Your XI for November

Keegan

So now that we have added some faces to our pool, what is your preferred XI for November?  Let's assume Will Johnson won't be there.

------------------------Larin--------------------------

Hoilett------Hutchinson----Teibert--------Ricketts

-------------------De Guzman (c)-------------------

De Jong------Jakovic------Edgar-----Ledgerwood

-----------------------Borjan-------------------------

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now that we have added some faces to our pool, what is your preferred XI for November?  Let's assume Will Johnson won't be there.

Ricketts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? 

I put Akindele and Oso and even Aird before Ricketts.. love his effort but i'm tired of watching him dribble the ball into touch 

Frustrating about WJ. He'd be a big help but I'm sure Russ or Oso will step up to the occasion if he is not there. 
I am going to assume Jakovic will be there, its over a month away. 

If I were coach for November, knowing we need a win..... We do. We will probably never see this, but:

-----------------------Larin----------------------
Akindele------------Osorio---------------Hoilett
----------Hutchinson---------Teibert------------
De Jong------Edgar------Jakovic--Lederwood
----------------------Borjan----------------------

Not sure what wing Hoilett is better on for us. I know he likes to cut in when he's on the left, but he would also be good on the right. 

A lot will be revealed after the friendly, but for now I am going to say this is what I think we'll get.

------------------------Borjan-----------------------

Ledgerwood-----Edgar----Straith------de Jong

--------------------de Guzman (c)--------------------

Ricketts-----Hutchinson---Johnson--------Hoilett

Bench: Stamatopolis, Ouimette, Adekugbe, Lefevre, Aird, Teibert, Piette, Cavallini. 

Not dressed: Bekker, Osorio, Tissot

The starters are easy but the rest of the team is very difficult. I don't think Jakovic will be fit in time. I think Henry will be but will lack match sharpness and Floro will pass with Lefevre being the replacement after a good showing against Ghana. Morgan versus Adekugbe is close but Sam wins out because he is more comfortable with the surface and surroundings. Hainault will lose the battle against Straith. 

I wanted to find room for Froese but I just couldn't and that's good. We have depth. I think Osorio makes up with Floro but won't get ahead of Teibert. Might make the bench for El Salvador but who do you leave off then? Teibert?

No ricketts. 

Hes fine against the minnows. Out matched against the stronger concacaf sides. 

Ledgerwood is fine for now. But if Aird impresses againsr Ghana he could take ledgerwoods RB spot. 

Cavillani replaces Haber as first striker off the bench. 

Hoilett starts as long as his Ghana game isnt a cluster fuck. 

ATTACK. 

ATTACK.

ATTACKATTACKATTACK

I'm with pbullen except we play 4-1-4-1.  If Osorio got out of the doghouse and Johnson isn't available.  My lineup would be the same but with Hoilett and Akindele swapped out:

-----------------------Larin----------------------
Hoilett -----Osorio---- Hutchinson-----Akindele
----------------------Teibert---------------------
De Jong------Edgar------Jakovic--Ledgerwood
----------------------Borjan----------------------

If Johnson is available then Teibert would move to the bench.  In either event that's an outstanding looking lineup.

Tough call in so many places. What a difference a year makes! Long may this problem continue to grow!

Firstly the easy positions: 

Goal:  Borjan - No arguments

Wing: I think the wings take care of themselves for me with Hoilett and Akindele. Petrasso, Ricketts, Froese and Aird in reserve.

Central Midfield: Hutchinson is the first name on the team sheet, Will Johnson is close behind if fit which looks unlikely. The third spot is less simple since De Guzman's decline. I am a big fan of Tiebert, I would put him straight in ahead of De Guzman at the moment. I'd gamble with Osorio ahead of De Guzman too but I think we need to be solid first and foremost. There is enough creativity on the wings, i'd be happy with De Guzman/Johnson,Tiebert and Hutch. Osorio, Piette, Gagnon-Lapare on the bench.

Not so easy:

Central Defence: Edgar picks himself and then its Henry or Jakovic depending on fitness but Lefevre could really play himself into the team although he would have to get past Straith and Hainault in Floro's eyes. Wouldn't rule out Vitoria signing up at this rate either.

Striker(s): I wouldn't rule out a Cavallini/Larin partnership further down the line but with no time or games to test that out we have to stick with one or the other upfront. The Ghana game will be interesting, if Cavallini has a good showing I wouldn't rule him out of a starting sport in November to protect Larin a little bit. I am going Cavallini just for kicks. Ricketts, Jackson, Bonsu on the bench.

Getting complicated:

Fullbacks: I am not a fan of Ledgerwood and am even less a fan of De Jong at LB these days. He simply seems to waltz across the pitch and plays sloppy far to often. He has been torn to shreds by wingers over the past year and doesn't have the pace he used to. He still has a lot to offer, especially his experience, however I don't think he is mentally there at this point in his career, hunger seems to be gone. I'd move him up to LW but Hoilett is there. Fullbacks are a potential area of worry for us. Seems to be coming together in the centre with Gasporotto, James, Farmer and Thomas all improving. Hopefully Zebie, Adekugbe, Grant and Pasher come through. Ledgerwood and De Jong begrudgingly. I think both are past it but their experience will be more useful right now. 

-----------------------Cavallini----------------------                                ---------------------Larin----------------------------

Hoilett -----Johnson---- Hutchinson-----Akindele            or          Hoilett----Tiebert----Hutchinson----Akindele
----------------------Teibert---------------------                                     --------------------De Guzman--------------------
De Jong------Edgar------Henry--Ledgerwood                               De Jong------Edgar------Henry--Ledgerwood
----------------------Borjan----------------------                                     ----------------------Borjan----------------------

or the controversial change to 4-4-1-1

--------------------------Cavallini-------------------------

------------------Larin--------------------

4-4-1-1 had crossed my mind, but with Hoilett as the CAM supporting Cavallini and JDG beside Hutch with Akindele on the wing.

--------------------------Hoilett---------------------------

Akindele------Hutch----JDG--------------Ricketts

4-4-1-1 had crossed my mind, but with Hoilett as the CAM supporting Cavallini and JDG beside Hutch with Akindele on the wing.

--------------------------Hoilett---------------------------

Akindele------Hutch----JDG--------------Ricketts

I like Cavallini, but no way he's ahead of Larin right now ... Was that an oversight?

Fullbacks: I am not a fan of Ledgerwood and am even less a fan of De Jong at LB these days. He simply seems to waltz across the pitch and plays sloppy far to often. He has been torn to shreds by wingers over the past year and doesn't have the pace he used to. He still has a lot to offer, especially his experience, however I don't think he is mentally there at this point in his career, hunger seems to be gone. I'd move him up to LW but Hoilett is there. Fullbacks are a potential area of worry for us. Seems to be coming together in the centre with Gasporotto, James, Farmer and Thomas all improving. Hopefully Zebie, Adekugbe, Grant and Pasher come through. Ledgerwood and De Jong begrudgingly. I think both are past it but their experience will be more useful right now. 

I agree that this is our biggest vulnerability - we're seeing it with the U23s as well. I don't see any of the central defenders easily converting to play RB or LB for the national team although Farmer did it yesterday for the U23s (albeit at LB where Adekugbe should have been).

I agree that this is our biggest vulnerability - we're seeing it with the U23s as well. I don't see any of the central defenders easily converting to play RB or LB for the national team although Farmer did it yesterday for the U23s (albeit at LB where Adekugbe should have been).

Or Zebie. Or Murrell. Floro created a problem where there wasn't one.

Archived