Canada vs. Guatemala (March 26th 2015) ?

aloyol

Are you sure about that?  I thought he was just being loaned for the Charleston game this weekend because TFC have a bye.  I thought he'd be back for the 28th, especially with Morrow potentially out.

It's a loan, so I didn't figure he'd be called back that quick.  http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/03/toronto-fc-loan-seven-players-toronto-fc-ii

But others think otherwise!  Though if he so damn essential for TFC, and given he's in such poor form, I have my doubts he'd be shipped out and then brought back tired.

Given Morgan's poor showing of late, I'd think he'd be better off playing than sitting on the bench.  And we'd be better off he didn't appear on the pitch.  Personally I'd sooner see Lovitz moved back than have Morgan on the pitch again anytime soon.

I certainly don't think that he was held back from the national squad as a favour to Benito!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a loan, so I didn't figure he'd be called back that quick.  http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/03/toronto-fc-loan-seven-players-toronto-fc-ii

But others think otherwise!  Though if he so damn essential for TFC, and given he's in such poor form, I have my doubts he'd be shipped out and then brought back tired.

Given Morgan's poor showing of late, I'd think he'd be better off playing than sitting on the bench.  And we'd be better off he didn't appear on the pitch.  Personally I'd sooner see Lovitz moved back than have Morgan on the pitch again anytime soon.

I certainly don't think that he was held back from the national squad as a favour to Benito!

Not sure why you think he is in poor form.  Greg Vanney does not seem to think that. He is the one that knows his form the best.

Morgan played very little last season, not because he was that bad but because TFC brought in an older more experienced Justin Morrow! A player can't sit on the bench for most of the season and be expected to not show any rust when a sending off or injury throws him back in to the starting lineup, he needs to play and the loan to TFC2 should be good for him!

Not sure why you think he is in poor form.  Greg Vanney does not seem to think that. He is the one that knows his form the best.

Oh, and I'm supposed to trust the questionable judgement of the coach with perhaps both the wost record and highest payroll in TFC managerial history?

Besides, Vanney is the one who sent him to the reserve league.

Morgan played very little last season, not because he was that bad but because TFC brought in an older more experienced Justin Morrow! A player can't sit on the bench for most of the season and be expected to not show any rust when a sending off or injury throws him back in to the starting lineup, he needs to play and the loan to TFC2 should be good for him!

I'm hoping it's good for him, and he actually stays there for a few months, rather than shuttling back to sit on the bench.  But I fear that his day is done, and that he just isn't good enough for MLS (let alone Canada).  But let's see what he does in the 3rd tier ...

Oh, and I'm supposed to trust the questionable judgement of the coach with perhaps both the wost record and highest payroll in TFC managerial history?

You're basing Vanney's abilities as a coach on the games he coached with Nelsen's roster? A roster that was built to not hold possession of the ball?

You're basing Vanney's abilities as a coach on the games he coached with Nelsen's roster? A roster that was built to not hold possession of the ball?

Yes.

The bottom line we have little to judge Vanney on.  He's a rookie. It absurd we drop millions on players, and hire the first rookie coach that walks through the door. So no, I don't trust his judgement.

Either way, I expect his stay will be short, like his 8 predecessors in less than 8 years.

I will take Vanney's opinion over some random person on an internet forum giving no credible reasons. Vanney said he sent him there for the bye week and will be playing in the next TFC game. So ye, Vanney's opinion is the one I am going with.

Morgan is down with TFC 2 for 1 week to get some playing time because he's starting for TFC the following week it's really not a complex transaction.  This is the benefit of having a USL team close by that you can make that kind of movement.

Unfortunately in the past 2 years Morgan has gone from TFC & MNT starter (or at least player on the rise) to 2nd and 2nd or 3rd respectively on the depth chart.  He's MLS caliber but not a starter due to his inconsistent play.

With respect to the lack of NASL players; I don't really understand why we're not giving them a closer look in other camps.  Our player pool isn't especially deep at some positions (RB and GK) and we have some NASL players who are starting at least in those positions.  I would like to hear why Floro doesn't rate them.

Morgan is down with TFC 2 for 1 week to get some playing time because he's starting for TFC the following week it's really not a complex transaction.  This is the benefit of having a USL team close by that you can make that kind of movement.

