting on Canada. Anything can happen.

It seems likely that injuries will really clarify the picture.

--------------------Larin

Akindele------------------------------Hoilett

----------Osorio-----------Hutchinson

------------------de Guzman

de Jong------------------------------Ouimette

----------Edgar-------------Straith

-------------------Borjan

Bench
Cavallini
Ricketts
Teibert
Piette
Hainault
Lefevre
Stamatopoulos

Assumed to be out
Jakovic
Johnson
Ledgerwood
Henry

-----------------Larin------------------

--JH-----------Osorio---------------Tesho

-------Hutch-------------Teibert-----------

DeJong-----Lefevre-----Edgar----Ledgerwood

----------------Borjan------------------------

Please, please, please don't start Tosaint Ricketts, Piette or JDG!

Bench - Just bring on Cavallini at some point. That's it.

I wish Oliver Occean was in the squad, but that's not going to happen. Then again, neither is Osorio or Teibert possibly, so what the hell.

If only this was Football Manager it wouldn't matter that Ouimette/ Aird has never passed to Hutch who has never passed to Hoilett who has never passed to Larin.  Really... our biggest match in years  against the same friggin side that beat us 8-1 in our last important match ... and we are gonna put forward a brand new side like it is a between cycles friendly... against Honduras, of all countries, on friggin Friday the 13th?!? You can't make this sh#t up.  I'll be there in full voice but don't say I'm not skeptical. 

-----------------Larin------------------

--JH-----------Osorio---------------Tesho

-------Hutch-------------Teibert-----------

DeJong-----Lefevre-----Edgar----Ledgerwood

----------------Borjan------------------------

Please, please, please don't start Tosaint Ricketts, Piette or JDG!

Bench - Just bring on Cavallini at some point. That's it.

I wish Oliver Occean was in the squad, but that's not going to happen. Then again, neither is Osorio or Teibert possibly, so what the hell.

I like your line up and agree with your comment regarding JdG, Ricketts and Piette - but I'd also throw in Borjan. Love the guy but he is too unorthodox and indecisive that it becomes a liability. Stamatopoulos who's been more grounded over Borjan. 

As for the 8-1 schalacking hopefully the boys are pumped, put in some goals of our own and win the match. It's the fact we didn't capitalize on opportunities and failed to score at BMO in 2012 vs Honduras which led to the return match in SPS being worth anything. A win would have rendered the away match as nothing. 

I am more worried about Floro thinking that a draw might be okay than our line-up. I understand the logic of caution, to not get burnt too early, but we also have to believe in ourselves. And Floro's sides, as I see it, seem to be asked not to believe in themselves. That bothers me, especially when often you see that blood can be had and you don't go for it. 

Sometimes you need a coach to give you confidence and scream at you about a win. Like that fuck-with-your-cock Floro. Okay, it was Real Madrid losing to Lleida, but still. We need to beat Honduras, it is a huge game for us. Regardless of the team chosen to start.

I am more worried about Floro thinking that a draw might be okay than our line-up. I understand the logic of caution, to not get burnt too early, but we also have to believe in ourselves. And Floro's sides, as I see it, seem to be asked not to believe in themselves. That bothers me, especially when often you see that blood can be had and you don't go for it. 

Sometimes you need a coach to give you confidence and scream at you about a win. Like that fuck-with-your-cock Floro. Okay, it was Real Madrid losing to Lleida, but still. We need to beat Honduras, it is a huge game for us. Regardless of the team chosen to start.

I 100% agree with this.

I feel like Floro took a year plus, made his assessments, and decided that the whole squad was not good enough to go anywhere.

He's made the determination that while, on a scale of ten, a Bekker, Ricketts or Issey may only be a 4, he is better off with "does a job" types than riskier players who are only 6s anyway (Osario, Teibert, etc.).

I fear we're about to see us bunker at home vs Honduras.

Though, I must admit that, as I CMNT fan of sufficient age, I have seen teams of 4s and 5s, and teams of 6s and 7s and the results were pretty similar.

Based on what I have seen of Floro with the MNT, I could see him being cautious in the first match of the qualifying round and deciding at a certain point in the game that the team needs to avoid a loss, even at home, but when you are in a win-or-be-out game in the Gold Cup, at home, and you opt to go with a substitution that results in two natural CBs in the holding mid positions in front of the back line, well that certainly doesn't send a "go for it" message.  

It's not just his fault though, Victor stated at the presser for introducing Floro that they had been looking for someone to help them get results in Central America. That's fine and dandy, but it's not the real reason we are failing to qualify. The reason is because we can't win at home and that got lost in the whole 8-1 fiasco. You can steal draws in Honduras and ES, but if you don't win at home either then one )or both) of those teams is going to get a win against the other (and Mexico) and beat us out.

Archived