January 2015 Transfer Talk

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read that Besiktas have completed the signing of Hamburg midfielder Tolgay Arslan -  wonder what this means for Hutch this close to the deadline.

Gunners were also monitoring the 24 year old from Hamburg. 

There are a few articles in Turkish, but don't see Hutch's name mentioned in any English papers.

Just read that Besiktas have completed the signing of Hamburg midfielder Tolgay Arslan -  wonder what this means for Hutch this close to the deadline.

Hutchinson is a free at the end of the season which helps the move, but even there, I think that Hutchinson will lose playing time because of Arslan, and also of other foreign signings. Arslan would start alongside Hutchinson. Also even with the possibliity of fileding 6 foreign players, the team is loaded with 5 defenders including 3 centre backs plus 2 mids and 1 forward. I do think that it would be possible for Hutchinson to miss games here and there in Turkey, but Hutch will still be the starter. Also, Arslan is not yet officially signed, so I would wait until they confirm so.

Hutchinson is a free at the end of the season which helps the move, but even there, I think that Hutchinson will lose playing time because of Arslan, and also of other foreign signings. Arslan would start alongside Hutchinson. Also even with the possibliity of fileding 6 foreign players, the team is loaded with 5 defenders including 3 centre backs plus 2 mids and 1 forward. I do think that it would be possible for Hutchinson to miss games here and there in Turkey, but Hutch will still be the starter. Also, Arslan is not yet officially signed, so I would wait until they confirm so.

Arslan is pretty crap and couldn't make it in Germany, so I am not convinced that he will actually threaten Hutchinson's position.

Arslan is pretty crap and couldn't make it in Germany, so I am not convinced that he will actually threaten Hutchinson's position.

But Arslan isn't a foreign player in Turkey. If they believe that Hutchinson is not that much better than Kavlak and Arslan than foreign defenders versus the Turkish defenders, then Atiba would watch the game from the stands. I do think that this becomes a possibility that Hutchinson is not in the 18 and fully fit, because of the other foreign signings.

But Arslan isn't a foreign player in Turkey. If they believe that Hutchinson is not that much better than Kavlak and Arslan than foreign defenders versus the Turkish defenders, then Atiba would watch the game from the stands. I do think that this becomes a possibility that Hutchinson is not in the 18 and fully fit, because of the other foreign signings.

Didn't they got rid of domestic player quotas in Turkey and you can field an all foreign 11 now?

Nice. Somehow they couldn't appreciate his skills in MLS, hope he'll be able to have a good season in Europe again.

I wouldn't sum things up like that at all. As much as we love our national team players we have to honestly assess their abilities. Issey is an above average creative player by both Canadian and MLS standards which usually makes a player popular and often more popular than they deserve. However, his creativity is often not very productive because he is not that great of a finisher and his final pass is often lacking. Defensively he is poor. At the MLS level he is a sub who can start games if you have some injuries and not be out of place. He is not really the level to be a first choice MLS starter though. He was fairly well paid (by MLS standards) for a backup player and did not seem to have a very good attitude judging by some of the comments he made publicly (and if that is what he said publicly how was he acting behind closed doors). I don't think this is a case of MLS not appreciating or underestimating his abilities. I think it is a case of a borderline MLS level player who signed a fairly high wage contract for his playing abilities and did not have a great attitude getting cut. 

Yup... But Jacob Peterson man... He's an excellent MLS player... 

Sorry, I don't buy it. There are tons of MLS players that make around Issey's wage (110k) who were not as creative or as efficient or any better at all. Look at that Rapids roster. 

LaBrocca - 135k

Mwanga - 130k

Sturgis - 115k

I would rate Issey equal any of those guys, if not better. The examples around the league are all over the place. At the end of the day, MLS teams, like yourself, chose not to rate those skills or felt they didn't fit. 

I thought Issey was a real good fit at TFC, he was a proper winger who could cross the ball and nip in with a few goals, he was becoming a fan favourite but management figured they needed another DM instead and brought in Warner who I don't rate at all! I know it didn't work out well for Issey at the Impact, it's too bad TFC didn't keep him because he was doing well there!

What's interesting about Issey is the same complaint I'd have about Oduro at TFC or Nyassi previously at the Impact.   Typical wingers with speed and some skill.  But none are great finishers, and at a certain point in MLS, there have to be some goals, or else some quality crosses that lead to goals. Oduro is going to have to show he can swing some balls on the head of the new DP, because he doesn't offer much tracking back.  Issey wasn't about speed, but he needed a more complete game (like Tissot perhaps?) to stay on the field.

But...his play DID lead to goals at TFC...I'm confused...

That was the point I was making, I think Issey was by far the best wing option the team had because he could send in a proper cross, Jackson and Oduro were fairly ineffective at that!

speaking of which...Oduro to IMFC? 

Here's a question - why doesn't IMFC push to bring Gilberto to Montreal?  We have a DP spot, we need a striker, and taking TFC DPs seems to have worked out well for Laba in Vancouver?

Here's a question - why doesn't IMFC push to bring Gilberto to Montreal?  We have a DP spot, we need a striker, and taking TFC DPs seems to have worked out well for Laba in Vancouver?

What would Montreal have to offer TFC that would make them do that?  Rumour is that Club America and clubs in Brazil are willing to pay a high fee for him. 

1) I doubt MTL could match those $ in "MLS assets" or whatever else they trade in the league (If I'm TFC I would want Mapp + Allocation)

2) TFC would be too scared to see Gilberto score 20 goals for Montreal

What would Montreal have to offer TFC that would make them do that?  Rumour is that Club America and clubs in Brazil are willing to pay a high fee for him. 

1) I doubt MTL could match those $ in "MLS assets" or whatever else they trade in the league (If I'm TFC I would want Mapp + Allocation)

2) TFC would be too scared to see Gilberto score 20 goals for Montreal

He's currently in Brazil and wants a move back to his home country.

Most likely, Toronto doesn't want give out more gifts by trading away their young DP's to  MLS rivals like Montreal.   TFC got burn twice already (Urruti and Laba) so they have learned their lesson and sold Gilberto overseas to get some money (both real and allocation) from transfer.   

Archived