king1010

canMNT vs Panama- Friendly Roster (Nov18)

So far, we know Bernier, De Ro, Osorio , and Tissot will be called in. We could infer we will see guys from both TFC and Montreal. I hope Gagnon-Lapare isn't called though, I would rather see him with the U20s who will be playing a bunch of games in Europe. Same with Larin, if he's available.

Interesting they're in Orlando now before a game in Panama. While last time they were in Cancun before a game in New York. Doesn't seem to make sense. Also I guess no more training at the holiday inn in Sunrise.

If Bernier, De Rosario, Osorio , and Tissot are added to the roster  along  with the additions of regulars like Bekker, Hutchinson, Jakovic & Jackson our roster is looking pretty full.  I wonder who's not going to make it for the next game.

If Bernier, De Rosario, Osorio , and Tissot are added to the roster  along  with the additions of regulars like Bekker, Hutchinson, Jakovic & Jackson our roster is looking pretty full.  I wonder who's not going to make it for the next game.

We will actually have depth going into the future, which is awesome. Except for right back. We still don't have a right back. >.>

Any chance they even attempt to call Tesho if Dallas is eliminated?  Game isn't until Monday already a couple days into camp. His reaction to the invite could give an indication of his future intentions. 

Any chance they even attempt to call Tesho if Dallas is eliminated?  Game isn't until Monday already a couple days into camp. His reaction to the invite could give an indication of his future intentions. 

The roster will come out before. Either way MLS isn't playing the week of the game so expect Tesho to be called.

Edited by Barthez-Battalion

Bekker didn't mention anything about being called up at TFC closing presser. Could be that nobody asked him but he may be the odd one out.

I'm really interested to see if Teibert is there. Now would be a great time to "do what he needs to do" seeing as the Whitecaps season is over.

Akindele would be a great suprise but im not holding my breath.

Also what's this news Dobson seems to be holding out on. Perhaps he drops it during the brodcast (is this game going to be brodcast on Sportsnet?)

Edited by king1010

Bekker didn't mention anything about being called up at TFC closing presser. Could be that nobody asked him but he may be the odd one out.

I'm really interested to see if Teibert is there. Now would be a great time to "do what he needs to do" seeing as the Whitecaps season is over.

Akindele would be a great suprise but im not holding my breath.

Also what's this news Dobson seems to be holding out on. Perhaps he drops it during the brodcast (is this game going to be brodcast on Sportsnet?)

Bekker didn't speak at the closing presser IIRC

We will actually have depth going into the future, which is awesome. Except for right back. We still don't have a right back. >.>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Doneil play RB against Jamaica and do well?  If so, can't we use him there, or do we prefer him at CB?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Doneil play RB against Jamaica and do well? If so, can't we use him there, or do we prefer him at CB?

He played RB against Colombia and was decent as well. The bonus of him at RB over CB is some of his harsher fouls end up as free kicks instead of penalty kicks. He doesn't look too good bringing the ball up the field, but I can personally live with that if he's filling a problem position.

Our lack of strikers is a bigger issue.

Edited by Red and White

Any word on when the roster will be announced? I am thinking today or tomorrow but haven't seen anything hinting at when it will be announced.

Roster: now with more Teibert!

GK- Milan Borjan | BUL / Ludogorets Razgrad
GK- Lars Hirschfeld | NOR / Valerenga 
GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK
D- Nana Attakora | USA / DC United
D- David Edgar | ENG / Birmingham City
D- Doneil Henry | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Nik Ledgerwood | GER / Energie Cottbus
D- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC
D- Karl W. Ouimette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
D- Maxim Tissot | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Bryce Alderson | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
M- Kyle Bekker | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Julian de Guzman | unattached / sans club
M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Besiktas
M- Issey Nakajima-Farran | CAN / Impact de Montréal 
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Adam Straith | unattached / sans club
M- Daniel Stanese | GER / FC Augsburg II
M- Russell Teibert | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Dwayne De Rosario | CAN / Toronto FC
F- Marcus Haber | ENG / Crewe Alexandra
F- Tosaint Ricketts | ISR / Hapoel Haifa

It's a camp beginning November 9th, which gives Floro over a week to get these players ready. I like this recent trend.

Notable omissions are de Jong and Jackson. Pacheco too, if you rate him. No real LB on this squad, in addition to no real RB, though Henry does well enough in that role.

Edited by jonovision

Good, now everyone can calm the **** down about Teibert.

Glad to see Tissot and Alderson on the team, although it would have been nice to see Larin IMO. It's like we took every player on an MLS team and said, here, you go play now.

Great team named, other than Marcus Haber (blegh). Big congrats to Maxim Tissot and I thought Alderson was a myth that some Vancouver fans would mention from time to time. Also I thought Nana had been kidnapped by Raccoons at RFK. Guess that wasn't the reason Olsen never gave him a chance.

Good, now everyone can calm the **** down about Teibert.

Glad to see Tissot and Alderson on the team, although it would have been nice to see Larin IMO. It's like we took every player on an MLS team and said, here, you go play now.

If Larin is available, I think he and JGL will be with the u20s in England, since that team will be playing a bunch of matches.