Canada vs. Guatemala (March 26th 2015) ?

aloyol

I may come to regret this post but here it goes. Legend has it that our MNT coach said at some point in time that, "you F#@k with your rooster" and I appreciate that someone in the CSA is willing to call at it as they see it. In CONCACAF we need to play against, and get results against, a number of national teams that are fueled by a great big pile of machismo. Whether their  mindset is right or wrong, based on a whole bunch of self aggrandizing delusion or not, is irrelevant as long as they rally around the belief that their team is strong and our team is weaker. It has been said that, "One does not simply walk into Central Mordor.", and I think there may be some wisdom in that. However, I think that if we are ever to get any amount of respect from our regional rivals, we have to show that we are prepared to fornicate with our rooster in Central Mordor rather than retreat like a group of fuzzy felines. The question is, do the northern gringos have the cohones to compete on the away turf?

Benito and company, over to you. 

Brilliant!!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like more than 1 game

@CanadaSoccerEN: We'll have a couple March international matches to announce tomorrow...

Any guesses? Alright, you get one hint: #canMNT #CONCACAF

Excellent news! My guess would be Honduras since they dońt have a game schedule for that window at the moment.

It isn't exactly easy to book games especially when you don't have unlimited funds.   At this point, we just need to play games to build chemistry and gain experience for younger players.   Central America and Caribbean nations aren't going to want to play against Canada all the time and rather play against higher caliber teams (based on FIFA rankings) than Canada.   

Anyone else catch this from the release

"After this camp, the next time Canada will be in action is in June when they’ll kick off qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ with a home-and-away series against either the British Virgin Islands or Dominica."

Shouldn't we be playing in April or May.....

Anyone else catch this from the release

"After this camp, the next time Canada will be in action is in June when they’ll kick off qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ with a home-and-away series against either the British Virgin Islands or Dominica."

Shouldn't we be playing in April or May.....

There's no FIFA window between March 31st and the June window that will see us playing our first WCQ games. Maybe we could arrange a game just before that (at the end of May or early June) but that won't be on a FIFA date.

Great games, I love that we are playing away against the type of opponents we'll be facing in rounds 2 and 3.

Good job CSA!

My only concern is that this indeed will be the last prep game, considering how well thought out the opponent selection is with this one. I REALLY hope they don't get complacent.

Another camp heading into WCQ is MUST, fifa date or no fifa date. We need a 7 to 10 day camp in Alliston, ON for the Overseas guys. They will be in off season so it shouldn't matter that it's not a fifa date.

Take the best from the camp and supplement the roster with MLS guys once they're released. THEN, take the group down to Florida for another friendly against a CONCACAF opponent, before heading to the caribean for our first qualifier!

Great games, I love that we are playing away against the type of opponents we'll be facing in rounds 2 and 3.

Good job CSA!

My only concern is that this indeed will be the last prep game, considering how well thought out the opponent selection is with this one. I REALLY hope they don't get complacent.

Another camp heading into WCQ is MUST, fifa date or no fifa date. We need a 7 to 10 day camp in Alliston, ON for the Overseas guys. They will be in off season so it shouldn't matter that it's not a fifa date.

Take the best from the camp and supplement the roster with MLS guys once they're released. THEN, take the group down to Florida for another friendly against a CONCACAF opponent, before heading to the caribean for our first qualifier!

I think they will try to get some matches before the GC, but as for anything else during that time, who knows.

This is amazing. Good on the CSA. First we wanted central american opponents. Got that with guatemala. Then we wanted concacaf opponents IN their home stadiums. Got that in puerto rico.

Excellent prep for the CSA. Too bad about the fifa international dates few and far between june qualifying. Hopefully we get a full team out there.

Friday March 27th

vs Guatemala in Fort Lauderdale.

Game time: 4:30 PM Eastern Time

Flight from Plattsburgh to FLA departs 1:55 am on 27 March 2015 ( i.e. Thursday night after midnight ) arrives in morning Cost by Spirit Airlines $148.00

Hotel for Friday nite, Satuday and Sunday  ( three days ).

Monday March 30th 

vs  Puerto Rico in Bayamon

Game time 7:30 PM Eastern Time

Flight from Fort Lauderdale departs 11;20 am on 30 March 2015 ( i.e. just before lunch ) arrives at 1:55 pm in San Juan, taxi to near stadium for afternoon drinks then the game. Flight cost $116.00

Hotel one nite in San Juan Monday

Tuesday March 31 Flight San Juan to FLA departs 3:00 PM arrives in Fort Lauderdale at 5:55 flight cost 96.00

Tuesday March 31 Flight FLA to Platsburgh departs 9:45 PM arrives at 12:55 AM ( i.e. just after midnight Tuesday flight cost 103.09

So takes two days vacation ... Friday and Monday.

Flight costs total 463.00 for two games...

Hotels 75.00 per night aveage ( four nights ) 300.00

total 763.00 plus beverages and food.

• 3 weeks later...

I took some creative license and I have a dream Floro works some magic:

Akindele

Ricketts  

Jackson

Hamilton

Petrasso

Hoilett                                                                DeRo                                                               Osorio

Edwini-Bonsu                                                    Carreiro                                                           Tiebert

Boakai                                                                                                                                         Aleman

Hutch                                                      Piette

JDG                                                        Bernier

JGL                                                         

DeJong                                        Vitoria                                                 Henry                                     Jakovic

Morgan                                       Edgar                                                  Hainault                                  Ledgerwood

Straith                                         Gasparotto

Borjan

Hirschfield

Stillo

I'd also add James in there, he is starting regularly in Hungary this season.  I also can't see us leaving off Tissot/Ouimette as they were pretty good in that last match against Iceland.

It would be really nice to see Charlie Trafford too if possible.

I'd also add James in there, he is starting regularly in Hungary this season.  I also can't see us leaving off Tissot/Ouimette as they were pretty good in that last match against Iceland.

It would be really nice to see Charlie Trafford too if possible.

Trafford, Dixon, and Chechinski should all get looks if they are getting regular minutes in  Finland.

Archived