January 2015 Transfer Talk

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is good news. Glad he is out of that hell hole. Hope to see him sign in Holland or belgium or something like that.

Yes, but there really isn't much time left in the transfer window.  If he can get a club and play until the GC, great.  I'm more worried that he joins Unattached FC for the next 5 months and then has to play for us in WCQ and the GC.

Wage demands probably have something to do with it. And he was playing tier 3 in Germany so tier 2 in Austria is comparable. Seems in line with his previous level. 

I want to know just how much he was making in D3 Germany. Can't be much

I want to know just how much he was making in D3 Germany. Can't be much

Better than whatever the MLS teams were offering him apparently. He doesn't have much stock. He's been out of contract for like 8 months. He could have been playing top flight ball close to home but looks like he'd rather be in Europe. Even second-third divison Europe.

Thing is whatever they were paying him they were probably providing free living accomadations and expenses and maybe even a free car. Wouldnt be the casee in north america

just curious, do you know this as a fact? I don't mean to sound antagonistic, I'm honestly asking if a club like TFC with all their KIAs kicking around wouldn't provide the same hook ups a D3 austrian squad would.

He'd be too expensive for them. And he's injury prone.

Well that's perfect for MLS..

To come to MLS from a top league you are either overpaid, washed up or injury prone. ;)

Oh but according to Tim Bez Giovinco's contract was "market value" when you factor in the transfer fee that clubs were willing to pay.  Hey Tim, the transfer fee for players with expiring contracts i.e. Giovinco would probably be ~3 million... not 24 million.

Yes, but there really isn't much time left in the transfer window. If he can get a club and play until the GC, great. I'm more worried that he joins Unattached FC for the next 5 months and then has to play for us in WCQ and the GC.

The transfer window - does it also include players who sign on a free? If he's been released maybe he can sign with whomever he wishes.

MLS would be an interesting move but he'd have to take a pay cut because he wouldn't warrent a DP contract.

Well that's perfect for MLS..

To come to MLS from a top league you are either overpaid, washed up or injury prone. ;)

Oh but according to Tim Bez Giovinco's contract was "market value" when you factor in the transfer fee that clubs were willing to pay.  Hey Tim, the transfer fee for players with expiring contracts i.e. Giovinco would probably be ~3 million... not 24 million.

24 million? 

if TFC get Giovinco in July he will come over as a free transfer. zero dollars. 

24 million? 

if TFC get Giovinco in July he will come over as a free transfer. zero dollars. 

Read the post again.  I understand that.

Tim Bez was saying that his contract was high but that it was okay because TFC didn't have to pay a transfer fee, if you do the math for TFC's deal to equate to a team that paid a transfer fee + his market value (current salary) means the transfer fee would be roughly 24 million.

Giovinco with TFC = 6 years, $42 million

Giovinco market in Europe = 6 years, $18 million (generous)

$42M - $18M = $24M transfer fee to make those two deals equal

Guy is such a little weasel, talks down to the media like they don't know anything and the media is too stupid to call him out on the BS.

Tim Bez was saying that his contract was high but that it was okay because TFC didn't have to pay a transfer fee, if you do the math for TFC's deal to equate to a team that paid a transfer fee + his market value (current salary) means the transfer fee would be roughly 24 million.

Guy is such a little weasel, talks down to the media like they don't know anything and the media is too stupid to call him out on the BS.

Well I don't agree with that last point at all.

I've heard his contact is 4 years and other sources 5 years. Never heard 6. At most 5 years would be 35 mil. And the first year would be pro rated to half a season aka 31.5 mil in total salary. 

Giovinco was earning 2.2 million euros a year after taxes. So he was already fetching 3 mill a year in Cdn dollars in europe. That 6 years at 18 mil you stated isn't generous. I think that would be his market value. Maybe on a 4 yr instead of 6 year contract though. 

Not sure if this is the best place for it, but Red Nation Online is reporting that Nana Attakora is close to signing with the New York Cosmos

Apparently its official. Now that hes not part of unattached fc and part of the NASL floro wont be calling him up anymorr.... Thats how it works right?

Archived