canMNT vs Panama- Friendly Roster (Nov18)

king1010

I figured since the game is 3 weeks away we'll start hearing about roster news shortly.

John Molinaro tweets that Osorio is commited to the national team and expects to be called up vs. Panama.

Osorio says fully committed to #canMNT. Expects to be called up for Panama game. #tfc

Also looks like DeRo is in

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN 11 mins11 minutes ago

De Rosario says he plans to suit up for Canada @ Panama.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's take our best roster and kick some ass down there!

What about Tesho? a couple of months ago it was said that this game would be telling about his intentions...

I imagine if Vancouver eliminates Dallas, his intentions will be pretty well known whether or not he ends up at camp

I wish we would schedule another friendly. Canada needs to play as many games as they can during these breaks. The other CONCACAF nations typically play two.

baby steps. not too long ago we wouldn't be playing at all during international breaks.

besides I'd rather have a full week of training with 1 game where Floro can work his wonders and instill his system as opposed to 2 games that cut into training time.

With WCQ and Gold cup and hopefully copa America around the corner, we're going to have more games than we can handle

baby steps. not too long ago we wouldn't be playing at all during international breaks.

besides I'd rather have a full week of training with 1 game where Floro can work his wonders and instill his system as opposed to 2 games that cut into training time.

With WCQ and Gold cup and hopefully copa America around the corner, we're going to have more games than we can handle

This exactly. If Benito & Sons is around for a while than I'd rather more training now to build the framework of a great squad that will last.

I think Floro plans to put DeRo and Hutch in, Hutch more often due to his current level of awesomeness, but both (along with JDG) to help nurture the new crop.

He probably wants the young guys to win the position from the supposedly 'too old' players and not just gift it to them. 

He hasn't been a main player for the Whitecaps all year. Teibert though was very important in their recent run. Koffie was also very good though, last night and when he had his chances. Still thought Teibert would have seen the field but I guess Robinson didn't want the Canadian Soccer Jesus on his side.

He hasn't been a main player for the Whitecaps all year. Teibert though was very important in their recent run. Koffie was also very good though, last night and when he had his chances. Still thought Teibert would have seen the field but I guess Robinson didn't want the Canadian Soccer Jesus on his side.

So that's what CSJ stands for.

Yes.  Looks like Floro runs some intense training sessions during our camps:

Nakajima-Farran is one of the players who has looked very good in Canada’s recent matches while playing under Benito Floro and it is clear that the attack minder winger has developed a strong sense of belief in the difference that the Spanish head coach has made while being at the helm of the Canadian squad for just over a year. 

“I think it has been a big difference and a big change with respect to how things are progressing with the national team,” he explained. “The way that Benito teaches us his philosophy, it’s more than I have ever experienced with any other coach. It’s not just high pressing – there are stages in the high press and plan B’s during those high presses, when to fall back and when to re-press. We do two training sessions per day and two video sessions per day.” 

“It was never like that previously with the national team,” he added. “It was just morning training and then the afternoon off, just like it is at the club level. But Benito really puts in the time to teach us his philosophy and he is trying to spread that to a lot of players instead of just the core that used to come in with various coaches.” 

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2015/IsseyNationalteamthesavinggraceinadisappo.aspx

Also, I've read from Frédéric Lord (read points 14-16)

http://www.tvasports.ca/2014/10/24/cest-20-pensees--octobre-et-novembre

They talk about him being very detail-oriented and thinking outside the box. He gives precise directions where the players have to be in certain phases of the game. He watches the majority of the matches (I'm guessing it's for MLS players) and even comments on the player's performance even if they play garbage minutes. And it's mentioned that the goal for Floro is to build to the Gold Cup, but he keeps an eye to Russia.

I don't know if Stephen Hart commented on national team player's club performance, but I don't think that people would listen to him even if he did. That's what having a real coach. Not an amateur to quote Olivier Occéan.

I don't know if Stephen Hart commented on national team player's club performance, but I don't think that people would listen to him even if he did. That's what having a real coach. Not an amateur to quote Olivier Occéan

I'm still baffled by the Hart slagging, and especially when punctuated by an Occean reference.  I suppose Trinidad's rise from 78th to 49th in the FIFA rankings without "a real coach" is simply a fluke?

I'm still baffled by the Hart slagging, and especially when punctuated by an Occean reference.  I suppose Trinidad's rise from 78th to 49th in the FIFA rankings without "a real coach" is simply a fluke?

It's not because of the coach, they  have better players than the teams that they faced in Gold Cup qualifying=bonus FIFA points. It just showed me that Trinidad is able to beat the "powerhouses" that are Antigua and Barbuda, Dominican Republic and Saint-Lucia at home. Trinidad should beat those teams.

Archived