January 2015 Transfer Talk

I was part of a fanclub that sponsored Josh Simpson when he was with Millwall.  For $250 (or something like that), the fanclub got their name in the program and got a meet and greet with Josh.  They gave me the Millwall jersey he signed.  It's really worthwhile and pretty neat.

Worth the $250 right there, IMO

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also says this is his last day to find a new club in Germany before the transfer window closes and that 1860 is no longer in the picture.

I read it but I don't believe it. If he's terminated his contract he is a free agent (and can sign outside of the window). 

I read it but I don't believe it. If he's terminated his contract he is a free agent (and can sign outside of the window). 

In Germany the free transfer deadline is the same day as the transfer deadline so he wouldn't be able to sign outside the window for another German club.

I've got this on Issey from a great article in French that talks about his passion as a painter.

http://www.sofoot.com/issey-nakajima-farran-le-peintre-footballeur-195643.html

I'll go more on the last pararagraph:

He got fired from Montreal without any explanation. He's right now in Barcelona to see what his next move footballing-wise is. He doesn't really know what his next move will be.

I've got this on Issey from a great article in French that talks about his passion as a painter.

http://www.sofoot.com/issey-nakajima-farran-le-peintre-footballeur-195643.html

I'll go more on the last pararagraph:

He got fired from Montreal without any explanation. He's right now in Barcelona to see what his next move footballing-wise is. He doesn't really know what his next move will be.

Funny..he seems to spend a lot of off-season/ out of contract time in Spain but never had a Spanish contract and has no Spanish-speaking family that I know of (his wife, maybe?). Maybe he should get a contract there in the third tier or in the second Portuguese division or something, just to see out his career somewhere he likes.

Assuming he has plans. Feels like he's retired from club play. Haven't heard anything in months that sounds like he'd been looking for a club. At least Straith was linked with a # of places.

I'd love for TFC to sign him to a 1-year contract until he figures his shit out. Would be great depth at DM in the event Cheyrou goes down.

I'd love for TFC to sign him to a 1-year contract until he figures his shit out. Would be great depth at DM in the event Cheyrou goes down.

Lets be serious.  Julian > Cheyrou easy.  But the current powers-that-be at TFC do not care about Canadian soccer and will not sign any #CMNT vets. 

Lets be serious.  Julian > Cheyrou easy.  But the current powers-that-be at TFC do not care about Canadian soccer and will not sign any #CMNT vets. 

I thought you said let's be serious?  There is no way Julian is better than Cheyrou any way you spin it.  

Julian hasn't played at a top level team since 2009, Cheyrou just left Marseille with UCL experience and 3 Ligue 1 team of the year awards.  Sure those were a long time ago but not nearly as long ago as Julian's 2007-2008 season which was the only/last time he performed consistently at a top level.

I'm assuming that's sarcasm, but I can't blame you for failing to detect it!

Yeah, Julian is not as good but as a back up he'd be great, because I think he'd still start on many of the teams in the league. I do not think JDG is very far removed from the player who was starting for FCD two and a half years ago.

Archived