Canada vs. Guatemala (March 26th 2015) ?

aloyol

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is this program going? I don't even know anymore. I had hopes to see Vitoria and Cavallini. Instead we'll get Haber and Jackson. I hate the fact that the CSA's budget is soooooo bad.

What do you expect? Every time a roster is released, you are so exasperated. Do you expect world class players to just fall out of the sky for us right now? We are what we are; a mediocre team with not much talent. Hopefully they can achieve success despite that.

Osorio pretty much has to stay.  He has a secure spot with the team but there are others who are trying to take his spot.    Morgan pretty much couldn't be called up for the same reason.  With Atiba and Henry out injured this is probably as good as it gets for us.  I'm not really surprised with the NASL omissions.  It's pre-season for them so they have important roster spots to earn/retain.

Using that logic, Adekugbe should have stayed behind too. He finally gets a foot in the door to overtake Harvey, and he will miss the first derby of the season, giving Harvey a chance to win the spot back.

Using that logic, Adekugbe should have stayed behind too. He finally gets a foot in the door to overtake Harvey, and he will miss the first derby of the season, giving Harvey a chance to win the spot back.

Ya and using your logic regarding will johnson, Atiba hutchinson will never play for MNT game again. 

You can't throw a blanket over every situation and label them the same. 

What do you expect? Every time a roster is released, you are so exasperated. Do you expect world class players to just fall out of the sky for us right now? We are what we are; a mediocre team with not much talent. Hopefully they can achieve success despite that.

What pisses me off is that there is talent. Why is Eddie Edwards not called in? Or a Mallan Roberts (who is young and is being courted by Sierra Leone)? Or a Charlie Trafford, who got player of the year honours for his team in Finland? Floro ignores good options for guys like Mannella (who I like but has yet to play top level minutes).

We keep saying "I hope we get results" but all it has been is draws and losses since Jamaica. A guy makes his way in Finland or the NASL? Not worth the time for a camp, better call in a college or academy kid who has no pro minutes! Attakora was part of recent camps. All of a sudden he signs with NASL and he's nowhere to be seen. He'll actually get games in NASL!

People here like to act like Canada is a good team that can match up to a El Salvador or a Guatemala when I've yet to see any evidence to support that. We only score off set pieces (barely). The team builds out of the back and then proceeds to lose the ball to the opposition, we rarely create scoring chances. The team is anchored by a 34 year old Julian de Guzman and a 37 year old Dwayne De Rosario, and supplemented by guys like Ledgerwood, Jackson, and Haber, who benchwarming in third division leagues, and who haven't done crap for Canada in a long time. And yet we have people here talking about making the hex and getting to Copa Centroamericana! Score a goal from open play first!

Our U17 and U20 failed to make the WC. We can't afford to have a seperate camp for the U23s.

I love this team to death. I love Canada to death, but I just don't like where this team is headed. Now if you don't agree with me and think everything is coming up Milhouse, well that's great for you. I admire your optimism. I just don't see it.

What pisses me off is that there is talent. Why is Eddie Edwards not called in? Or a Mallan Roberts (who is young and is being courted by Sierra Leone)? Or a Charlie Trafford, who got player of the year honours for his team in Finland? Floro ignores good options for guys like Mannella (who I like but has yet to play top level minutes).

We keep saying "I hope we get results" but all it has been is draws and losses since Jamaica. A guy makes his way in Finland or the NASL? Not worth the time for a camp, better call in a college or academy kid who has no pro minutes! Attakora was part of recent camps. All of a sudden he signs with NASL and he's nowhere to be seen. He'll actually get games in NASL!

People here like to act like Canada is a good team that can match up to a El Salvador or a Guatemala when I've yet to see any evidence to support that. We only score off set pieces (barely). The team builds out of the back and then proceeds to lose the ball to the opposition, we rarely create scoring chances. The team is anchored by a 34 year old Julian de Guzman and a 37 year old Dwayne De Rosario, and supplemented by guys like Ledgerwood, Jackson, and Haber, who benchwarming in third division leagues, and who haven't done crap for Canada in a long time. And yet we have people here talking about making the hex and getting to Copa Centroamericana! Score a goal from open play first!

