January 2015 Transfer Talk

I'm not entirely sure but I think that his suspension only applies to competitive games, so he would be eligible to return to the program after the Gold Cup. Having said that, I think that Olivier burned some serious bridges with the CSA (not just with Stephen Hart), so I've pretty much considered his national team career to be over. I would be extremely surprised to ever see him back again.

He's also 33.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Occéan would be available for Canada for the last Gold Cup group stage game asuming that French Guiana loses to Honduras or that Canada doesn't get French Guiana in its first two games. I do think that what happened for him to get a 6 game ban is the reason I can't really see him back with the national team. He didn't get a 6 game ban for his red card. Maybe one game for that. If Occéan scores for fun at Odd, he could be back.

I'm not entirely sure but I think that his suspension only applies to competitive games, so he would be eligible to return to the program after the Gold Cup. Having said that, I think that Olivier burned some serious bridges with the CSA (not just with Stephen Hart), so I've pretty much considered his national team career to be over. I would be extremely surprised to ever see him back again.

Agreed. I think there was much skepticism to his 'injury', add in his comments about training with Fonseca still involved with the program - IMO we won't see him back.

While I am pumped about our young attacking prospects, such as Hamilton and Larin, I would welcome back a 33/34 year old Occean if he displays an incredible strike rate in Norway.

They say "if you're young enough, you're good enough". I believe that holds true for the older guys as well.

sure thing Prince Andrew.  :D

I'm guessing OO is technically under contract with Frankfurt until July, but that he was told a while ago that he was free to find a new club and maybe took a wage cut or something (without actually mutually terminating the contract).  

Because Frankfurt still hold his registration, the first 6 months in Norway will be structured as a loan before a new 18-month contract comes into play at the end of the loan.

sure thing Prince Andrew.   :D

I'm guessing OO is technically under contract with Frankfurt until July, but that he was told a while ago that he was free to find a new club and maybe took a wage cut or something (without actually mutually terminating the contract).  

Because Frankfurt still hold his registration, the first 6 months in Norway will be structured as a loan before a new 18-month contract comes into play at the end of the loan.

He definitely didn't take a wage cut, that would be pointless.  He's on loan so whatever his contract with Frankfurt pays him he gets guaranteed, it's just a matter of what % Odd is paying.  I assume that Odd is covering whatever amount Occean will be paid throughout the new deal that starts in July and Frankfurt is covering the excess wages until July.

Strange  - Hutch could be useful to a number of teams in the EPL - but West Ham especially given their position and loss of African players in the next month.

But Bestikas has a chance at a title, so that must be worth something in Turkey.

Actually Alex Song wasn't selected by Cameroon.  (Being a Barca pine rider trumps being a factor in the Premiership apparently?) This will be a definite factor in West Ham's interest level in Hutch.

Anyway, Song was so butt-hurt by his exclusion he subsequently has immediately retired from international football.   

Personally I think that puts a wrap on the Hutch to West Ham rumors.

Actually Alex Song wasn't selected by Cameroon.  (Being a Barca pine rider trumps being a factor in the Premiership apparently?) This will be a definite factor in West Ham's interest level in Hutch.

Anyway, Song was so butt-hurt by his exclusion he subsequently has immediately retired from international football.   

Personally I think that puts a wrap on the Hutch to West Ham rumors.

Song was indeed a late call up yesterday to the Cameroon squad, that's why he wasn't in the lineup for the FA Cup match.

http://talksport.com/football/west-ham-without-song-until-february-midfielder-gets-late-africa-cup-nations-call

Now it seems he DID make a u-turn after this and retire from international footy.

Ah, I honestly don't think league one is beyond Hume, considering he's scored plenty of goals there.

Would be awesome to see him in MLS. Could see him doing well in the SPL. Don't want to see him anywhere near Germany after Jackson's experience.

Ah, I honestly don't think league one is beyond Hume, considering he's scored plenty of goals there.

Would be awesome to see him in MLS. Could see him doing well in the SPL. Don't want to see him anywhere near Germany after Jackson's experience.

Humey is more than capable of League 1(not Ligue 1). Id like to see him in the SPL(if Terry can play there surely Hume can) or Championship (wishful thinking I know). MLS would be a decent option for the right price as well. 

Better question... when does Hume get brought back into the national team picture. I personally would love to see him in the mix against Iceland and the GC. Seriously, which other striker is scoring right now? (that actually wants to show up for us)

• 2 weeks later...

De Jong apparently banned from training, and "released" from Augsburg due to his displeasure. Not sure if this means his contract will be terminated or they are seeking a transfer fee for him.

http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/sport/fc-augsburg/FCA-stellt-Marcel-de-Jong-frei-id32719842.html

Aaarrrrrggggg.  Can we please get just 1 piece of good news.  Just 1.  I'm not asking for much.  Someone signed for a first team in Finland ... anything FFS.

Archived