canMNT vs Panama- Friendly Roster (Nov18)

king1010

It's not because of the coach, they  have better players than the teams that they faced in Gold Cup qualifying=bonus FIFA points. It just showed me that Trinidad is able to beat the "powerhouses" that are Antigua and Barbuda, Dominican Republic and Saint-Lucia at home. Trinidad should beat those teams.

I was more referring to your slag of Hart backed by an Occean reference.  From the players that I spoke to, all agreed that they liked Hart and liked his coaching style.  Seems the only player to complain was Occean, which I find ironic, as Occean was truely the amateur, with a shockingly bad attitude.. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was more referring to your slag of Hart backed by an Occean reference.  From the players that I spoke to, all agreed that they liked Hart and liked his coaching style.  Seems the only player to complain was Occean, which I find ironic, as Occean was truely the amateur, with a shockingly bad attitude.. 

Remind me at what pro club did Stephen Hart coach? They liked Hart, but Hart isn't the coach you need if you want to go to higher aspirations. Hart should never have been hired and that was the point by Occéan. I'd rather see something like that than an anonymous source told Kurt Larson that Stephen Hart is an amateur. At least he had the guts to put his name on it.

Because the Whitecaps hate Canada.

Exactly ^

Their plan is so obvious.

Don't start Rus so they lose, therefore giving no Canadian team to cheer for for Canada supporters, thus declining interest in soccer in Canada, and enabling them to hire more second rate Americans.

But wait... There's more...

With the added bonus of ensuring Tesho doesn't suit up for Canada in Panama further distancing himself from CMNT. While instead playing two more high stakes games to further showcase his abilities to the USMNT.

I see what you doing Whitecaps.

Why do you hate us so?

Patrice Bernier will be there per his blog on rds.

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/impact/un-podium-avant-de-partir-1.1907058

Original: "De mon côté, ma saison n’est pas finie. Dans dix jours, je m’en irai avec l’équipe nationale pour prendre part à un match contre le Panama, alors je ne finirai réellement qu’à la mi-novembre."

My translation: "For me, my season isn't over. In 10 days, I will be with the national team to play a match against Panama, so I won't really finish until mid-November."

Panama has named its 19 overseas players. Gabriel Torres is the only MLS player on the list. They will name their domestic players later.

http://fepafut.com/noticias_detail.asp?id=4082

Porteros
óscar McFarlane - Pérez Zeledón (CRC)
José Calderón - Dep. Coatepeque (GUA)

Defensas
Román Torres - Millonarios (COL)
Harold Cummings - Juan Aurich (PER)
Adolfo Machado - Saprissa (CRC)
Luis Henríquez - Lech Poznan (POL)
Roderick Miller - Mérida (MEX)
Carlos Rodríguez - Fortaleza FC (COL)
Leonel Parris - Uniautónoma (COL)

Volantes
Alberto Quintero - Mineros de Zacatecas (MEX)
Aníbal Godoy - Honved (HUN)
Armando Cooper - Godoy Cruz (ARG)
Rolando Escobar - Dep. Anzoátegui (VEN)
Gabriel Gómez - CS Herediano (CRC)
Francisco Narbón - James Madison University (USA)

Delanteros
Nicolás Muñoz - Isidro Metapán (SLV)
Roberto Nurse - Correcaminos UAT (MEX)
Luis Tejada - César Vallejo (PER)
Gabriel Torres - Colorado Rapids (USA)

Remind me at what pro club did Stephen Hart coach? They liked Hart, but Hart isn't the coach you need if you want to go to higher aspirations. Hart should never have been hired and that was the point by Occéan. I'd rather see something like that than an anonymous source told Kurt Larson that Stephen Hart is an amateur. At least he had the guts to put his name on it.

Guts?????  How was this gutsy by Occean?????  As I stated in a post on here 2 weeks ago,  it would have taken balls to accuse the gaffer of being an amateur BEFORE we played the match that knocked us out.  Rather Occean conveniently throws Hart under the bus after we lose (the match he was suspended for, for being an idiot).

Guts?????  How was this gutsy by Occean?????  As I stated in a post on here 2 weeks ago,  it would have taken balls to accuse the gaffer of being an amateur BEFORE we played the match that knocked us out.  Rather Occean conveniently throws Hart under the bus after we lose (the match he was suspended for, for being an idiot).

At the time, Canada didn't have a coach. Occéan was just lobbying to the CSA that if we wanted to go somewhere, we need a better coach than Hart. I'm not going to defend Occéan for what he did on the field, but Occéan felt more interested in who is the next coach before commiting to the national team. And why would he call the coach an amateur before Hart was done, he would have been persona non grata ala Jim Brennan. You remember how Jim Brennan is chastised here because he called out Dale Mitchell, because he wasn't selected?

