January 2015 Transfer Talk

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably Atiba's last change for a move to the Premier League. His stock is as high as its ever been with Wenger praising him and strong performances for Besiktas.  I think he should take it even if his playing time diminishes. He's worked his whole career for the oppurtunity. If its a collosal failure move back to Besiktas or PSV. Heck he can always walk onto an MLS team.

Whats going on with Borjan, Jackson, De Jong, Edgar. All of which could possibly move in January.

Really hoping De Jong will sign for an Eredivisie team. Although, it would be nice to have most of our players in English speaking countries, just for the sake of streaming their games. 

Hutch signing with West Ham would be pretty cool because it would give me a reason to actually watch the Premier League, and it would be a whole lot easier to catch his games. Having the best Canadian player, playing in the most high profile league in the world would probably be good for the program as well. 

Hutchinson always switched clubs on a free, but this might be the exception. He's always expressed his desire to play in the EPL and as others have said - his stock is at an all-time high.

As a fan, part of me wants to see him remain at Besiktas.With Demba Ba in their squad, I really do feel this is the year they reclaim the Turkish Super Lig crown. A deep run in Europa league is also possible, based on their performances against Arsenal, Spurs and others.

That being said, I think making the sacrifice and leaving things behind in Turkey will be well worth it. I think he can do well in England and he'll surely get his minutes at West Ham. Even if things go sideways, moving to another respectable club shouldn't be too hard once he gets his foot in the EPL door, whether that be in England or elsewhere (La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Hutchinson always switched clubs on a free, but this might be the exception. He's always expressed his desire to play in the EPL and as others have said - his stock is at an all-time high.

As a fan, part of me wants to see him remain at Besiktas.With Demba Ba in their squad, I really do feel this is the year they reclaim the Turkish Super Lig crown. A deep run in Europa league is also possible, based on their performances against Arsenal, Spurs and others.

That being said, I think making the sacrifice and leaving things behind in Turkey will be well worth it. I think he can do well in England and he'll surely get his minutes at West Ham. Even if things go sideways, moving to another respectable club shouldn't be too hard once he gets his foot in the EPL door, whether that be in England or elsewhere (La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc)

Does Hutch have an EU passport? Because if he doesn't no way he gets into England. Canada is too low in the rankings for him to even be considered for a work permit.

That doesn't make sense, why would Canada's ranking restrict him from playing in England? Hutchinson is an established international. There are several other EPL players (from low ranking soccer nations) without EU passports that play in the EPL.

Because last time I checked a national team had to be top 80 for its player to be considered for a work permit. Who are some of these players you mentioned?

West Ham can appeal and claim that Hutch is an "exceptional talent" and that should work...

That is what I was referring to, just couldn't remember the process to circumvent that issue.

IIRC, West ham centre back winston ried is a new zealand international without an EU passport.

I think you're right on that one actually.

Regardless, I doubt that Hutchinson will have any trouble qualifying as an exceptional talent, when you consider he's played in the champions league proper, and in several europa league campaings with Copenhagen, PSV and now Besiktas.

I wonder what the exceptions are generally based on. I can't remember but, did Hoilett have an issue with this or no? Agudelo couldn't get into England because he hadn't played in 80% of USA's fixtures or something.

I think you're right on that one actually.

Regardless, I doubt that Hutchinson will have any trouble qualifying as an exceptional talent, when you consider he's played in the champions league proper, and in several europa league campaings with Copenhagen, PSV and now Besiktas.

I wonder what the exceptions are generally based on. I can't remember but, did Hoilett have an issue with this or no? Agudelo couldn't get into England because he hadn't played in 80% of USA's fixtures or something.

Not sure on how Hoilett got into England, maybe his parents moved there or something. You are correct on the Agudelo thing. He's wasting his career. Apparently he rejected a contract from Werder Bremen because he is deadset on England, even though he can't get in no matter how hard he tries.

That's pretty dumb on his part. Werder Bremen would have been a fantastic move for him.

As far as I know, Hoilett's parents still live in Canada, and never moved to England with him at any point. I am pretty sure he was cleared as an exceptional talent(based on his exploits at St. Pauli in the B2).

If anyone cares to dig up Hoilett's past (I certainly do not), we'd have a measuring stick. Hutchinson is a much more accomplished player so if Hoilett got in this way, Atiba wil have no problem.

At 18 Hoilett had to move to Germany to continue playing and developing.  This was because he couldn't stay in England, his work visa was rejected.  I can't remember how long he was in Germany, but that is how long it took to get him a work permit.  When Hoilett went to England as a teenager originally, there wasn't the same restrictions as there are now about moving to another country to play in an academy.  Those restrictions put in place by FIFA happened towards the end of Hoilett's first time in England.

Sunil Chetri compared to Hutchinson is night and day. The biggest clubs he has played for are Sporting B (and only made 3 appearances) and Kansas City wizards (where he never saw the field once). That's a stark contrast for sure.

Wanyama falls into that category for sure. Kenya are as dreadful as we are. He came from Celtic so I am assuming he was except as a special talent.

Hammers have been excellent this season - this would be reason to finally visit Upton park in the new year.

As for Bestikas, it would be a shame that this would hurt their chances on a Europa Cup title or the Turkish league.  So it goes...

Bermudans have UK citizenship

Exceptional talent at 31 is going to be a tough sell. Most players that end up getting a work permit through exceptional talent clause is younger IIRC

Is this because the exceptional talent clause is descriminates against older players? I am honestly asking because I do not fully understand the rules.

Shouldn't "exceptional talent" be valid regardless of age?

Is this because the exceptional talent clause is descriminates against older players? I am honestly asking because I do not fully understand the rules.

Shouldn't "exceptional talent" be valid regardless of age?

I don't think it's discrimination due to age. I can't think of any recent transfer to an EPL club of an older player using exceptional talent clause. UK has made getting work permit so much harder than before. Hutch would have to convince the appeals committee why he'd add so much to UK football, and considering his int and playing career has been average compared to guys who do win their appeals (20 mil transfer fee guys), I doubt that Hutch will get a work permit. Hell, Marco Rojo had so much trouble getting his work permit, and you'd think he'd be a sure in

Archived