canMNT vs Panama- Friendly Roster (Nov18)

king1010

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a camp beginning November 9th, which gives Floro over a week to get these players ready. I like this recent trend.

Notable omissions are de Jong and Jackson. Pacheco too, if you rate him. No real LB on this squad, in addition to no real RB, though Henry does well enough in that role.

Morgan.   

Considering that we have 3 strikers called up and the 4th would have been Tesho, I would suggest that JGL and Larin are missing for the friendlies.

I'd rather have JGL and Larin with the U20s in what will probably the penultimate camp for them before WCQ. (The last camp will  probably be in January to cut 3-4 players to make the final roster)

That was my not so subtle point.

Too Shay.

Moving on, hopefully Hainault's absence will give us a chance to see Henry alongside Edgar at CB.  Perhaps Nana at RB.  He played well for us at RB at a Gold Cup once I believe, an also was slotted there as a U20.  

Will we see the best midfield in Concacaf get one more run for old times sake?  DeRo-Hutch-deGuz-Bernier FTW!  

Interesting that Straith and Stanese are noted as Mids.   

It's a camp beginning November 9th, which gives Floro over a week to get these players ready. I like this recent trend.

Notable omissions are de Jong and Jackson. Pacheco too, if you rate him. No real LB on this squad, in addition to no real RB, though Henry does well enough in that role.

De Jong, Jackson, Pacheco.... Jakovic and Cavallani and Hainault.

Seeing how all the MLS players are free this is a good time to give those guys a run out and give the European and Asian based players a break.

Simeon looks to be falling out of favor though. Jakovic is all the way on the other side of the world. De Jong Hainault and Pacheco have always answered the call so im fine with them getting a rest with so many available MLS players.  And still the same old song and dance with Cavallani.

Great to see Teibert though. He must've "known what he had to do and did it"

Interesting the CSA doesn't even know which team Henry should be listed as playing for

Too Shay.

Moving on, hopefully Hainault's absence will give us a chance to see Henry alongside Edgar at CB.  Perhaps Nana at RB.  He played well for us at RB at a Gold Cup once I believe, an also was slotted there as a U20.  

Will we see the best midfield in Concacaf get one more run for old times sake?  DeRo-Hutch-deGuz-Bernier FTW!  

Interesting that Straith and Stanese are noted as Mids.   

Man I dont know how we never made it to the Hex with that partnership. Wtf was wrong with team chemistry. Radz at striker too. Stalteri Klukowski and McKenna in defense. SMH

Great team named, other than Marcus Haber (blegh). Big congrats to Maxim Tissot and I thought Alderson was a myth that some Vancouver fans would mention from time to time. Also I thought Nana had been kidnapped by Raccoons at RFK. Guess that wasn't the reason Olsen never gave him a chance.

I don't understand the huge hatred you have for Haber. He is a huge threat on set pieces and we don't have many other options

I was hoping that perhaps John Smits and Charlie Trafford would get looks. Smits is probably going to be Edmonton's #1 moving forward. I know people like Monslave but from some Finnish people have told me. the Finnish second division is really really poor.

I really think Smits should be getting the call as third keeper at this point. There is no point to keeping both Stama and Hirsch around when they are both riding the pine and are past their prime.

Trafford is an interesting one but I'd say that for him to get a call up he is probably going to have to move up a level, maybe to Sweden, Denmark or Norway.

Players from the Finnish division don't generally get a lot of attention as its said to be around the same level as NASL so he would have to REALLY stand out to warrant some attention. We don't generally call up guys from Finland. Only exceptions I can think of are his cousin Mason and Frank Jonke who got called to a January camp.  but we are starting to build quite a stable of young MLSers so it is now more likely he would be overlooked. Last year Roger Thompson was starting almost every game in Finland and didn't get a sniff either, so I think if he is capable, he should def look for a move if he wants to play for Canada.

Not the best source, but judging by Ricketts' Wikipedia, he was in Romania at the time of his first call up. Even if that's wrong, he was playing Europa League for the Finnish team

CSA's website: http://canadasoccer.com/?t=roster_test&pid=2703

(I'll be honest, I didn't know where Ricketts was when he got called up, but that team had tons of surprises.)

2009-05-25 2009-05-31 CAN MNT   Stephen Hart CYP  [2009-05] Men’s International Friendly match Myllykosken Pallo –47 21

According to this board Haber is amazing and will lead us into the future!

Nobody is saying that and every time you bring it up we ask who you'd like to see instead and there is no response. In every one of your posts you come on here and spew the same stuff about the forwards but we just don't have any other options.

Nobody is saying that and every time you bring it up we ask who you'd like to see instead and there is no response. In every one of your posts you come on here and spew the same stuff about the forwards but we just don't have any other options.

I always point out I like Ricketts and am excited about Hamilton and Larin. Sorry I don't like Haber or Jackson. We may not have many other options, but that doesn't mean I have to like either of them.

Archived