canMNT vs Panama- Friendly Roster (Nov18)

king1010

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last update we had came from YB I believe and it was that Josh was going to resume training in Aug 2014. That never happened and I don't think we've heard anything since.

Pretty sure he is no longer part of the first team at YB. Unfortunately it looks like the end has come for him. What a horrible way to end a career, he was such an exciting player and playing for a top swiss team after a good few years on a mid level turkish team.

Sorry for continuing the Josh Simpson hijack of this thread, but this article was interesting (and mildly encouraging) - http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/simpson-works-on-comeback-in-soccer-after-devastating-injury-1.759966

Cripes. Didn't notice that the article was dated last December. Apologies again.

Yeah this seems to be the last update I've seen  :(

Pretty sure he is no longer part of the first team at YB. Unfortunately it looks like the end has come for him. What a horrible way to end a career, he was such an exciting player and playing for a top swiss team after a good few years on a mid level turkish team.

His contract expires next June.

I'm thinking we'll see this. Maybe.

Borjan

Ledgerwood     Edgar    Henry    Tissot

De Guzman

Osorio     Teibert      Hutchinson      Issey

Ricketts 

or maybe

Borjan

Henry/Ouimette        Edgar         Henry/Ouimette       Morgan

De Guzman

Issey            Teibert            Hutchinson             Tissot

Ricketts

^^^ pretty decent lineup. Midfield looks strong. Amazing what coming back to MLS has done for Issey and his National Team appearances.

He was a little ticked off being traded away from Toronto so suddenly. Hopefully he can stay on at MTL for a couple of solid years.

^^^ pretty decent lineup. Midfield looks strong. Amazing what coming back to MLS has done for Issey and his National Team appearances.

He was a little ticked off being traded away from Toronto so suddenly. Hopefully he can stay on at MTL for a couple of solid years.

TFC was stupid to trade him. We created a winger problem when we traded him away.

I'm thinking we'll see this. Maybe.

Borjan

Ledgerwood     Edgar    Henry    Tissot

De Guzman

Osorio     Teibert      Hutchinson      Issey

Ricketts 

or maybe

Borjan

Henry/Ouimette        Edgar         Henry/Ouimette       Morgan

De Guzman

Issey            Teibert            Hutchinson             Tissot

Ricketts

I don't see Teibert starting.  More likely to see Straith again in front of the back four. 

Issey didn't seem to happy with his playing time at the Impact's end of the year press conference. Kind of took a dig a Klopas, I'd be a little surprised to see him back next year, but I'd be very happy.

Looks like Tissot is going to be playing more as a winger/midfielder than a LB:

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2014/11/tissot-et-lequipe-nationale

Issey didn't seem to happy with his playing time at the Impact's end of the year press conference. Kind of took a dig a Klopas, I'd be a little surprised to see him back next year, but I'd be very happy.

Looks like Tissot is going to be playing more as a winger/midfielder than a LB:

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2014/11/tissot-et-lequipe-nationale

lol. what is it with Issey? rumour is that he got traded out of Toronto because of attitude and now also in Mtl?

Archived