Our U17 and U20 failed to make the WC. We can't afford to have a seperate camp for the U23s.

I love this team to death. I love Canada to death, but I just don't like where this team is headed. Now if you don't agree with me and think everything is coming up Milhouse, well that's great for you. I admire your optimism. I just don't see it.

Calling in eddie edwards and mallan roberts isnt going to send us to the world cup. 

And uh De Ro is done. 

So what do you suggest we do? Everyone whine and complain on this board like you? Will that get us to the world cup?

Ya and using your logic regarding will johnson, Atiba hutchinson will never play for MNT game again. 

You can't throw a blanket over every situation and label them the same. 

I think you're getting me confused, I haven't made any posts about Will Johnson.

Also, I don't actually think that Adekugbe should have stayed behind. I was just trying to point out the faulty logic as well. Osorio should be in camp. The only person I think that has a legit reason to miss is Monsalve.

Hex or bust!

Unless some fence sitters, and I mean all of fence sitters join the program, this qualifying cycle is going to be over pretty quickly for us. Hell, even last cycle we had a viable option in Oliver Occean up front, now we have a Jackson, Haber and Ricketts, it makes my head hurt. How many other countries are looking ahead to 2022 already?

What I would probably do...

------------MB-----------

--AH---DJ---DE---SA--

-------RT------SP-------

--SJ---------------MdJ--

--------MH--------------

-------------REB--------

IMO:

- Henry injury is a big blow, plus large gaps left by the absence of Hutch and Osario.

- Perplexed why Bernier not called, given lack of experienced central midfielders who can both defend and move the ball up the pitch. I guess Floro still favours JDG for this role... and god we need Will Johnson back!

I think you're getting me confused, I haven't made any posts about Will Johnson.

Also, I don't actually think that Adekugbe should have stayed behind. I was just trying to point out the faulty logic as well. Osorio should be in camp. The only person I think that has a legit reason to miss is Monsalve.

oops sorry. wrong quote. meant to quote battalion

Unless some fence sitters, and I mean all of fence sitters join the program, this qualifying cycle is going to be over pretty quickly for us. Hell, even last cycle we had a viable option in Oliver Occean up front, now we have a Jackson, Haber and Ricketts, it makes my head hurt. How many other countries are looking ahead to 2022 already?

Well we still have occean up front...

BB - your posts baffle me everytime my friend.

Put me in the camp that's not upset with a lack of NASL/Finnish league players. If they get a look - great! If not, no big deal. It's not like they are going to get us to the WC. Unless those guys are absolutely tearing it up at that level, I don't think they're worth getting upset over.

Occean will be 34 this year. Not too viable a year or two from now likely. Plus his suspension...

Well suspension is done after june. Only 2 games left. If hes scoring regularly in scandanavia and the best we got then i dont see why not. De guzman is the same age and unattached and still gets call ups.

Are these the last friendlies before WCQ?

Yes.

Though I'd hope the WCQ games against Dominica are more of a Gold Cup warm-up than a challenging competition!

Hopefully by the time we get to some serious matches in the fall (or late summer if we have a bad draw) we'll have a consistent squad! 

Morgan pretty much couldn't be called up for the same reason.  

Morgan?  Morgan isn't even with TFC any more.  He's been officially loaned to Toronto FC II of the USL, and isn't available to Toronto FC on March 28th.

Which is likely a good thing, given how poor he looked last week. Hopefully with some consistent playing time, he'll become more dependable.

Morgan?  Morgan isn't even with TFC any more.  He's been officially loaned to Toronto FC II of the USL, and isn't available to Toronto FC on March 28th.

Are you sure about that?  I thought he was just being loaned for the Charleston game this weekend because TFC have a bye.  I thought he'd be back for the 28th, especially with Morrow potentially out.

Archived