canMNT vs Panama- Friendly Roster (Nov18)

king1010

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panama is beating El Salvador 2-0 right now and seem to be running them over at the moment. We're better than El Salvador right? Right? Hello?

Yes we are, and that was before half their team was banned for throwing games. Score is now 1-2 at HT. Game is in San Salvador btw so Panama definitely proving their pedigree relative to a mediocre CONCACAF nation.

Article I posted in the NCAA thread says that Larin was called up to this camp, and not the U20s. He turned it down because of the college tournaments that are ongoing.

I find it hard to believe that he was called to the senior team and not the U20s.  That wouldn't make much sense considering no U20 players were called to the Panama camp when we've been consistently calling them in numbers before this.

I wonder how much Larin would have to gain by playing with the U-20's? Is it better for him to potentially dominate against other U-20 competition or get experience against full grown men? 

A front group of Larin and Hamilton is much greater than the group of Hamilton and Jalali.

Well the U20s are preparing for qualifiers so I don't see how he would be exempt from that camp overseas and then thrust into a starting role in qualifiers.  Unless Floro sees him as a key player for the MNT already and wants to work closely with him, which is a possibility.

Well the U20s are preparing for qualifiers so I don't see how he would be exempt from that camp overseas and then thrust into a starting role in qualifiers.  Unless Floro sees him as a key player for the MNT already and wants to work closely with him, which is a possibility.

We'll know exactly where Floro wants Larin when January rolls around. He'll either be with the u20s in the CONCACAF Championship or in the January camp with the senior team.

We'll know exactly where Floro wants Larin when January rolls around. He'll either be with the u20s in the CONCACAF Championship or in the January camp with the senior team.

He'll be with the U20s in CONCACAF.  There is zero chance he misses qualifiers for a January domestic camp.

I hope so too. With Larin we have no excuse not to do well in the tournament, even if we don't have Petrasso or Aird available.

I'm not convinced he'll be a key player for us in January to be honest.  He's very raw, this is one of those tournaments where you choose the guys most developed/ready for that moment and go for the W.  I think he'll be a starter for sure but I'm not going to be shocked or upset if he doesn't score or play a key role.  These will also be his first qualifiers for Canada which is another challenge.  I could see Hamilton starting over him due to experience (even though he's younger). 

I wonder how much Larin would have to gain by playing with the U-20's? Is it better for him to potentially dominate against other U-20 competition or get experience against full grown men? 

I like Larin as much as anyone, but I think we might be over-hyping him a bit! He should definitely be with the U20s. We just played an England squad which included the likes of James Wilson, who is getting first team minutes with Manchester United. As good as Larin is against college competition I'm not sure he would "dominate" his age group!

Archived