Canada vs. Guatemala (March 26th 2015) ?

aloyol

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and then there's this suggesting he's in the match squad (4th from the left):

CAecp8NUgAEq1mL.jpg

He's probably fit for the bench. But not 100% and not starting. Club probably wanted him to stay there during international break to rehab 100%. We'll know in 30 minutes if hes in the starting 11 or on the bench. 

Pretty happy with the squad but would've liked to see Aleman. Not a total disaster since he needs as many matches as he can get and he'll get that in Costa Rica.

Morgan's omission could be seen in serveral ways. On one hand, he's far from a sure selection ever since he lost his starting role at TFC last season. On the other hand, he'll be starting in Morrow's absense next match.

I wonder if Aird was called? I mean, it is debatable whether or not he even cracks this particular squad, but I just wonder where things stand...

Given the shortage of regular CM's (and Julian probably not in match shape), I was surprised not to see Osorio, Pacheco and/or Straith. Osorio has been discussed already. Not sure if the other two are carrying injuries of have club conflicts (or were just coach's decisions). Otherwise, most of the roster is pretty much as expected.

Question:  Maybe I missed it but is Hirschfeld currently playing? If so, I wonder if Kenny has surpassed him on the pecking order.

Given the shortage of regular CM's (and Julian probably not in match shape), I was surprised not to see Osorio, Pacheco and/or Straith. Osorio has been discussed already. Not sure if the other two are carrying injuries of have club conflicts (or were just coach's decisions). Otherwise, most of the roster is pretty much as expected.

I think CM might be covered okay.  JdG is a Floro favourite, as is Piette.  Also, with all three of Jakovic, Edgar and Hainault called (as well as James), I'm betting either Jakovic or Edgar slot into the regular Straith role or Teibert plays pretty well there with VWFC.  Bekker is around to provide that offensive push.

Yup, it's the CSA's low budget that made Vitoria turn his back on Canada to play for Portugal. It's the CSA's low budget that has made Cavallini turn down many callups in the last 2 years (to the point where Floro had said no more callups for Cavallini for the immediate future)

Your anger is misdirected here.

Yup, it's the CSA's low budget that made Vitoria turn his back on Canada to play for Portugal. It's the CSA's low budget that has made Cavallini turn down many callups in the last 2 years (to the point where Floro had said no more callups for Cavallini for the immediate future)

Your anger is misdirected here.

Actually they were two seperate points. Stand by my disappoitment though.

Where is this program going? I don't even know anymore. I had hopes to see Vitoria and Cavallini. Instead we'll get Haber and Jackson. I hate the fact that the CSA's budget is soooooo bad.

Why?  Were you impressed with how well he fell over and let his man go to score Real Salt Lake's second goal against Philadelphia last weekend?

Osorio pretty much has to stay.  He has a secure spot with the team but there are others who are trying to take his spot.    Morgan pretty much couldn't be called up for the same reason.  With Atiba and Henry out injured this is probably as good as it gets for us.  I'm not really surprised with the NASL omissions.  It's pre-season for them so they have important roster spots to earn/retain.

Osorio pretty much has to stay.  He has a secure spot with the team but there are others who are trying to take his spot.    Morgan pretty much couldn't be called up for the same reason.  With Atiba and Henry out injured this is probably as good as it gets for us.  I'm not really surprised with the NASL omissions.  It's pre-season for them so they have important roster spots to earn/retain.

So by your logic if a player doesn't have his spot locked down he can never play for the NT?

Archived