Unfortunately in the past 2 years Morgan has gone from TFC & MNT starter (or at least player on the rise) to 2nd and 2nd or 3rd respectively on the depth chart.  He's MLS caliber but not a starter due to his inconsistent play.

With respect to the lack of NASL players; I don't really understand why we're not giving them a closer look in other camps.  Our player pool isn't especially deep at some positions (RB and GK) and we have some NASL players who are starting at least in those positions.  I would like to hear why Floro doesn't rate them.

Same here.  

I like to hear from Floro or anyone close to him why NASL players aren't being called up.    

I will take Vanney's opinion over some random person on an internet forum giving no credible reasons. Vanney said he sent him there for the bye week and will be playing in the next TFC game. So ye, Vanney's opinion is the one I am going with.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Ah, I hadn't heard that.  I wouldn't call that opinion though.  The guy might be in over his head, but even I think he can book a return ticket.  You could have mentioned that earlier.  I was referring to Vanney's opinion that Morgan should be anywhere near the backline, which I don't trust!

No credible reasons? Have you seen Morgan play recently? Or last season? Or heck against Iceland. 

Either way, he doesn't deserve to be with Canada currently. And as such I really doubt it was worth Vanney making a deal to keep him out of the current friendlies.  If we need to call up Morgan up currently, we are in deep trouble (I'm not helping my case with that statement though :)  )

Ah, I hadn't heard that.  I wouldn't call that opinion though.  The guy might be in over his head, but even I think he can book a return ticket.  You could have mentioned that earlier.  I was referring to Vanney's opinion that Morgan should be anywhere near the backline, which I don't trust!

No credible reasons? Have you seen Morgan play recently? Or last season? Or heck against Iceland. 

Either way, he doesn't deserve to be with Canada currently. And as such I really doubt it was worth Vanney making a deal to keep him out of the current friendlies.  If we need to call up Morgan up currently, we are in deep trouble (I'm not helping my case with that statement though :)  )

I agree against Iceland and many outings last season he had poor performances and at best he is third string behind De Jong and Adekugbe and falling fast unless he finds a way to have more good performances. But he has had decent performances in pre season and did not make any bad decisions in the last TFC game so I do not think he is lost for the National team. 

Ok. I have to step in here.

Anyone who watched Morgan last season could see that he was in a bad place. His body language, looking at the sidelines. He wasn't the same player he had been previous season. The question is why?

Well, it's pretty apparent that he was out of favor, and considering Ryan Nelsen's personality, that must have been rough. Short form, it's pretty clear he was being treated like shit. His swagger, and confidence was gone. He seemed lost, self-conscious.

For two season he was one of the few bright spots on a TFC team that was full of mediocrity. And they rewarded it by handing his job to Morrow. Adekugbe is untested, De Jong has spent almost three seasons on the bench.

Morgan, when he is fit, and confident, can play box to box for 90' and I don't think you can say that about the other two.

Ok. I have to step in here.

Anyone who watched Morgan last season could see that he was in a bad place. His body language, looking at the sidelines. He wasn't the same player he had been previous season. The question is why?

Well, it's pretty apparent that he was out of favor, and considering Ryan Nelsen's personality, that must have been rough. Short form, it's pretty clear he was being treated like shit. His swagger, and confidence was gone. He seemed lost, self-conscious.

For two season he was one of the few bright spots on a TFC team that was full of mediocrity. And they rewarded it by handing his job to Morrow. Adekugbe is untested, De Jong has spent almost three seasons on the bench.

Morgan, when he is fit, and confident, can play box to box for 90' and I don't think you can say that about the other two.

Wait did you just try to explain why morgan is better than de Jong? Morgan when fit is not better than de jong when fit.

Morgan was on the bench for an MLS team. De jong kn the bench for a bundesliga team. For the same reasons you said morgan had lost confidence, the same could be said for de jong when he was on the bench. It goes both ways.

It's pretty clear that Morgan is too good for USL.  But then again anyone who's an MLS veteran should be.

I actually thought he was pretty average. I don't think he'll be in MLS next year, he's just not that good. Not particularly technical and not explosively fast. They need someone to push Morrow and it's not him.

Archived