canMNT vs Panama- Friendly Roster (Nov18)

king1010

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope the CSA has found a more secluded hotel in Panama City.  The 48 hour street party for our last venture there was effective, in a bad way.

CSA tweeted today that they are sharing the same hotel as Panama so its a lot quieter. That and its a friendly.

EDIT: I see the whole world beat me to the punch lol

That's what Panama will start.

Calderon in goal. Roman Torres and Cummings as Centre backs, Parris and Rodriguez as full backs, Gomez and Godoy in midfield and the 4 going forward (don't really know how they'll stack up) are Gabriel Torres, Escobar, Buitrago and Tejada. You would expect matador Tejada to play up front.

Calderon in goal. Roman Torres and Cummings as Centre backs, Parris and Rodriguez as full backs, Gomez and Godoy in midfield and the 4 going forward (don't really know how they'll stack up) are Gabriel Torres, Escobar, Buitrago and Tejada. You would expect matador Tejada to play up front.

Panama usually lines up in a 4-4-2 so i would expect Tejada and Torres as the forwards and Escobar and Buitrago as the wingers. Interesting that 3 of their 4 defenders play in Colombia. Also looks like they have better GK depth than we do :(

No Felipe Baloy? He was a beast when TFC played Santos Laguna in the Champions League Semi-Final.

Panama usually lines up in a 4-4-2 so i would expect Tejada and Torres as the forwards and Escobar and Buitrago as the wingers. Interesting that 3 of their 4 defenders play in Colombia. Also looks like they have better GK depth than we do :(

Two keepers who play in central america vs. our 3 keepers with European experience.. I wouldn't say they have better GK depth.  Our keeping options may look weak compared to the USA, Costa Rica or Mexico but if you compare to any other CONCACAF nation we don't look too bad.  Not sure many teams can have two keepers with UCL experience and Kenny S has had some good experiences throughout his career.

Two keepers who play in central america vs. our 3 keepers with European experience.. I wouldn't say they have better GK depth.  Our keeping options may look weak compared to the USA, Costa Rica or Mexico but if you compare to any other CONCACAF nation we don't look too bad.  Not sure many teams can have two keepers with UCL experience and Kenny S has had some good experiences throughout his career.

These are their 3rd and 4th string keepers. Their top 2 are Penedo who is with LA Galaxy and Mejia is at Fenix in Uruguay (teammate of Cavallini.

Archived