Did Occéan's comments help in getting a coach with pro experience? I don't know, but it didn't hurt. If that was his goal, then mission accomplished. It's not like Occéan had a lot to lose with him being suspended for 5 more games at the time, and knowing that it's for the other players that may or may not have had the guts to say that publicly or even privately to the higher ups because they like Hart as a man.

Thank god we have better striker options coming through that are better than Occean. He never needs to wear the maple leaf again.

Sorry when did we get a striker who was among the leaders in scoring in the B2? We have some nice looking prospects but Occean at his peak is still clearly better than anything the young guys have proven.

Sorry when did we get a striker who was among the leaders in scoring in the B2? We have some nice looking prospects but Occean at his peak is still clearly better than anything the young guys have proven.

and for Canada, 6 goals in 29 matches against underwhelming competiton:

# Date Venue Opponent Score Result Competition 1 February 9, 2005 Windsor Park, Belfast, Northern Ireland 23px-Ulster_banner.svg.pngNorthern Ireland 1–0 1–0 Friendly 2 August 22, 2007 Laugardalsvöllur, Reykjavík, Iceland 21px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.pngIceland 1–1 1–1 Friendly 3 October 7, 2011 Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, Saint Lucia 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Lucia.svg.pngSaint Lucia 3–0 7–0 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification 4 October 7, 2011 Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, Saint Lucia 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Lucia.svg.pngSaint Lucia 5–0 7–0 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification 5 November 15, 2011 BMO Field, Toronto, Canada 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Kitts_and_Nevis.svg.pSaint Kitts and Nevis 1–0 4–0 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification 6 June 8, 2012 Estadio Pedro Marrero, Havana, Cuba 23px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.pngCuba 1–0 1–0 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification

“It was never like that previously with the national team,” he added. “It was just morning training and then the afternoon off, just like it is at the club level. But Benito really puts in the time to teach us his philosophy and he is trying to spread that to a lot of players instead of just the core that used to come in with various coaches.” 

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2015/IsseyNationalteamthesavinggraceinadisappo.aspx

A big positive, so far, is that when he's had ample time to prep his squad they indeed look like a prepared unit.  They are well organized defensively and the continuity in his selection has allowed them to be on the same page, so to speak.  And it's a disciplined, graft oriented side of role players working as a collective, which is how this particular group of available players has to play in order to have success.

I liked how they didn't sit back against Jamaica at home when they were in control.  Now I want to see how they do on the road for this match as well as against a bunkering team at home.

And, once again, it's all cakes and ale with all the right things being said when things are on the rise, but it's how well the team handles the adversity when things aren't going well that really points to geniune character.  I have seriously questioned that in the past with some of the incumbents who are considered the team's leaders.  Looking forward to seeing how the Gold Cup will turn out.

It gets more ridiculous. T&T have matches against Curacao, French Guyana, and Cuba in November.

Wow, they are going to crack the top 30. That the Carib Cup qualifiers count as 'official' matches is a joke. Antigua climbed something like 69 spots in a month after three wins. Time to annex St. Kitts so we can get in on the action.

Indeed you are correct. Why not both though? The 11th province - St. Kitts, Nevis, Turcs & Caicos - to rolls right off the tongue.

The argument against both, is that St. Kitts is an independent nation, while Turks & Caicos is a British Overseas Territory, which I'm sure the British Government would be happy to see the back of.

The same category as the Falkand Islands, Gibraltar, Bermuda, and about 10 other territories.

Bermuda, Turks & Caicos, Caymans, Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, and Montserrat though would make a nice province. Though I doubt Bermuda would go for it - and it's probably closer to Nova Scotia than the rest of them.

The argument against both, is that St. Kitts is an independent nation, while Turks & Caicos is a British Overseas Territory, which I'm sure the British Government would be happy to see the back of.

The same category as the Falkand Islands, Gibraltar, Bermuda, and about 10 other territories.

Bermuda, Turks & Caicos, Caymans, Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, and Montserrat though would make a nice province. Though I doubt Bermuda would go for it - and it's probably closer to Nova Scotia than the rest of them.

If we took in Bermuda we would need to fire Floro and hire Paul Mariner as he's the only one who can harness all their talents.

Wow, they are going to crack the top 30. That the Carib Cup qualifiers count as 'official' matches is a joke. Antigua climbed something like 69 spots in a month after three wins. Time to annex St. Kitts so we can get in on the action.

I often state the entire purpose of our military should be to take over other countries to improve the soccer team. 

Archived